26 members have voted

1. 1. How long is your commute?

• Less than 10 minutes
    • 10-20 minutes
    • 21-30 minutes
    • 30- one hour
    • Longer than an hour

4 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Dude, commutes out here are unreal.  I used to commute from around the middle of LA to Santa Monica, which took about 45 min for about 10 miles.  But sometimes I had to go to West LA., which also took  ~45 min.....but was only 7 miles.  Then I moved to Santa Monica, and ever since, my commute has been 15-30 min for a while (5-8 miles).  I'll be moving to Hollywood this fall and I expect that number to go way higher though unfortunately

As for liking it: HELL no.  Long, peaceful commutes like I had in WNY were A-okay by me.  Blast some tunes, watch out for ice/snow and enjoy.  Boston was alright for the most part, as long as it wasn't rush hour and the Sox weren't playing.  But LA?  Brutal if you're on a main street or a freeway.  And they're usually the only options.  Stop/go.  Deal with people trying to cut you off.  Almost get into accidents.  Have BMWs/Prius'/Maseratis drive like they own the road because they'll sue the hell out of you even if an accident is their fault.  Long as hell stand still traffic if you take the 10 or 405.  I've heard some people like to meditate on the 405 in their cars during rush hour traffic

Now you understand what us Cali guys were talking about in those old threads about who has the worst traffic lol. The 405 is the worst I've ever been in, especially around the Sepulveda Pass. Pretty much any day at any time it's slow there.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:20 PM, BigBillsFan13 said:

Now you understand what us Cali guys were talking about in those old threads about who has the worst traffic lol. The 405 is the worst I've ever been in, especially around the Sepulveda Pass. Pretty much any day at any time it's slow there.

Yeah the 405 is the worst.  Thankfully I'm usually on the 10 if I'm on a freeway.  Until I move, that is.

15-20 minutes for me. It's better than the hour commute I did last year. Ideally, I'd have as short of a commute as possible, but I don't mind my current commute. I just turn on old school rap and enjoy the ride. I am happy driving myself, so I'm not interested in public transit.

Archived