Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

10 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I plug my PS4 controller into my PC and get the best of both worlds 

Part of the problem isn't the controller vs keyboard, it's that while I have more than enough ram, my video card seems to struggle with it. It takes my full CPU processing when I run it, and that's without high settings. I'm updating my video drivers now just to be safe, but overall i'd rather have it run smoothly on my ps4 than struggle on the PC / have to lower graphics.

Overall I thought that for a beta it was a very good game to play. Ground War was by far my favorite mode (because I'm historically a Battlefield player at heart). There were obviously glitches and things that need to be fine-tuned, but the game itself plays very well and I was honestly really impressed with just about everything about this game.

They're going to have to figure out weapon balancing because the MP5 and M4A1 were so clearly superior weapons to everything else it didn't even make sense using other guns. Also, they need to explore how to better balance the perks, because to me Overkill + Ghost + Amped was easily the best setup you can get.

Looking forward to the full game being released. Obviously I won't be pre-ordering but I'll probably pick this up on Black Friday or something.

It seems like I wasnt the only person who was having comms issues. I could see people's icons and my own as well, but I could not hear anyone. Seems like a bunch of threads on reddit and other forums in the past few days over this issue. Hopefully they fix it; some of the workarounds I cant try because anytime I alt tabbed I couldn't get back in. This is the only game I've encountered these problems with so far.

In terms of gameplay, definitely took me back to my PS3 CoD days from 10 years ago. I don't like how some maps have inherit "team camping" spots during TDM, but overall it's a solid game. Doesn't feel too fast paced nor slow, I do echo the sentiment that some guns just feel superior to others, especially once you max out gunsmith.

Beta reminded me too much of Battlefield. Game was cool overall, but I think I'll wait to Black Friday when its $40 then I'll bite. The days of buying games like this at launch is over. Hopefully Search and Destroy has returned to its roots. That's the main reason I want to buy the game. The Cyber attack stuff is OK I guess, but not a fan of the baby monitor portion.