Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

2 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Well, maybe if people stop buying their games they wouldn't keep pushing their luck.

They let Activi$ion get away with all their BS in BO4, locking all DLC behind a season pass with day 1 content that you could initially only get with a $100 SE and throwing in awful MTXs, including a battle pass and a 50 GB day 1 patch for all physical versions of the game, and what did they do? They snuck in loot boxes post launch.

Seriously, stop buying their games. 

2486463-3244796904-mw2-b.png

This is the sad reality of a lot of the 'boycott this game!' mobs.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 7:16 PM, RuskieTitan said:

2486463-3244796904-mw2-b.png

This is the sad reality of a lot of the 'boycott this game!' mobs.

You could argue people NOT voting with their wallets caused Acti to get too far ahead of themselves. Look at all the BS Acti pulled with BO4, they locked all DLC behind a season pass that you could initially only get with a $100 SE with day 1 content and less content than previous passes, threw in an awful tiered battle pass system and rendered all physical editions of the game obsolete with a 50 GB day 1 patch and still managed to sell over 14m copies. And then they started selling reticles, throttling XP and snuck in loot boxes post-launch. All because people LET them get away with their BS.

And now, we have Acti locking PC and XB1 players out of an entire game mode for an entire year (basically the game's whole life span) and throwing in P2W loot boxes containing weapons. Activi$ion does this ish because they know Bobby Kotick could literally be caught shooting a guy on tape and they'd still sell tens of millions of copies. And the sad part is, people know what they have to do to get them to stop, yet they refuse to do it.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 6:15 PM, showtime said:

It's gonna be crazy when 80% of the people in this thread who said they weren't going to get the game are playing it on launch day.

I'm just teasing.

I won't be playing on launch day, but I have a feeling I'll eventually do something to play it, whether it's a subscription purchase or buying the game used. The thing that will ultimately determine it for me is whether or not there are truly guns that come in the Supply Drops.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I won't be playing on launch day, but I have a feeling I'll eventually do something to play it, whether it's a subscription purchase or buying the game used. The thing that will ultimately determine it for me is whether or not there are truly guns that come in the Supply Drops.

I don't see why guns wouldn't be in supply drops.  Haven't the previous CoD games done that? 

13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

No, just recent I believe. Although I haven't played COD since AW which caused me to quit COD.

In the past guns were accessed by leveling up iirc.

Correct, and that's how it is this year as well, so you can imagine the outrage when most people unlock guns by playing the game and then other people buy them via supply drops.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:53 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Correct, and that's how it is this year as well, so you can imagine the outrage when most people unlock guns by playing the game and then other people buy them via supply drops.

Right, it's amazing the kind of BS Activi$ion pulls year in and year out, and that needle keeps getting moved every year. 

Jim Sterling has the right idea: 

I'm not gonna lie.  I was talking to a few of my friends today who are on PS4 and did not play the beta and they all said they were probably going to get the game.  If they do, then I'll probably end up getting it as well.  I don't really want to, but meh.  I'm just hoping that this game doesn't suck like Black Ops 4 ended up sucking.

Also, I don't care about that PS4 exclusive stuff.

When will we learn if guns are in supply drops or not? 

On 10/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, showtime said:

When will we learn if guns are in supply drops or not? 

About 3 months after release, after the big holiday sales push.

It'll probably start out in a good place, but then they'll start gauging everyone with the MTX. Just like BO4 and MW:R. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

One of the art directors for Infinity Ward said on Reddit yesterday there are no "functional items" (aka guns) in Supply Drops, only cosmetics. So it looks like we're back to "he said/she said" type of stuff.

The key here is they have said pretty much the same thing every year, and then after launch they completely screw us over.

Less of a "he said/she said" situation and more like when your girlfriend cheats on you 4 different  times, but you stay with her because "this time will be different".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The key here is they have said pretty much the same thing every year, and then after launch they completely screw us over.

Less of a "he said/she said" situation and more like when your girlfriend cheats on you 4 different  times, but you stay with her because "this time will be different".

Yeah I agree here. I'm not buying on release date and instead I'll scope out the game as-released and if it doesn't contain any functional lootboxes I'll consider purchasing it. Otherwise that's a hard no from me.