Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

On 10/13/2019 at 10:52 PM, Heimdallr said:

About 3 months after release, after the big holiday sales push.

It'll probably start out in a good place, but then they'll start gauging everyone with the MTX. Just like BO4 and MW:R. 

+1. I have never spent real money on a loot crate, and I still won't when the inevitably release guns that are only available in crates. 

I think there is more than 1 way to speak with your wallet. Yes you could not buy the game, for me I just won't give them any money through MTX. 

46 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

They came out today and said all weapons and attachments can be earned by playing the game, nothing will be behind loot boxes.  They'll have battlepasses for cosmetics only. 

The really important part is that they said it will "never" have lootboxes or mtx guns in the game. 

You can pay for the battle pass, but the battle pass now gives cod points which can be used to purchase cosmetics. There is also a free battle pass option, which likely will cap you earlier. 

50 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

They came out today and said all weapons and attachments can be earned by playing the game, nothing will be behind loot boxes.  They'll have battlepasses for cosmetics only. 

"base weapons". I'm hoping this isn't a specific wording that excludes future weapons to be introduced.

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-10/Announcement-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Post-Launch-Approach-to-New-Content

But overall.......very hopeful. Very.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Now I'm starting to get interested again. Still complete bs that xbox/pc players have to wait a year for a game mode though.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"base weapons". I'm hoping this isn't a specific wording that excludes future weapons to be introduced.

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-10/Announcement-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Post-Launch-Approach-to-New-Content

I hope they clarify "base weapons".

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm just praying they're talking about the weapon variants they've had in the past few games. 

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I'm just praying they're talking about the weapon variants they've had in the past few games. 

Never trust Activision in anything. Always expect the worst and prepare for something worst than that.

Game still is in bargain bin mode for me at this point. Got a $25 Amazon credit, but doubtful I burn it on this unless the squad "Green up". And so far, that isn't happening.

19 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Now I'm starting to get interested again. Still complete bs that xbox/pc players have to wait a year for a game mode though.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of alternative would you recommend? Since they added cross-play, they had to remove the map pack delay that has existed for 10 years. They have made all map packs free. 

I can think of a few things... they could delay release of new guns to xbox/pc, they could add in game currency for PS4 owners as a bonus. 

What they chose was to delay the release of one portion of one game mode. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I am pretty confident in saying this is more Sony's fault. They paid a ton of money to Activision to have perks to having a PS4 with cod. 

20 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Never trust Activision in anything. Always expect the worst and prepare for something worst than that.

Game still is in bargain bin mode for me at this point. Got a $25 Amazon credit, but doubtful I burn it on this unless the squad "Green up". And so far, that isn't happening.

Activision made around 4 billion from in game contents loot boxes and in game content etc. I remembered one youtuber said COD lootboxes alone is close to 800 million to 1 billion plus. Hard to see them taking it out. 

I don't care if they have weapons in loot boxes and I especially don't care about them having certain modes not be on other platforms.  All I care about is mostly the game play of the game and how they handle cross play.  I'm just not sure if this is worth $60 or if it's better to just get it next month on sale.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:47 PM, flyers0909 said:

They also said there'd be no microtransactions in Crash Team Racing: Nitro Refueled yet look how that turned out. Never trust Activi$ion, kids.

And they won't care if you don't buy the MTXs because they already got your money on the game.

21 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Prime customers get a $10 credit for preordering, and claim same day delivery for release date. Might just do the PS4 version.

I hate that they changed it from 20% off pre-orders to a $10 credit. That was the main reason I had prime. Then they changed that, and missed like 3 release day deliveries in a row.