Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't play TDM (unless it pops up in Ground War), so maybe put in sound whoring and a mini map for that game mode.  Or just keep that stuff in competitive.  But objective based game modes shouldn't have either one of those things.

Knowing where your teammates are (via the mini map) is even more important in a game like Domination or Hard Point. You need to know which lanes are covered, who is near the objectives, and where the other team is spawning. 

If you are just spawning and throwing your body on the objective blindly you don't really need a map, but for any strategy more complicated than that, you do. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Yea, that's part of the problem for people like me.  All I do is cap objectives and run around.  I hate playing against people who just are in a room and can hear me running up to them.  It's like, I don't know you're in there just ADS waiting for me to run in, so I get mowed down.  I love the fact that there is no minimap and sound whoring.  People use those things as a crutch and depend on them.  We about to see who the actual real good players are now.

Hearing footsteps is huge for any playstyle, there's nothing worse than getting flanked and having absolutely zero chance to react.  Using sound isn't just for campers...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Yea, that's part of the problem for people like me.  All I do is cap objectives and run around.  I hate playing against people who just are in a room and can hear me running up to them.  It's like, I don't know you're in there just ADS waiting for me to run in, so I get mowed down.  I love the fact that there is no minimap and sound whoring.  People use those things as a crutch and depend on them.  We about to see who the actual real good players are now.

There is a huge difference between sitting in a corner soundwhoring and listening for footsteps... 

However, I am fine with the change! It made it a necessary search perk and I think that's dumb. Now that they're slowing the game down, it is fine to have quieter footsteps and no dead silence if you are moving slowly enough. If you're sprinting you should make a lot of noise, but it's stupid to walk loudly. They've also added opening doors (which is loud) I think to help combat this

Edited by JBURGE

When I play, I literally run non-stop.  I always hear stuff because I'm always moving.  I don't stop.  Not being able to hear footsteps would be great for someone like me.  I don't sit in a room and shoot out of a window where I'm silent and need to be able to hear stuff going on around me.  I'm not saying sound whoring is for campers only, but it's for a slower play style than I use.  This will benefit me a great deal.

If it is true that matchmaking is based on input device, and not on what system you are on, I might get this for PC instead of PS4, but still play with a controller. 

That way I still get to play the way I prefer (with a controller, against console peasants), but at a higher resolution, 144 fps, and with a FOV slider and more settings. 

Cross play is going to be a disaster. They can spin that parity garbage if they want to, consoles vs. PC is gonna be a clusterfeck! But regardless...

I'm here for it. Now just tone down Aim-Assist and actually make people learn to aim themselves... that's where the true fun will be.

Let the Snowflake Apocalypse begin!

4 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Cross play is going to be a disaster. They can spin that parity garbage if they want to, consoles vs. PC is gonna be a clusterfeck! But regardless...

I'm here for it. Now just tone down Aim-Assist and actually make people learn to aim themselves... that's where the true fun will be.

Let the Snowflake Apocalypse begin!

You won't play against people on PC if you're on console unless you have a PC player in your party. 

9 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

You won't play against people on PC if you're on console unless you have a PC player in your party. 

Is that what they're saying? All reports I've seen made it seem like you can choose to play with PC or Xbox players if you want to.

9 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Is that what they're saying? All reports I've seen made it seem like you can choose to play with PC or Xbox players if you want to.

I'm assuming it will be like Fortnite.  There was a report a while ago that said that.

The way Fortnite works is basically like this.  There are two different type of lobbies - console and PC.  If you're on the PS4 and play with other PS4 players in your party and/or you have Xbox player(s) in your lobby, you will still be in a console lobby. 

If you're on the PS4 and you have a friend who is playing on PC in your lobby, then you will go into a PC lobby.  That means you will be playing in a lobby full of other mouse and keyboard users because you have a PC player in your lobby.

It's set up this way because they will not put a mouse and keyboard user in a lobby with controller users.

This is how it SHOULD work.  But I guess we won't actually know until the game releases.

As a note.  I've been playing Fortnite since season 2 (started really getting into the game in season 4).  We're currently in season 10.  I have a friend who is a PC player and when I play with him, I'm in PC lobbies.  Fortnite pretty much has this system down perfectly and other shooter games should follow it the way it is.

After watching the first 3 minutes of those, I'm not liking the way they are handling killstreaks.

You can't run UAV, CUAV and Care Package at the same time, you need to choose only one from the 4-kill tier.

With a personal UAV at 3 kills, I'm guessing most people will skip the team UAV either to have the Care Package or a higher streak. Also, NOBODY is  going to run CUAV if you need to give up both UAV and Care Package.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

After watching the first 3 minutes of those, I'm not liking the way they are handling killstreaks.

You can't run UAV, CUAV and Care Package at the same time, you need to choose only one from the 4-kill tier.

With a personal UAV at 3 kills, I'm guessing most people will skip the team UAV either to have the Care Package or a higher streak. Also, NOBODY is  going to run CUAV if you need to give up both UAV and Care Package.

I never noticed that.  Wait so, this game does not have a mini-map, right?  I guess you only have a mini-map if you have a personal radar or a UAV... or the other killstreak that is like a Blackbird.  Oh wow, that changes things a ton.

There's really no point to run counter-UAV because there's no mini map.  I just thought about that.  I guess it depends, though.  Since there is no mini-map, maybe UAV because must run and C-UAV is something you also need to run to counter that.

I'm not a fan of how they're handling the higher killstreaks. I gotta keep walking up to access them praying I won't get hit from behind because of a phony spawn change.

Specifically - The Tank and the Jugganaut 

But looks like I'll only  be running UAV, Chopper gunner and the fake Pavelow.