Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Has anyone else noticed that the resolution and lighting are hugely downgraded from the 2v2 alpha? Framerate also isn't near 60 FPS.

Everything looks grainy/blurry, and a lot of the extra effects such as gun smoke, muzzle flash, shadows, dynamic lighting, etc. have been downgraded. Probably to try to keep performance stable in larger maps and with more players. 

In the alpha I was really blown away with how good it looked, but now it looks just as washed out as Black Ops 4.

28 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Has anyone else noticed that the resolution and lighting are hugely downgraded from the 2v2 alpha? Framerate also isn't near 60 FPS.

Everything looks grainy/blurry, and a lot of the extra effects such as gun smoke, muzzle flash, shadows, dynamic lighting, etc. have been downgraded. Probably to try to keep performance stable in larger maps and with more players. 

In the alpha I was really blown away with how good it looked, but now it looks just as washed out as Black Ops 4.

I didn't notice honestly. Did you turn the motion blur off? 

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:
50 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I didn't notice honestly. Did you turn the motion blur off? 

Yeah, I turned blur and film grain off. Maybe it is just because I'm on an old PS4 instead of a Pro.

I didn't turn the grain off, should I do that? 

I'll probably be playing a fair amount of Borderlands this weekend because I was so underwhelmed last night. If they add the mini-map back in I'll be eager to try it to see if that was my issue. It is just such an adjustment I had a hard time focusing on the gunplay 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

I think this is a really solid, well developed game, but it just isn't what I want out of a COD game.

If you want a slow, tactical, realistic feeling game, this one is for you. If you want a fast-paced arcade shooter, it is extremely frustrating.

This game is pretty much the exact opposite of Black Ops 3, which was by far my favorite COD. That isn't necessary a bad thing, but I just am not having a ton of fun right now. 

I think I may hold off on getting this one until they announce the MTX and gun DLC details, and see how the gameplay changes after the first patch or two.

I called that in the past.  I said the game looks too tactical and slow paced.  When I first saw the 2v2 game mode, it looked more like CS:GO than CoD.

If anyone hasn't played CS:GO, it's pretty much a one life game every round.  Once you die, you're out.  So it's slow paced and very tactical.  It's insanely popular and it's a lot of fun for people who enjoy that type of game play.  CoD shouldn't be like that.

I think they're mostly doing all this stuff so CoD can be a bigger esport, but it's never going to happen.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 2:10 PM, showtime said:

The 2v2 stuff looks like crap to me.  That's like exactly what I don't want in a Call of Duty game.  Making the games smaller and smaller and one to two bullets kill.  That's similar to CS:GO and I hate that game. 

I want to see 6v6 game play.  Where's Ground War at? 

Back in July.

47 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think they're mostly doing all this stuff so CoD can be a bigger esport, but it's never going to happen.

Franchise spots are going for $25M which is higher than the initial bids for Overwatch (2-3x that since then).  It's obviously not on the level of DOTA, LOL, Overwatch, CSGO but Activision is really pushing this thing. 

Edited by flyers0909

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Franchise spots are going for $25M which is higher than the initial bids for Overwatch (2-3x that since then).  It's obviously not on the level of DOTA, LOL, Overwatch, CSGO but Activision is really pushing this thing. 

Yea, I know.  There's a ton of money in Esports.  I'm just saying that CoD, at it's core, is not an Esport type of game.  The game a lot of people love is an arcade type of game.

Plus, now that we're in 2019, nobody wants to watch controller players play games.  Players who play on a controller suck (for the most part) and are inferior to PC players in terms of skill.  Normally, Esports is about watching the absolute best players.  CoD is still mainly a console game.

Overwatch and Fortnite are big console and PC games, but the pro scene is mostly on PC for both those games.  And obviously Dota, LoL and CS:GO are only PC games.

10 hours ago, showtime said:

I called that in the past.  I said the game looks too tactical and slow paced.  When I first saw the 2v2 game mode, it looked more like CS:GO than CoD.

If anyone hasn't played CS:GO, it's pretty much a one life game every round.  Once you die, you're out.  So it's slow paced and very tactical.  It's insanely popular and it's a lot of fun for people who enjoy that type of game play.  CoD shouldn't be like that.

tbh this is exactly why I am interested in this game - because it's a little slower paced and more tactical. That's a selling point, not a drawback.