Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

The camping in this game is insane.  Maybe I'm just bad, but man people will be posted in the weirdest spots and won't move at all.  It's really frustrating.  And the maps in so many ways favor it.  Like why are there so many buildings and windows?  

There's so much to like about this game, but the maps are so bad.  Nobody moves at all and it's kind of pulling it down for me.  And you know, camping is going to be a thing, whatever.  But it doesn't feel like you can even try to rush/push.  There's so many windows and rooftops to pick you off from.  Again maybe I'm just bad, I don't doubt it, but SMGs don't even feel usable in this game.  Most of my engagements so far have been long(ish)-distance.

And if it isn't the maps preventing me or someone from being an aggressive player, it's the sound.  I'm all for great sound in a game, hell my favorite FPS is Siege, but dead silence isn't a perk anymore; it is, however, a field order, but it isn't all that effective from what I've heard.  So there isn't really a good way to counter how insanely loud your player is.

Edited by iknowcool

5 hours ago, iknowcool said:

The camping in this game is insane.  Maybe I'm just bad, but man people will be posted in the weirdest spots and won't move at all.  It's really frustrating.  And the maps in so many ways favor it.  Like why are there so many buildings and windows?  

There's so much to like about this game, but the maps are so bad.  Nobody moves at all and it's kind of pulling it down for me.  And you know, camping is going to be a thing, whatever.  But it doesn't feel like you can even try to rush/push.  There's so many windows and rooftops to pick you off from.  Again maybe I'm just bad, I don't doubt it, but SMGs don't even feel usable in this game.  Most of my engagements so far have been long(ish)-distance.

And if it isn't the maps preventing me or someone from being an aggressive player, it's the sound.  I'm all for great sound in a game, hell my favorite FPS is Siege, but dead silence isn't a perk anymore; it is, however, a field order, but it isn't all that effective from what I've heard.  So there isn't really a good way to counter how insanely loud your player is.

Haven't played this COD, but previous games I have to slow down my play style and move while crouching. Depending on how loud the game is making the footsteps this should really counter the sound whoring players. 

6 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I really feel like they need to add back in the red dots on the mini map when an enemy shoots.  These maps aren't the classic 3 lanes so when you go out in the open it's a total crapshoot if you're going to get shot or not.  I'm holding out that once I get used to the maps they'll be okay, but I completely agree on the windows/rooftops thing.  

I don't really agree on the SMGs, I think they're really good.  The P90 is nuts once you get some attachments on it and I've been pretty successful with the MP5 as well.

The biggest thing for me is they need to bring back the ability to filter by 6v6/10v10.  HQ is completely unplayable in 10v10 due to the map size.  There's times where I'll spawn and be 250m away from the HQ with the rest of my team.  It's literally impossible to run to the next HQ before it goes active.  It's just back and forth 60 point caps every single time.