Doctor Sleep (The Shining Sequel)

MKnight82

• 4 months later...

Depends on the trailer you watch, some of the super short ones on TV make the film look pretty bad.  This trailer shows more and to me the film looks pretty interesting.

Annoyed by the Ewan McGregor casting a little honestly but oh well, clearly looks nothing like "Danny" from the original one.  Stephen King is an awesome writer and creates awesome villains and this movie has that in it and continues a pretty sweet story of course.  Looks well worth watching.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, thebestever6 said:

Let me know how it is

So I saw it.

Couple changes from the book, main one being the ending - which kinda kept me from really enjoying the entire movie as I had up to that point. 

Still, worth a watch.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 10:48 PM, D82 said:

So I saw it.

Couple changes from the book, main one being the ending - which kinda kept me from really enjoying the entire movie as I had up to that point. 

Still, worth a watch.

Best horror movie imo since get out. Loved it.

Only qualm was Billy thought they could of incorporated the death flies in that scene to add to the part of the movie. The ending was great I thought.

Edited by thebestever6

23 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Best horror movie imo since get out. Loved it.

Only qualm was Billy thought they could of incorporated the death flies in that scene to add to the part of the movie. The ending was great I thought.

It was pretty sweet, I was never super scared during it but the story is awesome and super creative.

Rebecca Ferguson as Rose the Hat is pretty freaking sweet as a villain.  Wonderfully creative movie but no surprise, was only made off a book by basically the best writer alive to date Stephen King.  

rebecca-ferguson-doctor-sleep-interview.

It is not he Shinning and never will be visually.  This was made by a director who wrote the screen play also, that is a nobody,.  He has not done anything of note before, Mike Flanagan.  So visually there is a lot it did not do that Kubrik did with the Shinning.  But it ties the past movie to this one and it is an wildly interesting story because against Stephen King created it!  Very interesting throughout.  Wonderfully unique and is better than people think.  Was not super scary but was very interesting, did make some errors in the end I would not have done, brought up past ghosts a little too often, but a good and a solid sequel overall.  If you like movies with a real villain and a real plot and a real story it is well worth seeing.  If Jack Nicholson was in it that alone people would have created more buzz but not sure it would have been worth paying him millions of dollars for a 3-4 minute scene.  

Pet Sematary the remake recently was awful, same with the remake of Carrie, Doctor Sleep is not that at all.  Same honestly  with 'It' arguably, the remake, I would say this as a movie is more interesting and has a better story and remains solid than that remade 'It' film no question.  Is also better than The Dark Tower which I liked as well but Doctor Sleep is better than that in terms of depth of story line.    

• Like 1