2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't think we consider T at all, Kolton has been making strides and a Gruden pick. Trent Brown is an all pro, maybe if we didn't have holes there was a bpa. I agree the first round has been talked to death, want to see more mid round/late round prospects. "Gems"

I think Mayock/Gruden/Cable will do their due diligence on all the OT's, but I agree, it's probably not in much consideration.

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I just finished mocking him in this competitive 32 Gm simulator.... Ended up with 

12. Henry Ruggs WR

19. Jaylon Johnson CB

3- Zach Moss RB

3- Donovan People-Jones WR

3- JAVELIN GUIDRY CB

---- drafted a bunch of Utes lol... Akers went early 3rd, and a lot of wideouts went in 2nd and early 3rd...Only went 3 rounds, in the 4th would go get a LB. Kinda wanted more in the 3rd

Not a fan of Ruggs at 12, if we go WR give me Lamb but if not and we stay put Kinlaw but I like the value for Moss and Peoples-Jones in the 3rd. 

7 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Zach Moss has been my go-to guy for the Raiders to draft with their first third round pick. My comp for him is Mark Ingram.

If Moss can play like Ingram he will be a steal in the 3rd.  Ingram is criminally underrated.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Why did you send like 7 different videos of him doing the easiest route in all of football? A comeback route...

I would choose Lamb at 12 because:

1. Because his hands are the best in the draft

2. End zone threat

3. Playmaker

but I don’t know if he will be similar to:

1. Hopkins 

2. Dez 

3. Crabtree 

4. Someone brought up Devante Parker..I could see that. Hopefully Parker today, not 3 years ago

And I think all of those are worth it except Crabtree. 

A part of me feels that Ruggs could make a greater impact specifically in our division where I don’t see many CBS that can cover speed WRs. I do see CBS that can cover Lamb

6 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Why did you send like 7 different videos of him doing the easiest route in all of football? A comeback route...

I would choose Lamb at 12 because:

1. Because his hands are the best in the draft

2. End zone threat

3. Playmaker

but I don’t know if he will be similar to:

1. Hopkins 

2. Dez 

3. Crabtree 

4. Someone brought up Devante Parker..I could see that. Hopefully Parker today, not 3 years ago

And I think all of those are worth it except Crabtree. 

A part of me feels that Ruggs could make a greater impact specifically in our division where I don’t see many CBS that can cover speed WRs. I do see CBS that can cover Lamb

Your final paragraph makes a lot of sense. We have one of the slowest CB divisions. Although with Lamb, he’d definitely have trouble with some of the guys in the AFCW. They are very solid corners. Just not fast. 

Edited by BayRaider

It seems like Justin Jefferson has quietly settled in as the consensus 4th WR in this class. I just don't see it with him. He seems to feast on favorable matchups in the slot in a wide-open offense. I don't see a guy who can consistently win one-on-ones or having the savvy to get open in intermediate zones. To me, he's the picture of a replacement-level receiver. My comp for him is Zay Jones.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Anyone saying Lamb isn't good route runner doesn't watch him enough.

No one is saying he’s not a good route runner..

im saying he’s route running has been overrated IMO. I give his route running a solid B. Which is good. It’s definitely not elite.  

Jeudy on the other hand does have very elite running ability..

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

No one is saying he’s not a good route runner..

im saying he’s route running has been overrated IMO. I give his route running a solid B. Which is good. It’s definitely not elite.  

Jeudy on the other hand does have very elite running ability..

Lamb is B+ route running with A hands and A with contested catches. 

Juedy is A in route running with B hands in contested catches and B+ hands in general

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Don't trust his long speed and certainly question his pro day numbers. I think if he's there in the 3rd he'd be great value but I wouldn't trade up for a guy who has big question marks like that. I do like him though but 2nd is too rich fir that gamble for me.

His 30 5/8” arms concerning too.  For someone of his build I’d expect 32”+ arms easily.  I still like his as a 3rd but I’ve seen a ton of physical but poor deep speed and short armed CBs come thru the draft and be out the league in 2-3 years.  
Everyone keeps saying “look what he did to Chase!”  Chase isn’t a Julio Jones-type WR.  He’s a 6”0 1/2 to 6’1, 200lb very physical WR with approx 4.48-4.54 speed.  Chase literally challenges CBs to play him physical the week before game.  Chase is an elite player but that’s exactly the CB that Dantzler matches up with best.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Lamb is B+ route running with A hands and A with contested catches. 

Juedy is A in route running with B hands in contested catches and B+ hands in general

Very respectfully disagree. Lamb is B in Route Running and Jeudy is A+. Best Route Runner to come out of college in a long, long time. He’s absolutely excellent. 

38 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Very respectfully disagree. Lamb is B in Route Running and Jeudy is A+. Best Route Runner to come out of college in a long, long time. He’s absolutely excellent. 

While I agree Jeudy is very good, I would disagree on the A+. But I suppose it depends on how you define "route running." Jeudy has supreme understanding and experience of routes and their nuances. But actually running those routes against NFL CBs requires a level of physicality and athleticism to be elite. I do not believe Jeudy does.

• Like 3