2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Idk how much better we are on the field in ‘20 with Terrell or Johnson at 19 then if we add Worley and Kirkpatrick/T.Johnson/etc.

and I think we’ve as a group just become resigned to the fact that we’ll overdraft a CB at 19 and are already making rationalizations for why it was a good move.  Im sorry but Terrell or Johnson, etc at 19 is not a good draft pick, it’s a moderate reach.  

The thing is though it's not just about 2020, it's about building a good defensive unit going forward. Worley clearly isn't a scheme fit because he's way too slow, which is why we moved him to safety. Johnson and Kirkpatrick are both 30 years old and coming off of season ending lower body injuries. If you think Terrell or Johnson are plug and play or at the very least starters by the middle of the season like Mullen while being a quality player going forward, it's not a reach. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It wasn’t a back handed compliment it was a compliment.  I don’t expect you to thank me for it and invited me over your home for a nice gluten free meal, but geeze just take the compliment.

I’d be pounding the table for Gross-Matos at 12 if we didn’t have Ferrell/Crosby. I think he’s going very high. 

As of now, I still prefer that trade down with Philly, but if not, give me Jerry Jeudy. He makes defenders look like fools. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I suppose I’ll take this backhanded compliment mixture here, lol. 

I try not to look at rankings at all when forming my own. It’s how I came away with Gross-Matos at 6 and CeeDee Lamb at 23. I thought about moving Gross-Matos down and CeeDee Lamb up because of negativity, but I’ve stuck to those two rankings. 

I’ll use Chris Simms as an example. People get sooo mad when they don’t see the “usual” consensus rankings. I don’t get it personally, but it happens. Simms changed things last year because of fan-backlash. This year, he stuck to his guns even though the backlash/hate over Jeudy at #6 and Okudah at #3 was overwhelming. 

People like what they are use to seeing (same rankings they’ve seen a million times, everyone just copies each other). 

Just because everyone says something don’t make it right and just because Chris Sims goes against the grain doesn’t mean he’s a great evaluator either.   At least sims often gives a reason why he differs.  I like that, from what I’ve seen.

I find most people go with the consensus option due to lack of actual high level evaluation material... ie All-22s and in person evaluation... the stuff the experts get.

im sure most of the time pure preference and gut beliefs effect the rankings more than anything when it’s a close call.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d be pounding the table for Gross-Matos at 12 if we didn’t have Ferrell/Crosby. I think he’s going very high. 

As of now, I still prefer that trade down with Philly, but if not, give me Jerry Jeudy. He makes defenders look like fools. 

Didn’t ur buddy Chris Sims ****e on Jeudy tho?

5 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

the question of the last 2 wks for sure.lol and its a tuffie.lol

Right but i think it's key. If you can't find an answer to that, it means nobody stands out and need becomes the deciding factor.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The thing is though it's not just about 2020, it's about building a good defensive unit going forward. Worley clearly isn't a scheme fit because he's way too slow, which is why we moved him to safety. Johnson and Kirkpatrick are both 30 years old and coming off of season ending lower body injuries. If you think Terrell or Johnson are plug and play or at the very least starters by the middle of the season like Mullen while being a quality player going forward, it's not a reach. 

I know I get all that.  I’m solely saying if for some reason we traded off 19 and missed out on Terrell and Johnson (and didn’t like Diggs and Fulton) and didn’t really value drafting one of the lower ranked guys....

it wouldn’t be a end of the world situation.  We could still get place holders in FA that would play comparable, and even more consistently, than Terrell/Johnson/etc.

im not saying “we don’t need to draft a CB!” It more “hey if we don’t see value at CB at 19 and more back and in doing so miss our guys, we don’t have to reach just to get a CB we don’t think is a good value and for.... we could just sign a FA or two to start”

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Didn’t ur buddy Chris Sims ****e on Jeudy tho?

Chris Simms is not my buddy and I highly disagree with his Jeudy assessment. Jeudy has been #1 WR for me since December. He’s the only WR I have in my “Blue Chip Prospects”. 

15 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

about 40 miles west of Denver up at about 8500/9500 ft.lol grand lake / granby Colorado. just when I thought things were thawing out and maybe time to fish. like I said on FB, old man winter just stays here too long for me. moving back to the Ozarks in 2 wks, just south of branson ,mo. beautiful fishing there, unfortunately lots of Chef fans as well (and im sure plenty new ones riding the wagon also.lol)

How do you like Colorado? Was debating buying land there because acres are sooo cheap. California is uber-expensive. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Chris Simms is not my buddy and I highly disagree with his Jeudy assessment. Jeudy has been #1 WR for me since December. He’s the only WR I have in my “Blue Chip Prospects”. 

Excuse me for being friendly and joking.  Maybe I should have more like an autistic person and said “well what do you say about Chris Sims criticism of Jeudy?”  

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I been to Denver a few times, it’s so nice. Just annoying Bronco fans, but Colorado one of the best places in the country. 

I’ve heard great things about Denver as well. One of my soon-visit spots. Hopefully catch a Raider @ Bronco game without too much conflict lol. I’d like to go to all 32 Stadiums at some point. 

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like cities you can breathe like Denver, Portland. and San Diego. LA overrated and Bay Area too dam expensive. 

Agreed. A city with a lot of trees/green. Breathing is so noticeably better, it’s crazy. California sucks for breathing, especially the Central Valley from Stockton all the way down to Bakersfield. The sky is gray in Bakersfield and Fresno lol. 

Agree about San Diego. Moneray and San Diego are by far my two favorite places in Cali. San Francisco and Los Angeles-Region are unbelievably overrated. 

Edited by BayRaider

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How do you like Colorado? Was debating buying land there because acres are sooo cheap. California is uber-expensive. 

its ok, lots of beautiful mountains. however, unless you ski, snowboard or snowmobile living up here you get long winters. from oct 1rst until april 1rst its usually below 40 as a high and below 20 as a low. spring is a hiccup, summer is cool (ac is almost not necessary) I will say Denver isn't an overly ugly city, not really crowded. but theyre starting to build out east. (which you can have because by the time you hit the airport you`re looking at flat plains.....everywhere as far as the eye can see.lol) if youre gonna buy property, do it now, and even that's a tiny bit late, but still better than cali. as far as property costs go. evergreen is a nice little town just just west of Denver off of 70. breck and vail are getting crowded. steamboat is nice but you`re gonna be a ways from Denver. just depend on how citified you are. if you like cheap waterfront , id say check out Biloxi,gulfport or mobile. silly prices for gulf front views honestly. especially for us Californians.lol

• Like 1

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

its ok, lots of beautiful mountains. however, unless you ski, snowboard or snowmobile living up here you get long winters. from oct 1rst until april 1rst its usually below 40 as a high and below 20 as a low. spring is a hiccup, summer is cool (ac is almost not necessary) I will say Denver isn't an overly ugly city, not really crowded. but theyre starting to build out east. (which you can have because by the time you hit the airport you`re looking at flat plains.....everywhere as far as the eye can see.lol) if youre gonna buy property, do it now, and even that's a tiny bit late, but still better than cali. as far as property costs go. evergreen is a nice little town just just west of Denver off of 70. breck and vail are getting crowded. steamboat is nice but you`re gonna be a ways from Denver. just depend on how citified you are. if you like cheap waterfront , id say check out Biloxi,gulfport or mobile. silly prices for gulf front views honestly. especially for us Californians.lol

Thanks. This post was loaded with info. And yes getting any kins of water-view in Cali you’re looking at multi-millions usually.