2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It'd be an interesting pick for sure. He looked really good in recent workout videos shooting/handling the ball. If he reaches his ceiling he's a 7'1" Chris Bosh.

because i don't think he will help them too much his 1st couple years lol

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It'd be an interesting pick for sure. He looked really good in recent workout videos shooting/handling the ball. If he reaches his ceiling he's a 7'1" Chris Bosh.

Basketball gods, as a Knicks fan I don't ask you for much. But please let Wiseman fall into our lap, and send Robinson out to the highest bidder. Amen. 

13 hours ago, malak1 said:

How good will Avdija be on the Bulls tho 😍

Idk. I think his best position will be as a mismatch Point 4, but you guys already have Lauri. He is athletic enough to play the 3, but it would just be a bigger + if he was at the four, allowed to roam on Defense and show off his immense IQ. 

9 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Basketball gods, as a Knicks fan I don't ask you for much. But please let Wiseman fall into our lap, and send Robinson out to the highest bidder. Amen. 

Hayes is a better pick for the Knicks, trust me, he's going to be very good. 

22 hours ago, malak1 said:

How good will Avdija be on the Bulls tho 😍

I think Haliburton or Hayes would be a better pick but Avdija fits as well. He'd bring playmaking, defense, and winning intangliables to your young core. I don't think Otto Porter is in your long term plans and he has an expiring deal. So you guys could theoretically move him as well to a team that's looking to free up cap space for next summer. 

30 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

#KendallMarshallVibes

I don't like that comparison at all, Haliburton reminds me of a better shooting version of Lonzo Ball. 

Marshall was a below average athlete with below average length that couldn't shoot, couldn't finish around the rim, and couldn't play defense. His only real skill or value to a team was that he could pass. 

Haliburton is an average athlete with great size/length for a point guard, has flashed as a shooter, finishes well around the rim, and is an excellent team defender with a chance to become an above average on ball defender in the league as well. 

Marshall was like 6'3" with a 6'3" wingspan while Haliburton is like 6'6" with a 6'11" wingspan. Haliburton's usage more than doubled from 9% to 20% between his freshman and sophomore seasons and he was still one of the most efficient players in the country. I don't love his shooting mechanics and I think it limits his scoring ability off the bounce but he was one of the truly elite players in catch-and-shoot situations last year. 

That's what I think makes Haliburton such an intriguing prospect for teams like Chicago, Atlanta, and Phoenix. He's a guard that can initiate the offense and make plays for others but he can also play alongside another ball dominant guard because he thrives in catch and shoot situations. 

4 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

#KendallMarshallVibes

don't think that is a terrible offensive comparison but KM shot 69% from the ft line both years in college and TH shot 82% this year (prob will be a better 3pt shooter)

but hali's best trait is he is prob the best team defender in the draft (prob after vassell) , something KM was def not lol

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

don't think that is a terrible offensive comparison but KM shot 69% from the ft line both years in college and TH shot 82% this year (prob will be a better 3pt shooter)

Haliburton shot 42% from 3 on almost 6 attempts per game last season while Marshall only hit 48 3's in 73 collegiate games at UNC with a shorter 3-point line. Haliburton actually scored really well this year on good efficiency while Marshall was a non-shooter and non-scorer at UNC. He's also taller, longer, and more athletic than Marshall. And as you said he's an excellent team defender and was top 10 in the country last year at 2.5 spg. 

Haliburton isn't a sexy pick but if his catch-n-shoot efficiency transfers to the league he'll be a good player. He's a good finisher around the rim, good passer/decision maker, rebounds well for a guard, communicates on both ends, excellent shooter in C&S situations, and he's a smart team defender. He's the perfect point guard for a team that has a ball dominant wing because he can be a secondary creator and play off ball. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don't like that comparison at all, Haliburton reminds me of a better shooting version of Lonzo Ball. 

Marshall was a below average athlete with below average length that couldn't shoot, couldn't finish around the rim, and couldn't play defense. His only real skill or value to a team was that he could pass. 

Haliburton is an average athlete with great size/length for a point guard, has flashed as a shooter, finishes well around the rim, and is an excellent team defender with a chance to become an above average on ball defender in the league as well. 

Marshall was like 6'3" with a 6'3" wingspan while Haliburton is like 6'6" with a 6'11" wingspan. Haliburton's usage more than doubled from 9% to 20% between his freshman and sophomore seasons and he was still one of the most efficient players in the country. I don't love his shooting mechanics and I think it limits his scoring ability off the bounce but he was one of the truly elite players in catch-and-shoot situations last year. 

That's what I think makes Haliburton such an intriguing prospect for teams like Chicago, Atlanta, and Phoenix. He's a guard that can initiate the offense and make plays for others but he can also play alongside another ball dominant guard because he thrives in catch and shoot situations. 

Just talking about the vid.  He looks slow and his body looks soft.  

I’d still be thrilled if he drops to #10.

• Like 1