Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

After ~10 games, my initial impression is that this game is going to be the slowest, campiest COD ever.

The combination of slow sprint out times, fast time to kill, no radar, killstreaks instead of scorestreaks, and maps with lots of corners, buildings and verticality means you are HEAVILY punished for moving. Almost every design decision they've made is to slow the game down.

I'd say 80% of the times I die or get a kill are because one person blindsides the other. Almost no head-to-head gunfights due to the map design.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

After ~10 games, my initial impression is that this game is going to be the slowest, campiest COD ever.

The combination of slow sprint out times, fast time to kill, no radar, killstreaks instead of scorestreaks, and maps with lots of corners, buildings and verticality means you are HEAVILY punished for moving. Almost every design decision they've made is to slow the game down.

I'd say 80% of the times I die or get a kill are because one person blindsides the other. Almost no head-to-head gunfights due to the map design.

Bleh

It is early... have to imagine that once people get comfortable with the maps it will be different.

Plus, the competitive playlist will probably be far more obj based. 

45 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Bleh

It is early... have to imagine that once people get comfortable with the maps it will be different.

Plus, the competitive playlist will probably be far more obj based. 

It is better in 6v6 Dom, but TDM and the 10v10 modes just feel like a bleepshow.

The maps feel sort of awkward where it is slow and spread out in 6v6, but chaotic in 10v10. 

TDM spawns on some map are REALLY broken. I've died many times within 2 seconds of spawning

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Is the M13 an AR or sub? It had both mods in the alpha

It is an AR. The MP7 is my favorite sub. 

We only have access to like 3 AR and 3 subs because the level cap is set at 10 for this beta.

One thing I learned, is that you can't see the different attachment options until you get close to unlocking them (via weapon level progression). At first I thought there were only 1-2 options for each attachment category, but now that I've leveled up a few weapons, you unlock a ton more attachments.

I mean, Call of Duty is just a bad game in general and has been for a very long time.  Out of all of them, though this one is pretty good.  It's better than Black Ops 4, but that's not really saying much.

I played for a bit and didn't find anything too surprising.  I was just running around having a good time.  It's pretty good for a CoD entry.

The only thing is, I hate the PS4.  Once the beta comes to Xbox, I will probably have more fun with the game.