Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

On 8/3/2019 at 3:26 PM, Heimdallr said:

If it is true that matchmaking is based on input device, and not on what system you are on, I might get this for PC instead of PS4, but still play with a controller. 

That way I still get to play the way I prefer (with a controller, against console peasants), but at a higher resolution, 144 fps, and with a FOV slider and more settings. 

nah

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

nah

I'm gonna download both the PS4 and PC versions during the beta and see which one runs better.

It is confirmed that matchmaking is based on input type, NOT on system type, so there won't be any issues playing between PC/PS4.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm gonna download both the PS4 and PC versions during the beta and see which one runs better.

It is confirmed that matchmaking is based on input type, NOT on system type, so there won't be any issues playing between PC/PS4.

the issue is talking while we're playing my guy. I'm not about to run discord and put earbuds in my ear under my headset

I guess we could talk in game chat and mute everyone

Edited by JBURGE

Just now, JBURGE said:

the issue is talking while we're playing my guy. I'm not about to run discord and put earbuds in my ear under my headset

Don't all COD games have party chat? Or is it something you need to do through the PS4 party system? 

If crossplay is going to be a big thing, I'm sure they have party chat running through the game.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Don't all COD games have party chat? Or is it something you need to do through the PS4 party system? 

If crossplay is going to be a big thing, I'm sure they have party chat running through the game.

I edited my post and said we could just chat in game chat and mute everyone. I'm pretty stoked for 2v2

Edited by JBURGE

10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I edited my post and said we could just chat in game chat and mute everyone. I'm pretty stoked for 2v2

Do you have BO3 or MW:R? I'm gonna need to get warmed up before the beta. I haven't played COD in like 6-8 months

5 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

If you're playing on PC, you're going to be in PC lobbies.  I don't see why it would matter if you're using a controller or not.  PC players have more advantages than just mouse and keyboard.  Getting this game or pretty much any game on PC to play with a controller is utterly pointless and a poor decision.  That stands true for like 90% of the games on PC, unless you playing something like Rocket League.

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

If you're playing on PC, you're going to be in PC lobbies.  I don't see why it would matter if you're using a controller or not.  PC players have more advantages than just mouse and keyboard.  Getting this game or pretty much any game on PC to play with a controller is utterly pointless and a poor decision.  That stands true for like 90% of the games on PC, unless you playing something like Rocket League.

see @Heimdallr listen to this expert

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

The developers have explicitly stated many times that matchmaking will be INPUT based, not based on what system you are on.

PS4 (controller), XBox (controller) and PC (controller) will be grouped together.

PS4 (K+M), XBox (K+M) and PC (K+M) will be grouped together.

If you are in a party with both controller and K+M players, you will be placed in the K+M matchmaking pool.

The developers have explicitly stated many times that matchmaking will be INPUT based, not based on what system you are on.

PS4 (controller), XBox (controller) and PC (controller) will be grouped together.

PS4 (K+M), XBox (K+M) and PC (K+M) will be grouped together.

If you are in a party with both controller and K+M players, you will be placed in the K+M matchmaking pool.

I read a report a while back that said it would be like Fortnite's system.  In Fortnite if you play on a PC, then you are in a lobby with PC players.  Doesn't matter if you use a controller or not.

Allowing PC players with a controller to play against console players is really stupid and unfair.  Wouldn't surprise me that CoD still can't get something right that Fortnite has already mastered and has laid out a blueprint on.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Allowing PC players with a controller to play against console players is really stupid and unfair.

PC players might have a very small advantage due to potentially higher framerate (I think COD generally caps framerate though) and FOV, but that is a very minor difference. That sort of difference is just as meaningful as a classic PS4 dropping more frames than a PS4 Pro. 

Good players will still be good, and bad players will still be bad. 

Your latency and monitor delay will have FAR more impact on your gameplay than PC vs console (when using the same input method). 

PC players might have a very small advantage due to potentially higher framerate (I think COD generally caps framerate though) and FOV, but that is a very minor difference. That sort of difference is just as meaningful as a classic PS4 dropping more frames than a PS4 Pro. 

Good players will still be good, and bad players will still be bad. 

Your latency and monitor delay will have FAR more impact on your gameplay than PC vs console (when using the same input method). 

Small advantage?  Those are HUGE advantages. 

The regular PS4 will probably run this game at like 50-55 FPS depending on what is happening.  The PS4 pro will run the game at probably 58-60 FPS.  THAT is not that big of a deal. 

Your PC will run this game at 144 FPS, while my PS4 will run the game at closer to 60.  THAT IS A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE.  Like, it's night and day.  How is 144 FPS vs 60 FPS about the same as a stock PS4 and PS4 Pro.  That's a terrible comparison and it's flat out wrong.

Also, FOV is also a huge advantage.  People discovered this in Fortnite recently and console players were ticked off because they're not able to manipulate their FPS.  It's a huge advantage because someone with deeper/stretched FOV can see more things.  You can see an enemy on the edge of your screen that is literally IMPOSSIBLE for someone who can't change their FOV to see.

And duh... your latency and monitor has a huge impact.  But a person with a computer can have a 144hz monitor and actually use it.  A person with a PS4 can have that same 144hz monitor and the console is literally capped at 60 fps, so it doesn't matter.

Those are huge advantages.

• Like 1