Doctor Sleep (The Shining Sequel)

MKnight82

21 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I had no idea what this movie was. My girlfriend wanted to see it, I've never seen The Shining. I absolutely loved it. Going to watch the Shining soon now 

Never seen The Shining?  Wow, well if you liked this movie you will love The Shining but it is kind of ruined in a way if you watched this one first.  But visually The Shining is one of the best films ever made.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Never seen The Shining?  Wow, well if you liked this movie you will love The Shining but it is kind of ruined in a way if you watched this one first.  But visually The Shining is one of the best films ever made. 

Yeah I had no idea it was a sequel until I was at the movies. I knew of the big parts of the shining (red rum, Jack Nicholson going crazy, some kid on a big wheel, creepy twins). So not to much was ruined I guess. Actually got around to watching it this morning and enjoyed it as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I saw this last night.  I liked the movie but its definitely a slow burn.  I think they could have cut out the whole first hour of the movie and it would have been better for it.

Yeah it was odd but kind of needed to connect characters that looked similar to each other.  Like a kid that looked like Ewan McGregor etc.  It is odd because yeah right a Stephen King book did not have enough story to have all those parts cut out and still make a movie.  Apparently the entire ending of the movie was not in the book and honestly the ending might have been the worst part because it goes away from the original story line a little too much and tried too hard to bring back characters that did not need to be brought back.

If one wants to be straight up scared, this movie will not do that it is more a suspense psychological scare not a terror instant fear type of scare.  

On 11/21/2019 at 12:36 PM, MKnight82 said:

I saw this last night.  I liked the movie but its definitely a slow burn.  I think they could have cut out the whole first hour of the movie and it would have been better for it.

This isn’t a horror movie, not in the traditional sense, it’s a horror storyand context is important.

This hit so much harder than the book. Rose the Hat was incredible. She was so cool but they made me loathe her. That’s an achievement. I’m rereading this as soon as I get home. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

lol I'm super late, but I worked on set of this movie. Not in a big role, but it was a great experience. I've worked with Mike on The Haunting Of Hill House and this. There were times he would describe a scene before shooting it and I would get chills. 

That's awesome! It was really such an enjoyable movie.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/9/2019 at 5:39 PM, thebestever6 said:

Best horror movie imo since get out. Loved it.

Only qualm was Billy thought they could of incorporated the death flies in that scene to add to the part of the movie. The ending was great I thought.

The death flies were an afterthought in the movie lol. I don’t think they mentioned it til the end. Might as well have cut it out

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 1:06 PM, DaveDX said:

This isn’t a horror movie, not in the traditional sense, it’s a horror storyand context is important.

This hit so much harder than the book. Rose the Hat was incredible. She was so cool but they made me loathe her. That’s an achievement. I’m rereading this as soon as I get home. 

This movie definitely hit better than the book. Which is the opposite of what I said about the shining. The book had so much flavor and the movie was devoid of emotion or reason 

• Like 2