Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

33 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I got in about an hour of 2v2 this morning - flat out it is awesome.

The guns and movement feel so good, and time to kill is perfect. 

2v2 is really fun (unless you got a thumbless teammate and you get wrecked).

I'm that teammate who needs to be carried.

• Like 2

I hate console exclusivity, granted it's only for a weekend but still lol

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I got in about an hour of 2v2 this morning - flat out it is awesome.

The guns and movement feel so good, and time to kill is perfect. 

Is the TTK comparable to any other COD?

Edited by iknowcool

I played some 2v2 this morning.  I need to play the real game before I made a decision on whether or not I'm going to buy this, though.  The 2v2 is fun, but it's not something that I really want to play.  The Famas is burst fire in this game, so that's pretty cool

Just now, showtime said:

I played some 2v2 this morning.  I need to play the real game before I made a decision on whether or not I'm going to buy this, though.  The 2v2 is fun, but it's not something that I really want to play.  The Famas is burst fire in this game, so that's pretty cool

Most ARs have selectable fire (switch between semi/burst and auto). That is cool.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

So far, the game feels a lot better.  Guns feel a lot better.  This should be the best CoD since BO1, but it's kinda hard to tell because 2v2 is so far away from the actual regular game modes.

These kinds of statements are so subjective. I thought BO1 multiplayer was kind of a laggy inconsistent mess, but a step in the right direction.

The last cod I can say I really liked the online in was BO2. MW3 was good but just a worse version of MW2, Ghosts sucked, AW was actually fun because it was the first jetpack game, but the loot box weapons that were better than regular ones was awful. Every other game since then, with maybe the exception of BO3, has been imo bad. 

This game feels really, really nice. The recoil feels substantial but still controllable. The details and visuals are amazing. The movement is great so far. But I agree, the beta is where the real feel will come from.

Now on to the mini-map.... I feel like it actually could be a good thing for the 2v2 mode, because communication should be important and easier to say what you're watching. But in 5v5+ I think I will hate it, but will reserve judgement until the beta. Playing cod for 12 years now, it will be difficult to have such a core shift. I use the mini-map and have used it extensively for map positioning, so having to use the compass with red markers is going to be interesting. 

• Like 3

I can't remember, have they said anything about loot boxes for this game?  Specifically putting new guns in them?

I jumped into some BO4 last night for the first time in a couple months just because I had the itch and I was getting one shot with this ridiculous crossbow they added and there was a ton of new guns I had never seen before.  There's 8 or so guns I'll never be able to get because they're locked behind the loot box system, so stupid. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

These kinds of statements are so subjective. I thought BO1 multiplayer was kind of a laggy inconsistent mess, but a step in the right direction.

The last cod I can say I really liked the online in was BO2. MW3 was good but just a worse version of MW2, Ghosts sucked, AW was actually fun because it was the first jetpack game, but the loot box weapons that were better than regular ones was awful. Every other game since then, with maybe the exception of BO3, has been imo bad. 

This game feels really, really nice. The recoil feels substantial but still controllable. The details and visuals are amazing. The movement is great so far. But I agree, the beta is where the real feel will come from.

Now on to the mini-map.... I feel like it actually could be a good thing for the 2v2 mode, because communication should be important and easier to say what you're watching. But in 5v5+ I think I will hate it, but will reserve judgement until the beta. Playing cod for 12 years now, it will be difficult to have such a core shift. I use the mini-map and have used it extensively for map positioning, so having to use the compass with red markers is going to be interesting. 

My favorite CoD games are MW2 and BO1.  This game feels better to me, so far, than all the CoD games after that.  The other BO games were good (outside of BO4). 

As far as the no mini-map, I'm pretty excited about that.  I'm really looking forward to how it will play and I really hope they stand firm and don't backtrack to all the whiny player base that will constantly complain about it.  To me, it makes killstreaks like UAV and stuff even more valuable that it's ever been.  I'm running C-UAV every game no matter what.

I'm going to run around with my SMG and C-UAV and have a ton of fun. 

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

I can't remember, have they said anything about loot boxes for this game?  Specifically putting new guns in them?

I jumped into some BO4 last night for the first time in a couple months just because I had the itch and I was getting one shot with this ridiculous crossbow they added and there was a ton of new guns I had never seen before.  There's 8 or so guns I'll never be able to get because they're locked behind the loot box system, so stupid. 

They haven't said anything. Things will probably start out in a decent place, but a few months after release (after all the christmas sales) I can see them blowing everything up. That is what happened on BO4.