Dome's Saloon and House of Maidens - Duel Six- Duel Voting deadline is 10pm EST on Monday

Dome

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I'd imagine that mwil was alone and had invests to find those that said their drink choice was water and then he could infect them.  

What?  It was announced what their drink choices were.... 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Rack, why nacho 

50 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Gotsta say, I don't like how we could've had a nice clean tie and double lynch with an almost certain other and likely scum and people jumped onto the other at the last minute.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:46 AM, rackcs said:

Truth be told we probably shouldn't be putting up our good players here. This is our first day lynch essentially and so we should treat it as such.

On 6/8/2019 at 10:22 AM, squire12 said:

Did I say that duel needed to be day 1?

Now which player are you trying to protect....

On 6/8/2019 at 1:17 PM, squire12 said:

@Forge. How you feeling about a day 1 duel?

Might get you that elusive day 1 lynch you been seeking.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, squire12 said:

I have no doubt you would have some fun on your way out the door.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:39 PM, bcb1213 said:

I don't disagree on his stats tbh 

On 6/9/2019 at 10:32 PM, squire12 said:

I dont think Hockey or Woz have posted much since the beginning.  Touch and Kotn posted some during the day yesterday.  Not sure what to make of the missing player nominations

On 6/9/2019 at 10:40 PM, The Orca said:

tenor.gif

Racks blowing smoke early 

On 6/9/2019 at 10:50 PM, squire12 said:

For those voting Matts, are you not buying his vig claim?

On 6/9/2019 at 10:54 PM, squire12 said:

Something about these posts is not sitting well with me.  Not submitting nominations is also odd

On 6/9/2019 at 10:55 PM, The Orca said:

I couldn't find the one I wanted so I went with that one lol

On 6/9/2019 at 11:00 PM, Pickle Rick said:

I don't know how many times I can explain this. I don't believe anyone's claims unless they give me reason to. 

Claiming the second he was nominated is pure stupidity when there are 7 people that can be voted for.  Only mafia would make a play like that.  If you are town and really the town vig you just became a dead man or vanilla 90% of games. 

On 6/9/2019 at 11:00 PM, The Orca said:

Your first shot was more like this

tenor.gif

On 6/9/2019 at 11:03 PM, squire12 said:

Were you on the end of that action.....

thought so.  

On 6/9/2019 at 11:05 PM, The Orca said:

On 6/9/2019 at 11:06 PM, The Orca said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9195401

On 6/9/2019 at 11:12 PM, squire12 said:

I put up Touch and Nacho.  

1.  thought it would be an even duel of capable players.  would rather see a fair fight vs a walkover

2.  Touch made some posts that were talking big about wanting to fight Malf.  Nacho made a post about why people would need to fight.  Seemed like he was wanting nothing to do with a duel.

On 6/9/2019 at 11:18 PM, The Orca said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4664129

On 6/9/2019 at 11:33 PM, squire12 said:

Touch

On 6/9/2019 at 11:36 PM, The Orca said:

The JVP vs a guy who hasnt been pounding the green grass like he usually does

On 6/9/2019 at 11:45 PM, squire12 said:

@MWil23  Do you know how you got into the duel?   Did you get a PM from Dome on anything?

On 6/10/2019 at 7:41 AM, squire12 said:

Then why do you keep replying if no one cares?

On 6/10/2019 at 10:19 AM, rackcs said:

It's certainly a possibility. It could be that they figured nobody would go for him and wanted to use this as a way to semi-clear him. In Marvel, scum spent a ton of time on day 1 talking about how they could use certain abilities certain ways in attempts to clear each other. This was particularly Orca, TKN, and Mwil. Dome talked them down and told them not to get too fancy with it. Without him there they could have let their imagination run wild.

It could also be a town ability. We really don't know. It makes no sense to clear him at this point even if you don't think he's a bandit.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:21 AM, The Orca said:

It feels like Racks did it and is trying to garner a feel for whether he can claim it in the future and everyone think he is town

On 6/10/2019 at 11:24 AM, rackcs said:

That's pretty dumb. If I had done it I would probably be hinting that the ability was town, not making everyone question the alignment altogether.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:27 AM, Pickle Rick said:

That was my initial thought.  Either that or he is mafia and wants to focus on that mechanic so he doesnt have to give his thoughts on who to lynch

On 6/10/2019 at 11:32 AM, The Orca said:

This post to me came off as not wanting to take a stance until others chimed in. Like you had done it, but not sure if it will be perceived as good or bad

On 6/10/2019 at 11:36 AM, rackcs said:

That's a fair point. I didn't really have a stance. I could see it being either way but wanted some other thoughts as I wasn't really confident to say. I can tell you that for sure I do not do it. I have made it very clear that my curiosity about this ability is based solely on the fact that it was used on mwil. I'm not sure how you think this discussion is solely about the ability itself and not about it's relation to it being used on mwil. I wasn't even trying to make a whole thing out of it, I just wanted a couple of people to share their thoughts. I think you wonder twins have way overhyped what I was doing.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, squire12 said:

Some were saying that Matts wanted to rely on night moves to win the Marvel Game vs use the thread play.  I was also in the camp of using the night moves to gain more information on the players that were remaining.  

It gets back to the debate whether it is pro-town or pro mafia to cancel night.  Town gains knowledge via their night moves.  Mafia often does not need additional information (besides power roles), but certainly wants to use their hits each night.  

On 6/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, The Orca said:

Anybody else see something wrong with these posts?

On 6/10/2019 at 12:12 PM, rackcs said:

The one point you made is fair, the rest I said very clearly were nonsense. We're just ignoring all of the other posts you and pickle had that I said were stupid? I don't care to argue this any further though when you clearly made up your mind and any response I gave was just going to further fuel the fire in your mind.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:19 PM, theuntouchable said:

What’s wrong with it? 

On 6/10/2019 at 12:21 PM, The Orca said:

Show me which posts of mine you said were stupid?

On 6/10/2019 at 12:39 PM, The Orca said:

Yep 1 post you said was dumb

Yet you implied there was all of the other posts you said were stupid

It took a few seconds...but you missed the point clearly 

On 6/10/2019 at 12:42 PM, rackcs said:

I was talking about you and Pickle as a collective had posts that I called stupid. I'm honestly not going to do the work there, it's not that hard to go back and find it. Just click on my name and you'll see. 

On 6/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, The Orca said:

I state my stance

You call it dumb

I post including the quote showing my thought process

You call it a fair point changing stances as it being dumb

You then lump me in with Pickle implying I had multiple posts that you said were dumb, yet the 1 post you changed stances on and said it was fair

Its 1 post that you have now jumped back and forth...could you clarify for me if my post was dumb or a fair point?

On 6/10/2019 at 12:59 PM, rackcs said:

This is going to be my last post on this matter because you're so wildly misinterpreting my comments, intentionally or not. I said your point about me being responsible for the ability and trying to get feelers out about it was stupid. Then you said that it seemed like I was not taking a stance until others chimed in and I could understand that interpretation and even said it was somewhat accurate because I wasn't sure what I thought at the time.

To make things clear. Your assertion that I was the one who used the ability was dumb. Your thought that I was being non-committal was not dumb. I made it clear why I was asking questions about this ability from the start (my opinion on mwil being a bandit) and the fact that you and pickle both ignored that was also dumb. 

On 6/10/2019 at 8:00 PM, rackcs said:

Does it seem interesting? Because it just sounds like Counselor.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:01 PM, The Orca said:

Usually he is read up on posts and highly active. Not so far this game imo

On 6/10/2019 at 8:39 PM, squire12 said:

didn't say anything was wrong, just not sitting well with me

On 6/10/2019 at 8:44 PM, squire12 said:

guess i am like 8 hours behind here

On 6/10/2019 at 8:47 PM, squire12 said:

Thinking of them as a collective for D1 is valid.  after that, they often do diverge into differing depths of unknown theories and nonsense. 

On 6/10/2019 at 8:50 PM, Pickle Rick said:

tenor.gif

On 6/10/2019 at 8:58 PM, squire12 said:

Looks to me like there were a few players straggling  around after the deadline to see what would happen with the hat votes.  

On 6/10/2019 at 9:01 PM, Pickle Rick said:

Has James posted since that quick vote of me 🤔🤔

On 6/10/2019 at 9:04 PM, Pickle Rick said:

tenor.gif

On 6/10/2019 at 9:07 PM, The Orca said:

Right now I see a few possibilities for this lynch

Matts- quick claims Vig, says he wanted to get killed this game but back tracks with certain posts

Hockey- seemed focused on early votes changing to him more so than anyone else imo 

Kotn- only person up who hasnt posted today right?

Woz- seemed to be drunk posting for him lol

Touch- I'm reading civ early but not enough to go on

Pickle and Mwil I'm reading civ

On 6/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, squire12 said:

@Forge I am not sure the ladies like you calling your shot like that;)

On 6/10/2019 at 9:19 PM, squire12 said:

You rather he get out his thesaurus and use the big words?  Exculpatory, conclusivetory, 

On 6/10/2019 at 9:54 PM, squire12 said:

Pickle Rick:  the point that @Hockey5djh brought up about the early votes being off pickle when he was nominated by 5 players.   Some of the interactions/post exchanges with rackcs and counselor have be uneasy

Matts:  don't love the claim early, but I feel it would be reckless to lynch him because of that.  Feel like a good amount of the animosity toward matts is based on last game as much as this one.  Currently, I am more willing to let Matts play out and see what D2 brings on that front

Hockey:  He said he was hoping this would not start until Monday, so his early lack of activity does not really factor into things much for me.  He has brought up some good points on things (see the Pickle early votes above).  Now, was that out of self preservation or genuine scum hunting I am not sure on.  I dont recall playing a game with Hockey, so I really have no feel for his playstyle.

Untouch:  Had some posts during the drinking phase that didn't sit well with me.  I nominated Nacho along with him as I thought it would be a good match of skills to go with someone I had suspicion on.  since we got a 7 have party here, not much attention has been given to touch and he has floated by with little attention.  

KOTN:  really inactive and not much here to go on .  

Woz:  Not sure the discussion he and Mwil were having on the post timing of the duel candidate reveal and the addition of Mwil into the duel itself.  Hard to make out what woz was trying to say with his verbiage in the character role play. 

MWil:  Swag seems to be pushing at him pretty hard.  I would agree that there have been a good number of things that stand out at Mwil being non-town.  I am not sure on how to view the placement of him into the duel.  My initial thought was that it would be an interesting scum play to put 1 of their own into the mix to get a possible lolclear view on someone.  A lot of that probably depends on the timing of when the move is made....which is something we do not know.  

Counselor seems to be consistently (self) pushing his town game as being obvious.  I think he is buttering up to you in some manner with the complimentary phase of trusting your scum hunting. 

Malf and swag have the usual banter that goes on each game.  Both posturing to get into a duel at some point.   I can't help but feel that if/when you 2 are scum together, you 2 will have a ton fun with it.....so that is something that will be sticking with my line of thinking until I see it in a game and get to realize how it plays out. 

On 6/10/2019 at 10:05 PM, squire12 said:

@Dome  What is the process if we have a tie in votes?  Is there OT, if so how long?

Page 63 will finish later 

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

@rackcs why are you so certain that nacho is scum since you havent answered bcb yet? 

Missed that, I'll answer for bcb. He just seems to be playing a lot like last game. Out of the people who remain he seems like the most likely to be scum imo. There is one other who seems somewhat close to me but nacho is number one for me right now.