Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

18 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Some initial thoughts from episode 1:

There are more than one death note demon (Ryuk the Shinigami) in some other world not heaven or hell.

Light is the main character and to be killed he has to be written in Ryuks personal death book.

The person who has the book can just give it to someone else, but they suffer memory loss (dont know what that means in the context of the game). But part of me thinks there might be a mechanic similar to the Avengers mafia and finding the infinity stones. 

You write a name in the book and they die of a heart attack. Or you can chose to write how you want them to die. I bet Malf is going to be creative by asking whoever uses the death note about cause of death. So start thinking of something funny/hard for him. 

EDIT - Also the subtitles and the English translation say different things. Its kinda weird. 

18 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Episode 2 is basically the write up from Malf. But its worth a watch if youve got 20 minutes and Netflix. 

Light looks to maybe be the godfather. 

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Episode 3:

Death note kills can have a specified time of death. Could be related to day kills.

Ryuk gives Light hints when he is being followed. Could be a game related move.

Ryuk gets extra life when he kills people. (bonus moves?)

Ryuk knows every ones names (investigations?)

Ryuk can make deals (his eyes) for a price. 

Im going to bed now. 

@Woz => This is literally everything I know about the game. Not sure if you read this. But all my wild speculation is based on the above. 

@TheKillerNacho is going to be our authoritative figure. 

Just now, Woz said:

The long and (for Dome) the short of it is: something targeted Dome with some sort of power. It hurt him. Now, it could be something he did to himself, or it could have been done to him by someone else. If the latter case, it conceivably was a day hit that failed for some reason or another. If the former, there has to be some sort of trade off, but it seems a bit (sorry Dome) odd to do it this early in the game.

Kind of leads me to think it is the latter case.

Or, I'm right. He was the target of the Death Note and he's being controlled before death (Basically a conversion mechanic that will kill him later in the game).

Although if I'm right, whoever used it on him would've had to learn Dome's name somehow.

The real question i have though is what this "secret lair" is that the write up mentions. Has this been addressed?

1 minute ago, Woz said:

I suppose a mane's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Still, that seems awfully unbalanced, unless he gets some sort of new "you have to do X by day Y" condition.

The balancing mech is that he is now exposed in thread. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

The real question i have though is what this "secret lair" is that the write up mentions. Has this been addressed?

Not that I recall ...

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I bet Malf is going to be creative by asking whoever uses the death note about cause of death. So start thinking of something funny/hard for him. 

Me last night ^^^^^

Today Jock Itch, balls smashed. 

I might have just created this whole narrative and am now trying to justify it. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

The write up literally mentions Dome having partners. I dont know if this can be ignored

You're right. The question is: are those partners town or not?

1 minute ago, DingoLadd said:

I assume Dome was death noted given the flavor text. 

RIP Dome. 

We should find out for sure soon.

If this is the case, we've uncovered an interesting tidbit of info on the mechanics of the Death Note in this game: It can be used during the day, presumably as soon as the user connects the name with the poster. Question is, can they do it multiple times per day?

I'll be curious to see if the people working with light are town or not. 

For context they're a group of detectives (aka good guys) who work with Light who is the real bad guy. 

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We should find out for sure soon.

If this is the case, we've uncovered an interesting tidbit of info on the mechanics of the Death Note in this game: It can be used during the day, presumably as soon as the user connects the name with the poster. Question is, can they do it multiple times per day?

I would assume there's some kind of limit, probably 1-2 per day like a normal kill. 

14 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

You're right. The question is: are those partners town or not?

L?