Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

On 6/16/2019 at 8:13 PM, Malfatron said:

Players:

1. @Forge

2. bcb123 - Kiyomi Takada - town - roleblocking ability

3. @DingoLadd

4. @MWil23

5. squire - town - weak death note cop

6. TheKillerNacho - town - Aiber - 1 shot redirector

7. et80 - touta matsuda-  town - odd night death cop 

8. touch - Anthony Rester - Even Night Death Note Cop

9. @Dome

10. rack - Steve Mason - town - 1 shot Gladiator

11. swag - misa - Mafia - Shinigami Eyes - Day invests 

12. Ragnarok - Secondary Mafia - 3rd Kira, Original Death Note Holder, Rolecop

13. Pickle Rick - L - town - Jack of all trades

14. @Nazgul

15. Ted - Mello - Serial Killer

16. Orca - Raye Penber - town

17. @James

18. @Counselor

19. Utley - Teru Mikimi - Mafia - FBI Agent

20. woz - town - DeathNote Proof/Bulletproof/ Misa Amane Personal Bodyguard 

21. Glen - Wedy - Town - 1 shot watcher

22. @mission27

23. pwny - Hitoshi Demegawa-  town broadcaster

This is what I'm currently thinking about for each player.

Forge - Closest thing I have to a clear based on his ability to provide a mask that assists me in avoiding death notes. 

DingoLadd - Pushed the sensor with rags, the flipped on rags shortly after saying he was likely scum. This is after I shut both of them down on their push. Rags came back and fought it later, but I think dingo totally left it alone. Possible connection to Rags. 

MWil - Cleared via my results. Has had some very scummy moments. Forge and I both thought that if the Godfather was on my sensor it would be MWil and he's the only one still alive. I go back and fourth between sticking with my gut from N2 (Mafia stayed away from Gmen cause it was too easy and they didn't need to) and thinking that MWil was the one mafia that jumped on... which fits his playstyle I think. Possible connection to SwAg. 

Naz - Tough read. Seems uncooperative but polite, which worries me. Possible connection to (SwAg or Rags, need to read back).

James - I think he's a terrible townie. I'm starting to think we should lynch him to avoid risking losing two civs to a lynch (essentially). No idea why you would just give up. Very frustrating for those of us that are trying. Possible connection to Utley.

Counselor - Civ vibes. A little to worried about making sure he does what everyone wants. He's asked important questions and had good thoughts of his own. The push I've seen that says  he hasn't been helpful isn't well founded IMO. Not sure what ability(s) he might have. Possible connection to SwAg. 

Mission - Voting for the sensor that just apparently cleared 4-5 players with a triple vote is totally a scum mission move. Blowing that move early could've been a mission move or a plan to get him lol cleared since I'd already said I thought matts was a civ when he quit. Won't be helpful. Possible connection to Dingo, Rags or SwAg. (Anyone who would be giving info in chatty about what happened)

@Dome I disagree on going James, because if he's town, that also forces another day/night for scum to pick off another 1-2 people. We lose town either way, but this way, we can at least focus our attention elsewhere and play the probability.

JMHO

Just now, MWil23 said:

@Dome I disagree on going James, because if he's town, that also forces another day/night for scum to pick off another 1-2 people. We lose town either way, but this way, we can at least focus our attention elsewhere and play the probability.

JMHO

Wow lol same time and completely different thought.

To be open; I have a softball game tonight at 9pm est. 
By the time that is done / I am back - night will have come and past. 
I just want the record to show I am not afk for that.
I will try and be as active as I can between now and when I leave for my game though.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

@Dome Giver I like the idea of voting James out to not lose two town. If he flips scum what a move if he doesn’t we at least don’t lose two town. I think it’s a win/win. 

I think right now MOST of us seem to think Dingo is scum, it's just the other 1-2 that are up in the air. If we can get DINGO gone, then my move tonight has a good chance of helping Town. If we go James, I have to take a guess between 2-3 people remaining.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think right now MOST of us seem to think Dingo is scum, it's just the other 1-2 that are up in the air. If we can get DINGO gone, then my move tonight has a good chance of helping Town. If we go James, I have to take a guess between 2-3 people remaining.

That’s if we can get the majority on Dingo

First off, I know... I know.

I've done this before and taken the heat for it then. But I was right, so hear me out. 

If I'm totally off on this, I apologize. I think SwAg will understand why it has to be questioned, if it's true I wish him the best of luck this week.. But it's a game where we all lie to each other I can't just take it at face value when he flipped scum later.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:56 AM, MWil23 said:

I literally don't know you personally and would never use that in a game. That's pretty personal. I surely wouldn't use it myself.

That said, people have used car accidents and their own mothers having CANCER as a means of "scum lying", so I'm not putting anything past anyone.

On 6/22/2019 at 4:33 AM, SwAg said:

Also, I was absent because Infound out I have a mass that may be cancerous that is being surgically removed next week, and I have given Malfatron permission to replace me

So, I was a little preoccupied with trying to schedule everything after hours, hope you all feel like dicks for demanding my presence at all hours.

On 6/22/2019 at 5:40 AM, MWil23 said:

PS and most importantly, @SwAg I hope you’re cleared next week and that mass is nothing. Please let us know if you’re willing to do so!

On 6/22/2019 at 6:55 AM, Counselor said:

Sorry Swag. I hope your surgery goes well and everything is okay. 

On 6/24/2019 at 4:56 AM, SwAg said:

You guys should go elsewhere and try to find scum.  I’m gone for likely the rest of this anyway because I’m having surgery.  The last day I’m realistically around shouldn’t be squandered on lynching me when I’ll die for not voting anyway.

Edit - Ah the rule is twice in a row, I understand what Dingo meant now.  I thought it was twice at all.  That’s my bad.  Sorry, Dingo.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

I’ll vote, but I’mma be inactive the next three days due to surgery, so I was doing to save a lynch and be modkilled tomorrow.

22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ah, gotcha. In all seriousness, BEST WISHES with the surgery/recovery and I hope that you get some good news later in the week.

First off... I didn't find SwAg mention his upcoming surgery or cancerous mass anywhere else on the forum. Not sure if that means anything.

0) Marvel Mafia I made a point to say that I called out someone for their inactivity for going to a relatives funeral and gopher got by faking a car accident one time. People got mad at me, but I was right. SwAg mentioned in the Criminal Minds mafia that someone had attributed their inactivity to their mother being diagnosed with cancer.

Fast forward to this game. Reference quotes above.

1) MWil points out some outstanding claims people have made to explain inactivity such as their mother having cancer or a bad car accident.

2) The next morning SwAg explains he won't be around due to having a cancerous mass removed and gives us what feels like a tongue in cheek guilt trip about questioning his inactivity.

3) MWil who pointed out some wild claims people have made to explain inactivity takes SwAg at face value.

4) SwAg tells us not to lynch him and let him mod die.

5) Swag turns up scum.

Again. I know I know. If I'm wrong I look like a big jackass, that's why mafia would pull this move. It's tough to attack. That's OK. 

Soooo...

1) SwAg likely remembers me saying I called someone out for claiming to attend a funeral to explain inactivity. 

SwAgs personality feels like the type that would feel OK putting something like that out there and not feel bad about it if he was lying. Especially with it fresh in his mind from Criminal Minds and Marvel. He might even have done it just to see if I'd call him on it.

2) MWil's thoughts about people making up claims to explain their inactivity totally vanished when swag said he was having surgery. 

MWil is now doing the woe is me card about being "wrong" on swag for two days.

• Like 1

You're right, you are going to look awful if you lead a lynch on me using that above as rationale. You're spiraling man. I'm telling you, don't go down this road. You can question my thread play, question my backing swag, question whatever you want, but there are two things I've NEVER been in mafia:

1. Inactive

2. Willing to use a personal circumstance to lie. (The Tornado in Marvel DID make me become more aggressive, but I didn't use it as an excuse to be inactive)

If you don't know that by now, then you do what you gotta do. Just know that it'll be your fault when I flip town and you put us a day behind.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Oh yeah and counselor is in there too 

Because I’m being a respectful person and wishing someone the best in a serious issue? I know I’m an *** sometimes on this site for fun but I am a Counselor in real life. I practice empathy on the daily.

• Like 1