Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

7 hours ago, MossyMoss said:

I am curious if ps4 will have 50 vs  50 game mode. Btw they wont be able to detect people using xim4 to play on ps4 as well right? 

If the other consoles have a game mode, why wouldn't the PS4 have it.  There's cross play, so PC, Xbox and PS can all play together.  I'm not sure if they'll have the detection to the XIM, but it should.  Fortnite has that and it automatically puts you in a PC lobby.

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

Fortnite has that and it automatically puts you in a PC lobby.

This is not true.

A XIM works by converting M+K inputs into a simulated controller, and consoles can't tell the difference from a controller. If you are using a native M+K you will be in the keyboard playlist, but if you are using a XIM the system will think you are using a controller and put you in controller lobbies. It is a known exploit in all previous COD games, and crossplay won't change that.

Fortnite is the same way, and Epic has banned people for using a XIM. It is just usually very hard to detect. Fornite routinely releases updates to try to disable XIMs, but they are usually cracked within a day.

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

This is not true.

A XIM works by converting M+K inputs into a simulated controller, and consoles can't tell the difference from a controller. If you are using a native M+K you will be in the keyboard playlist, but if you are using a XIM the system will think you are using a controller and put you in controller lobbies. It is a known exploit in all previous COD games, and crossplay won't change that.

Fortnite is the same way, and Epic has banned people for using a XIM. It is just usually very hard to detect. Fornite routinely releases updates to try to disable XIMs, but they are usually cracked within a day.

How is it not true?  I have a friend with a XIM Apex and when he plugs it in, he is moved to a PC lobby.  No other game does this from my knowledge, except Fortnite.  Overwatch and other console FPS games can't detect someone using a XIM.  Fortnite is the only active game (from my knowledge) that tries to disable use of the XIM.  I don't see why this new CoD wouldn't have that, too... unless they want their players using a XIM.

This has nothing to do with cross play, I just mentioned that because he also asked about the PS4 version having a game mode that other versions of the game will have.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

How is it not true?  I have a friend with a XIM Apex and when he plugs it in, he is moved to a PC lobby.  No other game does this from my knowledge, except Fortnite.  Overwatch and other console FPS games can't detect someone using a XIM.  Fortnite is the only active game (from my knowledge) that tries to disable use of the XIM.  I don't see why this new CoD wouldn't have that, too... unless they want their players using a XIM.

This has nothing to do with cross play, I just mentioned that because he also asked about the PS4 version having a game mode that other versions of the game will have.

That is good news if Fortnite figured out how to detect a XIM - maybe other games can do it too then. That must be pretty recent though, because I know last year it was still a big problem in Fortnite. 

5 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

That is good news if Fortnite figured out how to detect a XIM - maybe other games can do it too then. That must be pretty recent though, because I know last year it was still a big problem in Fortnite. 

Yea, it's more of a recent thing.  As far as I know, Fortnite is the only game that has this ability for some reason.  It's probably a constant battle between EPIC and XIM developers to constantly counter each other.  I know they make a real true effort to remove XIM from their game, though.  For some reason, I don't think this new CoD game will do that.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

@Heimdallr Pre-Alpha access to gunfight mode this weekend on PS4, Aug 23-25!!!!! We playing?

100%. Do you know what time it goes live on Friday? 

I don't, but I'll be home at around 7est. Probably not available to play until a little later though