Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Check the edits clown.

First off, you can get your point across without turning to personal attacks.  If you can't keep it civil, you need to take a break from posting.

Secondly, there's no way for me to know what you edited BEFORE I submit my post from the OP you made.  Third, you say that Paul George had a one-way ticket to Los Angeles, yet Oklahoma City convinced him otherwise.  Do you have that little faith that Kyrie Irving and Boston couldn't convince him to stay?  I get it.  You want this layup of an offer.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

But dumping IT happened before all of that and could of led to why neither was pushing Boston as a preferred destination.  

That was Rich Paul's doing.  Rich Paul (with Anthony Davis' blessing) was pushing a trade to the Lakers.  Who was the biggest threat to stealing Anthony Davis for the Lakers?  Boston.  That's why Rich Paul came out there and was a complete wet blanket.

And you’d be the first one to call him stupid if Paul George had left after a year. 

Cya boss.

And that's a risk worth it.  Because what does Boston have to show for it now?  A couple of good young players (Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum), a couple of overpaid vets (Al Horford and Gordon Hayward), and a valuable draft pick (MEM FRP).  Doesn't scream title contender.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

First off, you can get your point across without turning to personal attacks.  If you can't keep it civil, you need to take a break from posting.

Secondly, there's no way for me to know what you edited BEFORE I submit my post from the OP you made.  Third, you say that Paul George had a one-way ticket to Los Angeles, yet Oklahoma City convinced him otherwise.  Do you have that little faith that Kyrie Irving and Boston couldn't convince him to stay?  I get it.  You want this layup of an offer.

OKC didn’t have to give up the assets Boston would’ve. I’m sure he would’ve handed Marcus Smart over in a second for Paul George. It wasnt worth the risk.

Im done here

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

And that's a risk worth it.  Because what does Boston have to show for it now?  A couple of good young players (Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum), a couple of overpaid vets (Al Horford and Gordon Hayward), and a valuable draft pick (MEM FRP).  Doesn't scream title contender.

I’m perfectly fine with where we’re at. We’re going to build around Tatum. Kyrie walking is what’s killing us, not the non-trades of Paul freaking George.

OKC didn’t have to give up the assets Boston would’ve. I’m sure he would’ve handed Marcus Smart over in a second for Paul George. It wasnt worth the risk.

Im done here

So you're now saying Boston wouldn't have lost much to beat Oklahoma City's offer for Paul George?  Then why the hell did Ainge not do that?  Marcus Smart isn't that valuable.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That was Rich Paul's doing.  Rich Paul (with Anthony Davis' blessing) was pushing a trade to the Lakers.  Who was the biggest threat to stealing Anthony Davis for the Lakers?  Boston.  That's why Rich Paul came out there and was a complete wet blanket.

That hasn’t explained why none of the big stars have pushed for Boston as their preferred destination.  Boston has just as much history as LA, a better HC, several young players to fill out the rest of the roster.  Yet none of the stars ask to be traded there.  Why?

I’m perfectly fine with where we’re at. We’re going to build around Tatum. Kyrie walking is what’s killing us, not the non-trades of Paul freaking George.

I guess getting passed by the Nets (whom the C's fleeced) is what you're looking to see happen.  Good for you I guess.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

So you're now saying Boston wouldn't have lost much to beat Oklahoma City's offer for Paul George?  Then why the hell did Ainge not do that?  Marcus Smart isn't that valuable.

I’m saying he would’ve. OKC got him for a lowly valued Oladipo, I don’t think we would’ve gotten him for Smart.

Im done. You’re using hindsight bias to the max, I’m all set going in circles with you.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That hasn’t explained why none of the big stars have pushed for Boston as their preferred destination.  Boston has just as much history as LA, a better HC, several young players to fill out the rest of the roster.  Yet none of the stars ask to be traded there.  Why?

LA swung and missed for years too. It happens. Boston isn’t the destination that LA is. It has nothing to do with IT, LA basically destroyed Dwight’s career and people still want to go there.

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Every FA since the beginning of time has used the Lakers as a leverage tool.  Every single one.  But historically speaking, Ainge has been pretty stingy with his assets.  The Lakers have usually been more wiling to deal in their purse to give up the assets to do so.  Paul George was from Los Angeles, and wanted out.  Who was the biggest team to leverage the Pacers into moving him?  It sure as hell isn't the Clippers.  Kawhi Leonard is from southern California, and when he wanted out who did he use to create leverage?  Again, it wasn't the Clippers.  IF the Lakers didn't have the ability to sign a max contract, the Lakers aren't really creating that leverage.  When was the last time we saw a star ask for a trade that wasn't from California or had strong ties to California?  Maybe Kyrie Irving.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

LA swung and missed for years too. It happens. Boston isn’t the destination that LA is. It has nothing to do with IT, LA basically destroyed Dwight’s career and people still want to go there.

People still want to go there? Before LeBron (who signed there for off-court reasons) their last big FA signing was who? Shaq in the mid 90s? 

I’m saying he would’ve. OKC got him for a lowly valued Oladipo, I don’t think we would’ve gotten him for Smart.

Im done. You’re using hindsight bias to the max, I’m all set going in circles with you.

Why do you think Boston would have had to overpay for Paul George?