2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

if BayRaider wants to think Love is amazing I don’t care.  He’s not The only one.... I just have been on record as saying his fools gold and taking him will set the franchise back 2-3 years AT the absolute worst time.  We’re finally on the up and up with resources and coming off a shoulda been playoff team last year

I'm not a huge fan of Love here because I'm okay with a QB room of Carr, Mariota, and potentially Peterman/Kizer. But Love definitely does have a lot of upside and can be a good starter if he goes into he right situation. I personally wouldn't want to invest #12/#19 into him but if a team gets him in the early 2nd round like where we took Carr and he can sit for a year, I think that's an excellent value pick. 

A lot of people are comparing him to Mahomes but if he reaches his upside I see a lot of Deshaun Watson in his game.

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think I like reagor more than Jefferson. One of the worst catchable target rates in the country. He looks more explosive, can play outside, and just feels more dynamic to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if reagor ends up better than Ruggs.

Reagor is so explosive and put up better numbers than Ruggs playing with 4 CFL QB's the last two seasons at TCU. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm of the opinion that you only draft a qb if you're SOLD he can be the guy and has elite upside. If Love busts, that would set us back 2-3 years minimum. Pass.

Love certainly has a ton of upside because of his physical tools. I think with a player like Love, if you're drafting him you accept that he's going to have to sit for at least a year. I disagree that if Love busts it sets a team back 2-3 years. If he was drafted here he wouldn't even see the field in 2020. But if he's drafted by a team that he plays as a rookie and the team sucks, like the Chargers for example. I'm sure having Love wouldn't stop them from taking Trevor Lawerence or Justin Fields early next year like the Cardinals did with Murray having just drafted Rosen the year before.

• Like 1

These are my receiver comps after going through some cutups this weekend:

• Lamb - Hopkins
  • Ruggs - Cooks
  • Jeudy - Thielen
  • Mims - Chark
  • Reagor - DJ Moore
  • Pittman - Brandon Marshall
  • Hamler - Tyler Lockett
  • Brandon Aiyuk - Pierre Garcon
  • Tyler Johnson - Steve Johnson
  • Laviska Shenault - Hakeem Nicks/Sammy Watkins/Cordarrell Patterson (obviously I had some trouble with this one)
  • Tee Higgins - Tyrell Williams
  • Bryan Edwards - Corey Davis
  • Justin Jefferson - Zay Jones
  • Like 1

On the topic of QBs, I hope the Chargers go Justin Herbert or OT. Preferably Herbert. 

Like I said, Herbert is that Mariota/Winston type. Barely good enough to stay a starter, but he shows you flashes, and maybe one good season. He sets you back 5 years and doesn’t get his contract renewed. 

The Chargers having a boom or bust prospect like Jordan Love where he can be Top 5 QB or Blaine Gabbert/Jonny Manziel level busts scares the heck out of me. And even if Love busts, it doesn’t set you back, because unlike Herbert, you know in Year Two. 

The last thing I wanna see is a Chargers Super Bowl. I personally think they go OT though and sign Cam after the draft so they don’t play their hand. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

These are my receiver comps after going through some cutups this weekend:

• Lamb - Hopkins
  • Ruggs - Cooks
  • Jeudy - Thielen
  • Mims - Chark
  • Reagor - DJ Moore
  • Pittman - Brandon Marshall
  • Hamler - Tyler Lockett
  • Brandon Aiyuk - Pierre Garcon
  • Tyler Johnson - Steve Johnson
  • Laviska Shenault - Hakeem Nicks/Sammy Watkins/Cordarrell Patterson (obviously I had some trouble with this one)
  • Tee Higgins - Tyrell Williams
  • Bryan Edwards - Corey Davis
  • Justin Jefferson - Zay Jones

Thanks for putting this together. Definitely a lot of similarities. I think Jeudy is more of a Chad Johnson/Amari Cooper hybrid (and more Johnson), and I think Higgins is more Crabtree, but some interesting/good comparisons. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Same. I like Love's potential. Will need a year or 2. With Mariota signing, QB spot is as good as it's going to get for the time being.

I'm completely confident in our QB room as it stands. Carr going into his third season in the system as the starter, Mariota with an incentive heavy deal that will motivate him to push for the job, and Kizer/Peterman both in their second year in the system battling for the third spot. 

One scenario I haven't seen discussed much but is something that I would love to see. I'd personally look to trade back with a team like Indianapolis. Preferably with a move like #19 for #34, #122, and your 2021 first round pick. Acquiring an additional first round pick next year would give us the fire power to move up for someone like Lawerence or Fields. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Brady/Love was a combo plan. Not a “I want Love at 12” no matter what plan. Love learning from Brady? Hell yes. You’re learning from the GOAT and Love is a massive project. Love learning from Carr? God, no. I have not advocated drafting Jordan Love without the context of Tom Brady. 

I have never once advocated Jordan Love at 12, or 19, for the Raiders, by himself. Nor has anyone else on this forum. He just wanted to make his usual every 2-3 day Jordan Love-Hate post. Once again, if I had posted the Justin Herbert is a Bust video, I would have had 5 replies calling me a hater. The double standards of this forum, which is beyond annoying. Everyone should be treated the same, period. 

Check all my mocks. I’ve posted like 12 total in the mock section. Not one time have I selected Love at 12, or even 19. Maybe a playful mock in this thread, where I’ve mocked almost all players to us, although I’m pretty positive I haven’t. And I have never once pounded the table for him. 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/26960-19-pick-who-do-you-think-itll-be-who-do-you-want-it-to-be/?do=findComment&comment=2761808

Ummm he is you're 4th option for "what I want at 19"

Edited by OG_C2X

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Route running has become a redundant talking point. Again, the best WRs in the game are adequate route runners. You don't have to be "elite" at running routes. The fact the best selling point for Jeudy is... "he is an A+ route runner" is exactly why I don't like him at 12. What other traits does he wow you with? He's not physical, he drops balls when contested, he's not got game breaking speed. He's skinny, small framed and played most slot. A+ route runner... what else adds up to he show that doesn't place him as as high end #2 at the next level?

100%... once again... it’s like you see thru the BS so often.

im so tired of hearing about player x’s elite route running.... or like when we heard so many great things about DJ Hayden’s amazing footwork for years and how he’d finally break out, yet could never cover anyone or even turn his head.  It gets to the point that some of this “insight” is just regurgitated BS and nothing more... trying to be passed of as some high level analysis.  When people say those things over and over I really start to think they don’t know what their talking about and are just repeating scouting reports... which is fine.... not everyone has the time to watch players in depth.:.. but let’s just be honest about it... if it’s a consensus scouting report line that’s fine, it’s prolly true.... but I feel half the time people see some crazy footwork drill on IG or YT and that’s their information source.  I’ve seen some Asian kids with insane footwork on Dance, Dance, Revolution... doesn’t make them an elite athlete, lol.

Route running is one aspect of what helps a WR be good, not what makes him good.  but what other assets does he bring to the table cuz to make plays? 

And your 100% on Jeudy... until he can bring more to the table (I.e strengthen up) he’s gonna be reduced to the slot and/or going in motion a lot and be more of a complimentary WR then the go to target and play maker of an offense.  

He ain’t gonna be routine perfect routes if he’s struggling to get off the line consistently and getting bumped off course throughout the route and at the catch point.

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Who ever suggested drafting Love? I don’t remember anyone suggesting draft him. Definitely wasn’t me. Yes, he’s my 15th Overall Ranked Prospect because of his skillset, and possible “boom”. He has all the tools you want in a QB and had a terrific 2018. Love will either be a Top 5-8 QB or a huge bust like Blaine Gabbert/Kizer. Jordan Love is the very definition of Boom or Bust. There is zero middle ground. If I’m a NFL team, I still take Love way, way before Justin Herbert all day. Herbert, is basically the Winston/Mariota type who keeps your franchise back for 5 years. He’s below average, but not terrible, and shows flashes. And then you don’t renew his contract after 5 years. That’s Justin Herbert. Love you’ll know in Year Two whether he’s a Boom or Bust. 

Also, the guy you are sharing the video from, Alex Rollins, has said on record, Justin Herbert is a bust. Heck the video is titled Justin Herbert Bust. 

And sure, you’ll find me in the “Who would you draft at 19” section with Love Ranked as 4th or 5th Option, because of BPA. But you’ll never find a single of post of me saying “We NEED to draft Jordan Love, right now!!!”. “He HAS to be Carrs replacement”. I’ve definitely never pounded the table for Jordan Love to the Raiders in any way. So I hope your post isn’t directed at me, Jim. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This WR class seems to be getting closer and closer by the day. You can even debate Jeudy/Lamb are not as far ahead of the others as originally thought. 

This is why I’ve always been fine trading out of 12, or selecting a defensive player. 

The issue though is, if you stay at 12, and Okudah/Brown/Simmons are gone, WR is far and away BPA. You gotta select it. I’m still not sold on Henderson. And I think Kinlaw is very raw, but I like him. 

That is why I feel like a trade up to 8 (1400) or 9 (1350) for 12 (1200) and 80 (190) plus a late round pick next year would be a fantastic move if Okudah, Simmons or Brown slip.  That would be the ideal move but would a team like Zona or Jax make that trade if one of those Blue Chip prospects are still there?  We may have to sweeten the pot quite a bit to get up there if one of those players fall.  

I've never liked WR value early in the 1st unless that prospect is a Julio or Tron type prospect which none of the WR's in this class are.  I do like Lamb and am a fan of his game but would taking him at 12 be good value compared to having faith in Mayock to pull out similar production later in the draft considering this WR class is so deep?  We will find out in less that 2 weeks what he thinks.

I personally think waiting on WR may be the best move especially if Lamb is gone at 12.  I was hoping to get some value in FA but that didn't happen.  If we decide to wait Cb or interior D line would be in play at 12 and I think Kinlaw has to be in the conversation there.  I also think Chaisson should be in play at 19 if he is on the board.  We need to bring heat and create a bully D.  Chaisson could play SLB, rush the passer and could be in the rotation at DE as well.  I like that versatility.  

If we stay at 12 and 19 what combination (position or players) would you guys want if Mayock decides to wait on WR?

• Like 1

* Trade #19 to Indianapolis for #34, #75, & #122 * 

* Trade #75 & #81 to Pittsburgh for #49 * 

12 - CJ Henderson | CB | Florida

34 - Marlon Davidson | DL | Auburn

49 - Jalen Reagor | WR | TCU

80 - Ashtyn Davis | S | California

91 - Zack Moss | RB | Utah

121 - Darnay Holmes | CB | UCLA 

122 - Davion Taylor | LB | Colorado 

159 - Antonio Gandy-Golden | WR | Liberty 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is why I feel like a trade up to 8 (1400) or 9 (1350) for 12 (1200) and 80 (190) plus a late round pick next year would be a fantastic move if Okudah, Simmons or Brown slip.  That would be the ideal move but would a team like Zona or Jax make that trade if one of those Blue Chip prospects are still there?  We may have to sweeten the pot quite a bit to get up there if one of those players fall.  

I've never liked WR value early in the 1st unless that prospect is a Julio or Tron type prospect which none of the WR's in this class are.  I do like Lamb and am a fan of his game but would taking him at 12 be good value compared to having faith in Mayock to pull out similar production later in the draft considering this WR class is so deep?  We will find out in less that 2 weeks what he thinks.

I personally think waiting on WR may be the best move especially if Lamb is gone at 12.  I was hoping to get some value in FA but that didn't happen.  If we decide to wait Cb or interior D line would be in play at 12 and I think Kinlaw has to be in the conversation there.  I also think Chaisson should be in play at 19 if he is on the board.  We need to bring heat and create a bully D.  Chaisson could play SLB, rush the passer and could be in the rotation at DE as well.  I like that versatility.  

If we stay at 12 and 19 what combination (position or players) would you guys want if Mayock decides to wait on WR?

I think the Raiders will end up with C.J Henderson and Ruggs, Ruggs at #19 because of the WR depth I think they will be pushed down the board with a run on OT's

First round mock no trades...

1. Cincinnati - Joe Burrow | QB | LSU

2. Washington - Chase Young | Edge | Ohio State

3. Detroit - Jeff Okudah | CB | Ohio State

4. New York - Isaiah Simmons | LB | Clemson

5. Miami - Tua Tagovalioa | QB | Alabama

6. Los Angeles - Justin Herbert | QB | Oregon

7. Carolina - Derrick Brown | DT | Auburn

8. Arizona - Tristian Wirfs | OT | Iowa

9. Jacksonville - Javon Kinlaw | DT | South Carolina

10. Cleveland - Mehki Becton | OT | Louisville

11. New York - K'Lavon Chaisson | Edge | LSU

12. Las Vegas - C.J. Henderson | CB | Florida

13. San Francisco - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

14. Tampa Bay - Jedrick Willis | OT | Alabama

15. Denver - Josh Jones | OT | Houstan

16. Atlanta - Yetur Gross-Matos | Edge | Penn St.

17. Dallas - Kristian Fulton | CB | LSU

18. Miami - Xavier McKinney | S | Alabama

19. Las Vegas - Henry Ruggs | WR | Alabama

20. Jacksonville - Jeff Gladney | CB | TCU

21. Philadelphia - Jerry Jeudy | WR | Alabama

22. Minnesota - Trevon Diggs | CB | Alabama

23. New England - Jordan Love | QB | Utah St.

24. New Orleans - Patrick Queen | LB | LSU

25. Minnesota - Justin Jefferson | WR | LSU

26. Miami - Cesar Ruiz | OT | Michigan

27. Seattle - Ross Blacklock | DL | TCU

28. Baltimore - Kenneth Murray | LB | Oklahoma

29. Tennessee - A.J. Epenesa | Edge | Iowa

30. Green Bay - Brandon Aiyuk | WR | Arizona St.

31. San Francisco - Jaylon Johnson | CB | Utah

32. Kansas City - Jonathan Taylor | RB | Wisconsin

Edited by raidr4life