2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

18 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

His explanation for Diggs:

He's got elite height, weight, and length, plus he's the brother of Stefon Diggs.

Am I all of a sudden suppose to be impressed by the fact he’s Stefon’s brother? A Diva WR2.  

We already have one “Trayvon/Trevon” in Mullen... no need for 2.  He’d get smoked in our system. I think he can be good but had to go To The right scheme

I think you're right here, too much significance placed on his elder sibling. I don't like him as a fit on the Raiders either, not very physical, tackling question marks but he may well get over drafted by some team on his name.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

CAMERON DANTZLER is a guy I would really want in the 3rd.. I think we should trade up in the 2nd for a corner like Cam.

Don't trust his long speed and certainly question his pro day numbers. I think if he's there in the 3rd he'd be great value but I wouldn't trade up for a guy who has big question marks like that. I do like him though but 2nd is too rich fir that gamble for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Don't trust his long speed and certainly question his pro day numbers. I think if he's there in the 3rd he'd be great value but I wouldn't trade up for a guy who has big question marks like that. I do like him though but 2nd is too rich fir that gamble for me.

HIs long speed was fine in the SEC. He did the best of any corner in the entire draft against Jamarr Chase, the best receiver in the country. He's a smart press corner who's very long and can flip his hips. He had an injured hamstring at the combine so he ran slow. He's a better player than Trevon Diggs and definitely is worth a 2nd round pick IMO. Besides his 40, which was slow due to injury, I don't know of any red flags with Dantzler.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

HIs long speed was fine in the SEC. He did the best of any corner in the entire draft against Jamarr Chase, the best receiver in the country. He's a smart press corner who's very long and can flip his hips. He had an injured hamstring at the combine so he ran slow. He's a better player than Trevon Diggs and definitely is worth a 2nd round pick IMO. Besides his 40, which was slow due to injury, I don't know of any red flags with Dantzler.

Oh, I do like him but not as much as Johnson and Terrell. He just didn't look like he had that all important make up speed to me though his technique and press helped him keep with the quicker guys. Id be lying if I said I watched a lot if his body of work but from what I saw he looked like he relied on his wits and technique which is no bad thing but Id be nervous if he didn't get hands on the best receivers. Probably overblown as you say but it wad an impression i had. I should spend time and go back and watch some more 😁😁

• Like 2

Having a corner, that probably has 4.57 real speed max if you’re being generous from his combine time, against the Chiefs 2x for the next 5 years sounds like a pretty bad idea. 

His game is solid, but saying his long speed isn’t a huge concern, especially in our division, sounds like a huge reach imo. I’d avoid Cam completely, and I also would be shocked if he went in the first two rounds. 

• Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Cam runs a 4.38, be nice to pair him back up with Abrams...Cam was a stud in the SEC like Abram. 

Cam doesn’t run anywhere close to a 4.38 lol. These virtual pro day/workouts are absolutely useless and inaccurate. 

• Like 2

11 minute highlight video lol. 

He plays 75% like Marshawn Lynch with the quick cuts and bouncing off defenders. 25% like Jacobs with the vision and being physical (though, not as physical as Jacobs for sure). 

His measurable/combine are also almost identical to Jacobs.

Almost as if this guy was meant to be a Raider. I don’t think he will be though. We won’t use a 3rd Round Pick on a RB. Probably 121 on AJ Dillion. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

From an athletic/physical profile Moss actually compares pretty closely to Josh Jacobs.

I watch him and think Marion barber, decent burst, good power, and good agilty for guy his size. Think Jacobs is but smaller and better juker

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

I watch him and think Marion barber, decent burst, good power, and good agilty for guy his size. Think Jacobs is but smaller and better juker

Barber is an interesting comp. He didn’t last long but that Barber/Felix backfield was super deadly for like 4 years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Barber is an interesting comp. He didn’t last long but that Barber/Felix backfield was super deadly for like 4 years. 

Yeah barber was good for like 2-3 years then fell off but was great for that period. And similar build

Edited by roi34
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

11 minute highlight video lol. 

He plays 75% like Marshawn Lynch with the quick cuts and bouncing off defenders. 25% like Jacobs with the vision and being physical (though, not as physical as Jacobs for sure). 

His measurable/combine are also almost identical to Jacobs.

Almost as if this guy was meant to be a Raider. I don’t think he will be though. We won’t use a 3rd Round Pick on a RB. Probably 121 on AJ Dillion. 

I just finished mocking him in this competitive 32 Gm simulator.... Ended up with 

12. Henry Ruggs WR

19. Jaylon Johnson CB

3- Zach Moss RB

3- Donovan People-Jones WR

3- JAVELIN GUIDRY CB

---- drafted a bunch of Utes lol... Akers went early 3rd, and a lot of wideouts went in 2nd and early 3rd...Only went 3 rounds, in the 4th would go get a LB. Kinda wanted more in the 3rd

• Like 1

I think this forum has done a great job discussing every player at 12, and every player at 19, to the point no one is gonna be surprised by anything. 

However, I just saw a Mock in the Mock Section of the forum with us taking Andrew Thomas at 12. This is also a highly invested topic over on RaiderForums. So yes, highly highly unlikely, and I definitely wouldn’t do this myself. However, as fans, I think it’s in our due diligence to discuss all possibilities, no matter how small, so we are open-minded come draft day about almost every outcome and not surprised. 

So, I was impressed with Kolton Miller last year. He was very solid the first half of the season. However, he was pretty average the second half, maybe slightly above average. I would say, looking at neutral perspective, his play last year is highly over exaggerated by Raider Fans. 

This is the most stacked OT class probably in the last decade. Andrew Thomas is the safest player in the entire draft. A Franchise Cornerstone LT for 11-12 years. Move Kolton inside as a guard. 

Would I take an OT at 12? Absolutely not. Am I advocating taking one at 12? No. Let’s not confuse my intentions here. 

I just want to open conversation to every scenario, no matter how small it is, so no one is surprised come draft day. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think this forum has done a great job discussing every player at 12, and every player at 19, to the point no one is gonna be surprised by anything. 

However, I just saw a Mock in the Mock Section of the forum with us taking Andrew Thomas at 12. This is also a highly invested topic over on RaiderForums. So yes, highly highly unlikely, and I definitely wouldn’t do this myself. However, as fans, I think it’s in our due diligence to discuss all possibilities, no matter how small, so we are open-minded come draft day about almost every outcome and not surprised. 

So, I was impressed with Kolton Miller last year. He was very solid the first half of the season. However, he was pretty average the second half, maybe slightly above average. I would say, looking at neutral perspective, his play last year is highly over exaggerated by Raider Fans. 

This is the most stacked OT class probably in the last decade. Andrew Thomas is the safest player in the entire draft. A Franchise Cornerstone LT for 11-12 years. Move Kolton inside as a guard. 

Would I take an OT at 12? Absolutely not. Am I advocating taking one at 12? No. Let’s not confuse my intentions here. 

I just want to open conversation to every scenario, no matter how small it is, so no one is surprised come draft day. 

I don't think we consider T at all, Kolton has been making strides and a Gruden pick. Trent Brown is an all pro, maybe if we didn't have holes. I agree the first round has been talked to death, want to see more mid round/late round prospects. "Gems"

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2