Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

13 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

After seeing some PC gameplay at 1440@60 FPS, I'm downloading the PC beta... It looks SO much smoother and better than the PS4 gameplay.

I play on PC at 1440p 144hz and the game is smooth as silk. It's amazing.

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

has anyone tried the 32v32 Ground War?

Yep. It's pretty damn fun. It's basically Battlefield the way Battlefield used to be, but with Call of Duty elements. The map doesn't feel too big, but gives plenty of room for all types of gun fights.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

If you buy this on PC, can you still play with console players by default.  I'm sure would hope not.

I'm assuming it's only if a console player is in your party, and even then it should default that party to a PC lobby.

When I play solo on my PC with a controller, and 90% of the people in my lobbies are Xbox/PS4.

Just now, showtime said:

Oh really?  Thanks for that info.  That's a deal breaker for me.  I'm not gonna buy this now.

Why? I have not done any better on PC than when I played PS4. There is probably an advantage, but not enough to make a huge difference. I still get stomped by better players. It just looks better and runs more smoothly than on my old PS4.

PC players (or console players) that are using mouse+keyboard are in different lobbies.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

Why? I have not done any better on PC than when I played PS4. There is probably an advantage, but not enough to make a huge difference. I still get stomped by better players. It just looks better and runs more smoothly than on my old PS4.

PC players (or console players) that are using mouse+keyboard are in different lobbies.

Is the game locked at 60 FPS on PC?

Just now, Heimdallr said:

No. I'm sure people with great PC's are at 144hz.  I'm usually around 70.

Console players will probably get around 45-55 FPS while PC players are getting 120+.  That's actually an extremely MASSIVE advantage.  Plus, they can change their resolution, field of view, etc. 

I knew CoD would completely screw this up.  Fortnite literally put the formula out there on how to do this.  So stupid.

Oh well, I'm glad I know this now and not after I spent $60 on the game.  Unless, they're just doing this to test cross play and the actual game won't be like this.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Console players will probably get around 45-55 FPS while PC players are getting 120+.  That's actually an extremely MASSIVE advantage.  Plus, they can change their resolution, field of view, etc. 

I knew CoD would completely screw this up.  Fortnite literally put the formula out there on how to do this.  So stupid.

Oh well, I'm glad I know this now and not after I spent $60 on the game.  Unless, they're just doing this to test cross play and the actual game won't be like this.

if you don't want to play against other systems, you can completely opt out of crossplay.

• Like 2