Toy Story 4

Manny/Patrick

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You mean a kids movie isnt outpacing Avengers Endgame? hashtagfailure

It has absolutely nothing to do with Avengers, or any other film.

It has to do with expectations, and even the most recent, most mitigated expectations were $140m domestic opening weekend, and it fell decently short. And thats not even comparing it to the $200m number that was thrown out there a few months ago.

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with Avengers, or any other film.

It has to do with expectations, and even the most recent, most mitigated expectations were $140m domestic opening weekend, and it fell decently short. And thats not even comparing it to the $200m number that was thrown out there a few months ago.

Wut

It had the highest domestic opening of all the Toy Story movies by 20 mil. The only two computer animated flix to out earn this movie are Incredibles 2 (185mil) and Findy Dory (135 mil) in opening weekend grabs. It is the best opening weekend of any G rated movie.. ever. 

So again... ahem

OH NOES ITS NOT MAKING AS MUCH AS ENDGAME!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

So again... ahem

OH NOES ITS NOT MAKING AS MUCH AS ENDGAME!

Once again, this has nothing to do with what Im saying, but keep beating that straw man if it makes you happy.

If you cant understand the very simple numbers in my last post, then I cant help you. 

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Once again, this has nothing to do with what Im saying, but keep beating that straw man if it makes you happy.

If you cant understand the very simple numbers in my last post, then I cant help you. 

Its not a strawman, its clearly pointing out that your perception of the numbers is out of context. YOu seemed to have ignored the numbers and context I provided, but sure tell me the same thing lol... so again... HIGHEST GROSSING G RATED MOVIE EVER

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Its not a strawman, its clearly pointing out that your perception of the numbers is out of context. YOu seemed to have ignored the numbers and context I provided, but sure tell me the same thing lol

Yes it is a strawman, because I never once brought up Avengers or any other movie outside of the context how previous films in major franchises influence the number of the next installments opening weekend. So you by introducing Avengers and fan boi mocking it is exactly a straw man.

But I never said it was a failure, I said it came in below the expectations, a fact. Ive actually gone out of my way to say "anything over $100m is nothing to turn your nose up at" and that "no one is abandoning ship" but you like to ignore that too

And if you want to get to a more comparable state, adjusted for inflation, TS4 actually made less than TS3 opening weekend. But Im sure that will be countered by something referencing the original Avengers to Engame in some lame mocking rebuttal

I don't get why some people are so enthusiastic about trying to make it look like Toy Story 4 didn't do so well.  It did well.  It did really well. 

It's like, **** you, Toy Story 4 should not have been made and it was a mistake to make it and I don't care if it made 120 million in its opening weekend. 

All coming from the person who tried desperately to get me to stop talking in the DC threads because I was a hater and haters shouldn't talk about a movie if they hate it. 

I don't get it. The budget on an animated movie is nothing compared to a normal Summer blockbuster, so even if it under performs it's still destined to make a boatload of cash.

I saw it, and it's a good kids movie. The dumbing down of Buzz is probably the worst part of the movie, he's a secondary character and that's frustrating. He also doesn't have a ton of screen time compared to some of the other characters. I also don't think a lot of the older, supporting toys had enough screen time. Not nearly enough slink, Hamm, Rex, etc. Overall, an OK movie, great for kids. Woody solo film will be here by 2022. 

6 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

I don't get it. The budget on an animated movie is nothing compared to a normal Summer blockbuster, so even if it under performs it's still destined to make a boatload of cash.

I saw it, and it's a good kids movie. The dumbing down of Buzz is probably the worst part of the movie, he's a secondary character and that's frustrating. He also doesn't have a ton of screen time compared to some of the other characters. I also don't think a lot of the older, supporting toys had enough screen time. Not nearly enough slink, Hamm, Rex, etc. Overall, an OK movie, great for kids. Woody solo film will be here by 2022. 

Don Rickles died, didn’t hear too much Mr P Head. I wonder how the solo film will play out.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

if i had to rank em.

4 was pretty damn good.  had some very emotional moments. i never liked 3.

Whaaaa? I have never seen anyone put 2 on top, that's...interesting.

For me I'd have to go

This latest one was okay. It was more or less up to snuff with the other films, but it just felt unnecessary, as the third one was such a fitting conclusion. Could have done without it, but it did nothing to tarnish the series, so I have no qualms with this movie.

Unrelated to my overall feelings on the movie, in hindsight it was pretty hilarious that me and my wife were the only ones cracking up in a room full of parents with children at the scenes with Forky repeatedly trying to run to the trash.