2019 Free Agency predictions

SBLIII

45 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I dont get the Knicks brand thing. They havent been good in quite some time and the only allure is Madison Square Garden. They have an owner who Im sure players around the league dont even care much for so for what ever the brand is that KD is thinking about I sure want to know. At the end of the day Ill keep saying that for KD playing with Kyrie is intriguing but also his long term health as well. The doctor that is treating him is on the Nets medical staff and not the Knicks and one was to think after the situation that played out in GS, how can KD trust any medical staff that he doesnt have any type of relationship with again? Thats one of the reasons why Kawhi started to warm up to the thought of staying in Toronto even before they won the title. He knew and trusted their medical staff to take care of him and because of his bad experience with the Spurs thats one of the main things Kawhi was concerned about. Again Im not saying KD still wont sign with the Knicks, I just think as of now there are more concert factors that are way more important that points to him towards Brooklyn than just the Knicks brand. Those things mainly include the longevity of his health and getting back to the player he was and again that doctor or team of doctors is on the Nets medical staff because you can have that brand of the Knicks but if you are a shell of yourself due to a serious injury then it doesnt mean anything. 

And how long were the Lakers bad for when LeBron made that move? Obviously KD is confident if he goes to the Knicks that they will become title contenders. Nike I'm sure would LOVE for their two biggest stars to dominant both the LA and NY markets. I mean KD can do that with Brooklyn as well, but not to the extent he can do it with the Knicks. 

So yeah, no arguing the Nets are better than the Knicks. But why would one leave to go to the Nets? Like what would be the biggest reason for that move? 

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And how long were the Lakers bad for when LeBron made that move? Obviously KD is confident if he goes to the Knicks that they will become title contenders. Nike I'm sure would LOVE for their two biggest stars to dominant both the LA and NY markets. I mean KD can do that with Brooklyn as well, but not to the extent he can do it with the Knicks. 

So yeah, no arguing the Nets are better than the Knicks. But why would one leave to go to the Nets? Like what would be the biggest reason for that move? 

I see your point and it would be even bigger if the Nets was in New Jersey but Brooklyn does make a difference than really anyone wants to think. We shall see though. 

Russell Phoenix

Horford Dallas

Butler Philadelphia

Harris Dallas 

Durant GSW

Irving Brooklyn 

Walker Boston

Leonard LAC

Brogdon LAL

Thompson GSW

Vucevic Sacramento

Cousins Brooklyn

Gasol Toronto

Valanciunas Memphis

Middleton Milwaukee

Rose Minnesota

Randle New York

Lopez New Orleans

Barnes Indiana

Kawhi Leonard - Clippers

Kemba Walker - Pacers

Kyrie Irving - Nets

Kevin Durant - Nets As a Knicks’ fan I am tired of putting my faith in another superstar coming off an injury  

Klay Thompson - Warriors 

Jimmy Butler - Clippers

DeMarcus Cousins - Hornets

Kristaps Porzingis - Mavericks

D’Angelo Russel - Knicks / I would rather spend money on pieces that fit the timeline 

Al Horford - Pelicans

Tobias Harris - 76ers

Malcolm Brogdon - Bucks

Nikola Vucevic - Celtics

Kris Middleton - Bucks

Ricky Rubio - 76ers

Julius Randle - Knicks

Brook Lopez - Bucks

Marc Gasol - Retire Maybe idk Maybe Raps if Kawhi returns but he should go out on top. He’s one of my all time favorites and I don’t want to watch him turn into anymore of a husk. 

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

They don't have any cap.

He just opted into his player option for 2019-2020.

Thanks for that i don’t know how I forgot the Hornets mess of a cap. And I didn’t see the Marc news. I hope Kawhi resigns though

24 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

???????

It makes basketball sense IMO. Even before Dipo went down this squad needed another perimeter scorer.  Bojan would be better as a third option. Is their cap space bad?

Edited by YogiBiz

5 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

It makes basketball sense IMO. Even before Dipo went down this squad needed another perimeter scorer.  Bojan would be better as a third option. Is their cap space bad?

I haven't seen any link of Kemba to the Pacers. Everything suggests he'll sign with the Celtics, Mavericks, or Lakers.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I haven't seen any link of Kemba to the Pacers. Everything suggests he'll sign with the Celtics, Mavericks, or Lakers.

Oh, I was just throwing in some hot takes. But I def think Russell prefers to stay in New York. Maybe he’d even go across town? Idk I’m just throwing fire hoping it burns.