Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pssh, wait until the Warriors re-sign Boogie and Klay returns in March just before the playoff push. See ya'll in the Western Conference Finals!!!

Thats cool. The LAL getting back into the playoffs would work for me at this juncture. There's move to be made that will determine 2019 potentials. Nothing set in stone except for a big first step (if you want to discount getting LB last year...for that worthless FO.....)

The media (again) is playing up the extreme fantasies (again) by declaring "ADs nothing but a scape goat for LB" - Listening to them is whats worthless.

Edited by Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Thats cool. The LAL getting back into the playoffs would work for me at this juncture. There's move to be made that will determine 2019 potentials. Nothing set in stone except for a big first step (if you want to discount getting LB last year...for that worthless FO.....)

The media (again) is playing up the extreme fantasies (again) by declaring "ADs nothing but a scape goat for LB" - Listening to them is whats worthless.

You know... both are possible.

The Lakers can be a horribly run franchise (They are) and they can still attract Lebron (They did).

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

You know... both are possible.

The Lakers can be a horribly run franchise (They are) and they can still attract Lebron (They did).

The Mookie fantasy machine is fully fueled up. 
They've had their share of f'ups. Like a lot of FOs.
Last year's roster held promise IMO - it didnt jell due to injury and underperformance (again IMO) - and they're taking another tact. Not a problem I can see.

All they need to do now is round out the roster. Lets see how they do it.
Personally - I'd rather they spread their cash around (as opposed to going for / pushing for) a MAX 3rd guy. We'll see how they play it.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Mookie fantasy machine is fully fueled up. 
They've had their share of f'ups. Like a lot of FOs.
Last year's roster held promise IMO - it didnt jell due to injury and underperformance (again IMO) - and they're taking another tact. Not a problem I can see.

All they need to do now is round out the roster. Lets see how they do it.
Personally - I'd rather they spread their cash around (as opposed to going for / pushing for) a MAX 3rd guy. We'll see how they play it.

The Lakers are an absolute crap show dude. Have you not been around this offseason? Signing Lebron and giving up every asset you have doesn’t mean the Lakers aren’t a horribly run franchise. 

If this team was located in Charlotte or Milwaukee they’d be the laughing stock of all pro sports. 

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Lakers are an absolute crap show dude.

Well there ya go.....then you seem to show a whole lot of interest and spend a whole lot of time posting about an absolute crap show. You've determined the worst - but cant stop yapping about it for some reason. An odd personality quirk I guess - or maybe its just because you're a Celtics fan and the hate runs deep. We'll see how it plays out. Have a nice day.

Edited by Leader

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nah, it's championship or bust time for the Lakers. LeBron isn't going into year 17 just wanting to make the playoffs. It's go time for him. As a fan? I'm guessing you won't just be satisfied with making the playoffs once the season rolls on.

Media could say what they want. Pelinka will have to prove he is good at his job with how he is able to surround LeBron/Davis. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well there ya go.....then you seem to show a whole lot of interest and spend a whole lot of time posting about an absolute crap show. You've determined the worst - but cant stop yapping about it for some reason. An odd personality quirk I guess - or maybe its just because you're a Celtics fan and the hate runs deep. We'll see how it plays out. Have a nice day.

About 8 other members have pointed out how badly the Lakers organization is being run, but yeah it’s just because I’m a Celtics fan.

You hate to see it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im very confused about how you guys think youre dunking on the Lakers because they are trying to move off of Mo Wagner and Issac Bonga?

That and trying to purchase 2nd rounders are exactly the steps the should have taken after the AD trade. Especially if they already know Vet Min guys ready to sign with them

Because it's reactive. These are things they have to do because they had no foresight or understanding.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

LeBran stans never disappoint.

Free agency hasn’t even started yet, AD hasn’t proven anything in the postseason, LeBran is not who he once was, Jason Kidd is part of the coaching staff and he is a proven snake, we don’t know if LeBran will sabotage or buy into Vogel (history says sabotage), and we don’t know what the rest of LA’s roster even looks like yet. Slow your roll.

Can’t wait to see him activate vengeance mode like he did playoff mode 🤣🤣🤣🤣

In 9 playoff games in 2017, he averaged 30ppg, 13rpg, 2bpg. He swept the Trailblazers in round 1 and then ran into the Warrios in the Semis losing 4-1. No reason to believe hes not a good post season player based on past performance.

The myth that Lebron is "not who he once was" has just gotten out of hand. It's embarassing how someone can say this after he averaged 28-7-7, but since he had his first major injury and missed the playoffs with a bunch of young guys who had their feelings hurt, he's no longer the player he was? The belief he is no longer the best player in the game is just not based in reality and shows how short peoples attention spans are. 

It's fun watching the LeBron hate as he's favorite to win the title again. Vegas is thee most objective source of odds you will find. There is a reason they are favorite to win. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, it's championship or bust time for the Lakers. LeBron isn't going into year 17 just wanting to make the playoffs. It's go time for him. As a fan? I'm guessing you won't just be satisfied with making the playoffs once the season rolls on.

I've never bought in to the "ring or failure" concept. ADs 26. He's the foundation of the team now IMO - meaning - the building block for the future because he'll outlast LB.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pelinka will have to prove he is good at his job with how he is able to surround LeBron/Davis. 

Agree. I'm not sold on him just because he's in the LAL front office. We'll see how it goes. Again - I'd rather they fill out the roster with talent as opposed to a 3rd MAX guy and the janitorial staff for depth.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Because it's reactive. These are things they have to do because they had no foresight or understanding.

One issue is if the Pelicans want to move the pick, the team trading for the player will not have them for entire summer league. That could be the biggest problem pushing it to July 30. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I've never bought in to the "ring or failure" concept. ADs 26. He's the foundation of the team now IMO - meaning - the building block for the future because he'll outlast LB.

Agree. I'm not sold on him just because he's in the LAL front office. We'll see how it goes. Again - I'd rather they fill out the roster with talent as opposed to a 3rd MAX guy and the janitorial staff for depth.

Sure, but no guarantee AD has a better chance getting a ring than he does the next few years with LeBron. You have to go for it NOW. 

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well there ya go.....then you seem to show a whole lot of interest and spend a whole lot of time posting about an absolute crap show. You've determined the worst - but cant stop yapping about it for some reason.

Um, why would this be a reason to NOT talk about something. When everything is going well, its boring to talk about it. When things are going bananas, thats when its fun. This is legitimately the opposite of reality lol

• Like 1