Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

I know the answer to this question but how in the hell did they ruin this?  I think the beta was pretty damn successful.  Yeah there were some complaints but I think the majority of people were excited for a new look COD and IW seemed to be listening to some of the community complaints. 

Then they go and pull this nonsense.  I'll be honest I probably wouldn't have even opened up the Survival mode but it still is a ridiculous move.  Then on top of that they go back to the same BS crate system everyone has been complaining about for years.  Hundreds of Sprays/Emotes/Tags/BS diluting the crates (with no salvage system) and they put the god damn guns in the crates.  Screw Activision.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm out. No way I'm going to support a game that has weapons in supply drops, and locks half of the player base out of an entire game mode for a YEAR.

This is beyond disappointing. I'm a PS4 player and I HATE that they're doing the year exclusive. And weapons in crates?!?... I may skip it out of principal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm out. No way I'm going to support a game that has weapons in supply drops, and locks half of the player base out of an entire game mode for a YEAR.

Aaaaaaand I'm out as well. How in the WORLD do you expect people to support this?! I actually loved the Beta and was 100% going to buy this game but there's not a chance in the world that's going to happen if this is what is being shipped. Wow.

39 minutes ago, showtime said:

Damn, so PC and Xbox players aren't getting that game mode until a YEAR later.  That's absurd.  The next CoD game will be released by then.  Wow.  I knew there would be PS4 exclusiveness, but I thought it was going to be like a week or two early, not a year early lol.

I'm thinking they must have traded Sony an entire game mode a year early instead of the week early updates/maps/content that PS4 got last year.  How they thought this would go over better is beyond me lol. 

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I'm thinking they must have traded Sony an entire game mode a year early instead of the week early updates/maps/content that PS4 got last year.  How they thought this would go over better is beyond me lol. 

I don't think they really care.  The amount of money Sony paid for that is probably absurd, plus this is Call of Duty.  It's one of those franchises that's just like Madden, NBA 2K, etc.  People that love it are going to buy it regardless and it doesn't really matter what's going on. 

People right now who have a PC or Xbox are upset, but they'll still buy the game anyway because they'll still have campaign and multiplayer modes, which is what 99.9% of people care about anyway. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

The funny part is that as a PS4 owner I probably won't play a single game of spec ops survival lol

And Activi$ion kills hype for one of the most anticipated CoDs in recent memory with their BS, why am I not surprised? 

Seriously, if anyone's surprised by this...

Good news, though: it looks like they lost a TON of pre-orders for the game because of their shenanigans: 

Good, and I say that as a PS4 owner. Serves the bastards right.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 2

Absolutely. I hope they did lose a ton of Pre-Orders, but the question then remains: Will anything change?

Are they going to keep implementing the P2W lootboxes or remove them? Are they going to remedy the Survival Mode situation (not sure they can since it's probably a signed contract now) or just move forward with that BS?

It's just actually amazing how these companies sabotage themselves with their own greed.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Absolutely. I hope they did lose a ton of Pre-Orders, but the question then remains: Will anything change?

Are they going to keep implementing the P2W lootboxes or remove them? Are they going to remedy the Survival Mode situation (not sure they can since it's probably a signed contract now) or just move forward with that BS?

It's just actually amazing how these companies sabotage themselves with their own greed.

Well, maybe if people stop buying their games they wouldn't keep pushing their luck.

They let Activi$ion get away with all their BS in BO4, locking all DLC behind a season pass with day 1 content that you could initially only get with a $100 SE and throwing in awful MTXs, including a battle pass and a 50 GB day 1 patch for all physical versions of the game, and what did they do? They snuck in loot boxes post launch.

Seriously, stop buying their games. 

• Like 1