Chris Blew It, Elliott Blew It, and Eddie Blew It, Jeezus

soulman

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think Pinierio gets it. He was a top soccer player and a great athlete.  

He has greatest potential and super high ceiling. 

He just has to overcome the circus that is happening right now.  

I didn't actually read any of the full length stories soulman posted because i've already read 1-2 plus all the beat writers tweets, so if i'm just repeating things, oh well. 

that being said, Pineiro was the one of the three that hit the uprights, so he was technically the closest

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I didn't actually read any of the full length stories soulman posted because i've already read 1-2 plus all the beat writers tweets, so if i'm just repeating things, oh well. 

that being said, Pineiro was the one of the three that hit the uprights, so he was technically the closest

Just what we need, another guy to hit the uprights 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am not at the break glass in case of emergency and sign Matt Bryant level yet, but my hand is hovering over it.

At some point this "competition" needs to end and the Bears need to bring in a competent kicker.

Look at his numbers outdoors... that plus his age = hard pass.

Edited by G08

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Chris-Blewitt-release-Matt-Nagy-response-132812615/?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=190612_163412_Chicago Bears&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=C3-52-7D-DF-F0-AF-8E-1A-53-7F-74-41-9D-F1-31-5F190612_163412ChicagoBears

Matt Nagy responds to Chicago Bears releasing Chris Blewitt

Head coach Matt Nagy voiced his displeasure with the kicking competition after practice concluded on June 11 and was asked about Blewitt's release following minicamp practice on Wednesday. He noted it was more than just what happened at practice on June 11. 

"For us, we don't have any set days where we say, 'Hey, we're going to cut somebody here, have this number of kickers here or there,'' Nagy said. "We had enough after yesterday up until that time on all the guys. We collaborate, we talk about it. We know more than what just everybody sees publicly. There are other kicks that go on. That's just the direction we decided to go. We wish him nothing but the best. Now, here we are with these two guys."

So again I would reinforce that it isn't only those 3 missed 42 yard kicks that have Nagy upset. He makes it clear that overall none of these guys is getting the job done and emerging as the top prospect and that he's unhappy with that.  So far there is no clear winner only a clear loser and that was Blewitt.

Edited by soulman