2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I can't see both Chicago at #4 and Detroit at #7 passing on him. It'll be interesting to see what the Knicks do if Ball, Hayes, and Haliburton are all off of the board before #8. Which I could realistically see happening with Ball going #3 to the Hornets, Hayes going #4 to Chicago, and Haliburton going #6 to Atlanta. 

They'll probably take Deni (Vassell if Deni is also off the board) and trade for Paul.

14 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

They'll probably take Deni (Vassell if Deni is also off the board) and trade for Paul.

I think Deni is going off the board #2 if the Warriors keep the pick or #5 to Cleveland. Vassell is a safe pick but definitely has limited upside. But you can never have too many guys that can shoot the 3 and defend at a high level. 

NBA comparisons for some of the top prospects in the class. 

1. Oneyka Okongwu - Bam Adebayo 

2. Anthony Edwards - Victor Oladipo 

3. Killian Hayes - D'Angelo Russell 

4. Deni Avdija - Hedo Turkoglu 

5. Aleksej Pokusevski - Toni Kukoc 

6. James Wiseman - Hassan Whiteside 

7. Isaac Okoro - Gerald Wallace 

8. Devin Vassell - Robert Covington 

9. Tyrese Haliburton - Lonzo Ball 

10. Patrick Williams - OG Anunoby 

11. Kira Lewis - Lou Williams

12. Cole Anthony - Patty Mills 

13. Aaron Nesmith - Buddy Hield 

14. Obi Toppin - Michael Beasley 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

NBA comparisons for some of the top prospects in the class. 

1. Oneyka Okongwu - Bam Adebayo 

2. Anthony Edwards - Victor Oladipo 

3. Killian Hayes - D'Angelo Russell 

4. Deni Avdija - Hedo Turkoglu 

5. Aleksej Pokusevski - Toni Kukoc 

6. James Wiseman - Hassan Whiteside 

7. Isaac Okoro - Gerald Wallace 

8. Devin Vassell - Robert Covington 

9. Tyrese Haliburton - Lonzo Ball 

10. Patrick Williams - OG Anunoby 

11. Kira Lewis - Lou Williams

12. Cole Anthony - Patty Mills 

13. Aaron Nesmith - Buddy Hield 

14. Obi Toppin - Michael Beasley 

pretty accurate IMO. except Kira Lewis is a PG first.. and Cole Anthony = Austin Rivers

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol y'all continue to be wrong on Anthony. You all see the best in other prospects and then immediately go for the worst of Cole's. 

I can't speak for other opinions and you may be right about Cole, in fact he may go in any direction good or bad, it's is hard to know with him.. AND you were right last year, I under-rated Herro and you didn't.. and maybe you are right again with Cole.. But as a Boston fan I have grown weary of PGs who don't excel in setting up teammates more and look to score first. See Smart, IT, Kyrie, Rozier and Kemba.. 

So maybe for me Cole is just a bad fit for Boston.. but for other teams his role will be more important..

13 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I can't speak for other opinions and you may be right about Cole, in fact he may go in any direction good or bad, it's is hard to know with him.. AND you were right last year, I under-rated Herro and you didn't.. and maybe you are right again with Cole.. But as a Boston fan I have grown weary of PGs who don't excel in setting up teammates more and look to score first. See Smart, IT, Kyrie, Rozier and Kemba.. 

So maybe for me Cole is just a bad fit for Boston.. but for other teams his role will be more important..

Always gotta look at the whole situation with these prospects. I was as right as anyone has ever been here on Tyler Herro. I got a lot of **** on that and it was more on his defense (which was fair) than anything. I believed in Herro, as much as I hate him as a person (long story, I live in the same city as he did and my cousin went to school with him), but he's a good basketball player.

Anthony, in NBA space, is going to thrive. Roy did him dirty last year. 

EDIT - Cousin, not niece lol.

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

But I would also like to know what you see in Cole that's different than A Rivers??

Well, both were disappointing as collegiate players and both were heralded HS players, so that's similar. As far as how they play, I don't see how they are similar at all. Rivers was a ball dominant 2 guard that couldn't shoot and didn't give a **** about defense. Cole was a primary ballhandler that was asked to create for literally everybody but was hindered by the talent around him. He wasn't great at defense but you saw it when the effort was there. I think, with NBA spacing, Cole will thrive. 

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Would like to add that there is always more depth at good PGs than there are good swing/switchable defenders. so Cole's position value is less for me anyway..

Potentially. I just don't see much from this class, period. That's why I'd gamble on Cole.

52 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol y'all continue to be wrong on Anthony. You all see the best in other prospects and then immediately go for the worst of Cole's. 

I think Cole will be a solid scorer off the bench in the NBA. I don't see him as a high end starting caliber guard though. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think Cole will be a solid scorer off the bench in the NBA. I don't see him as a high end starting caliber guard though. 

Eh, he's a mix somewhere in between for me. If it all clicks, he's Dame. Considering we are projecting players, he's the only one you decided to really **** on in your comparisons except maybe Wiseman.

Patty Mills is a complete and utter joke of a comparison at this point. So far, you've decided to compare him to two players that are 9 PPG types (Mills and Rivers) which is a ******* joke if we're talking plus comparisons. You **** on Anthony but give the best case everywhere else. It's stupid.

BEST CASE is Dame. WORST CASE is Patty or Rivers. Period. Reality, he's somewhere in between.