~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

47 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I don't know that Naka goes over at Summerslam, but my gut says he does and they hot potato the title back to Jinder during the India tour in September.

Put it this way, they're going to get Jinder out of the ME scene before Survivor Series.  They're not going to have him on the Smackdown Team (assuming they do the same tired bit they did last year) and it would look weird to not have a brand's world champion in the match if the other's was.  I don't necessarily think this is how they do it, but I'd have Nakamura carrying the belt into Survivor Series, have Corbin walk out on Team Smackdown, only to emerge later on after Nakamura has gotten the crap kicked out of him by Joe (and Strowman), and cash in MITB.

Gives you two options at that point - you can kayfabe injure Naka and have him as a "surprise" RR entrant.  Or you can have him get his return match on the RtWM and reclaim the belt after giving Corbin a 2-ish month reign to test him out at that level.  Realistically, I think I'd almost prefer they go the former and let AJ be the one to take the belt off Corbin (AJ's over and sin and Corbin doesn't lose much credibility losing the belt to the top babyface on the brand), then have Nakamura win the Rumble (it's in Philly, IIRC and that crowd would erupt on a nuclear level).

They'd be silly not to have a ME title on AJ going into WM IMO. Like you said, he is the top babyface and he hasn't had the best two Mania's thus far. The match with Jericho was good, but it was filler. The match with Shane was better than it should have been, but again, still filler and almost like a bone throw to the guy just because he needed to be on the card and they didnt have anything else. This should be AJ's year going into Mania. I also just don't think Corbin is going to be a guy they end the season with. I have always been a Baron supporter but they have not been playing up his great signature and finishing maneuvers like they should be and he just doesnt seem intimidating any longer the way he has been booked. Its not just the booking though, he hasn't really taken that next step either. 

4 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

I like Mahal, but do they really think fans will be getting behind Mahal vs Nakamura...?

Brock Lesnar is at that show, no matter what Smackdown did, he and the universal title would cast a big dark shadow over the rest of the card. IMO its a savy move to get new ME talent some time to shine on a big stage and see how they do knowing that you already have the draw power from Raw. 

Has anyone been keeping up with the G1? If not, here are some matches I would for sure watch. 

Tetsua Naito vs Kota Ibushi

Tomohiro Ishii vs Hirooki Goto 

Minoru Suzuki ( Wow, this guy is insane at 49!) vs Kenny Omega

Kota Ibushi vs Zach Sabre Jr.

Kazuchika Okada vs Michael Elgin

Kota Ibushi vs Tomohiro Ishii

Michael Elgin vs Kenny Omega

Minoru Suzuki vs Evil

Tetsuya Naito vs Tomohiro Ishii

Tetsua Naito vs Zach Sabre Jr.

Kazuchika Okada vs EVIL (my favorite match so far)

Kazuchika Okada vs Minoru Suzuki

Michael Elgin vs EVIL

Yes I have my favorites! Going to watch Kenny vs Okada 3 soon

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Brock Lesnar is at that show, no matter what Smackdown did, he and the universal title would cast a big dark shadow over the rest of the card. IMO its a savy move to get new ME talent some time to shine on a big stage and see how they do knowing that you already have the draw power from Raw. 

I see where you're going with this, but that's still a really BAD way to think of it for two reasons.

First and foremost, that's the WWE title. The companies MAIN title. That should have more importance.

Secondly, this is Summerslam. This PPV has some storied history within the company; including having one of the biggest buyrates (for a PPV) in the companies history.Some Summerslams have done better than most Wrestlemania's (Buyrates, mind you). 

If anything, the WWE should've had a big match for the WWE Title (HIAC?) so a Jinder loss doesn't look like a failed experiment to get ratings from overseas and Nakamura can win it. Not only that, but CENA can take the pinfall loss in this. Having Cena lose cleanly can have him start an eventual program where he keeps working for a title shot, but just comes short of 17. You can build excitement to see if he ever finally achieves it.

5 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

I see where you're going with this, but that's still a really BAD way to think of it for two reasons.

First and foremost, that's the WWE title. The companies MAIN title. That should have more importance.

Secondly, this is Summerslam. This PPV has some storied history within the company; including having one of the biggest buyrates (for a PPV) in the companies history.Some Summerslams have done better than most Wrestlemania's (Buyrates, mind you). 

If anything, the WWE should've had a big match for the WWE Title (HIAC?) so a Jinder loss doesn't look like a failed experiment to get ratings from overseas and Nakamura can win it. Not only that, but CENA can take the pinfall loss in this. Having Cena lose cleanly can have him start an eventual program where he keeps working for a title shot, but just comes short of 17. You can build excitement to see if he ever finally achieves it.

If I had to guess, I would say the E considers the Uni title as the MAIN title at the moment. Its on the main show and on the main draw. I understand the World title has history behind it, but the WWE doesnt seem to care about that right now. I too see where you are going, and I dont see Jinder vs Nakamura the way you do. I think it it is certainly risky, but I also think, especially if Shinsuke wins, it could be a great match with a guy who is definitely over. The only guy more over on smackdown right now as far as a face goes is probably AJ. They think Nakamura has the ability to be a big match guy, so here is his shot. They have buyrate coverage so let the dice roll on a guy who might be able to carry the ship. 

On 8/11/2017 at 4:56 PM, The LBC said:

I don't know that Naka goes over at Summerslam, but my gut says he does and they hot potato the title back to Jinder during the India tour in September.

Put it this way, they're going to get Jinder out of the ME scene before Survivor Series.  They're not going to have him on the Smackdown Team (assuming they do the same tired bit they did last year) and it would look weird to not have a brand's world champion in the match if the other's was.  I don't necessarily think this is how they do it, but I'd have Nakamura carrying the belt into Survivor Series, have Corbin walk out on Team Smackdown, only to emerge later on after Nakamura has gotten the crap kicked out of him by Joe (and Strowman), and cash in MITB.

Gives you two options at that point - you can kayfabe injure Naka and have him as a "surprise" RR entrant.  Or you can have him get his return match on the RtWM and reclaim the belt after giving Corbin a 2-ish month reign to test him out at that level.  Realistically, I think I'd almost prefer they go the former and let AJ be the one to take the belt off Corbin (AJ's over and sin and Corbin doesn't lose much credibility losing the belt to the top babyface on the brand), then have Nakamura win the Rumble (it's in Philly, IIRC and that crowd would erupt on a nuclear level).

I actually think this could be a great idea. Have Corbin cash his money in the bank contract in DURING the main event at Survivor Series. People would be like "What the heck is going on?" The other guys could just stand around and watch it happen.

But i think Jinder will carry the belt until the October Pay per View and lose it to Styles or Cena. 

I really want to see a Styles vs Owens and Cena vs Reigns double main event for Wrestlemania. Let Owens win the Rumble. Styles take the belt for a while. Cena switch to Raw and challenge Reigns. I suspect they are getting the Styles and Owens feud over now though and it wouldnt work out, but it would be a great match up

on another note, I wouldnt mind seeing Ambrose and Rollins win the tag titles and then for a minor pay per view like No Mercy, you reunite the Shield with Reigns as Champ.

Shield vs Miztourage, with the tag belts and the universal title/IC Title belt up for grabs. They could make it work because the miz can talk like crazy, reuniting the Shield will give the pay per view the needed buzz. Stipulations are simple, if you pin a belt holder, you get that belt. If they dont want a title change then they can pin Bo Dallas or Curtis Axel. Or they could do an Ambrose heel turn and give the Miz team the tag belts. Dallas and Axel should get some burn in the tag division because its super weak. They can stretch a Miz vs Reigns program out until Survivor Series 

11 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Kazuchika Okada vs Michael Elgin

Didnt know they had faced. Just finished watching. And wow.

Factor the style and look of them. Its everything Naka/Cena should of been, but wasnt allowed to be. Half hour of quality storytelling, and playing to/showcasing each ones strengths.

19 hours ago, Gmen4ev said:

Their chemistry is just incredible.

13 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Didnt know they had faced. Just finished watching. And wow.

Factor the style and look of them. Its everything Naka/Cena should of been, but wasnt allowed to be. Half hour of quality storytelling, and playing to/showcasing each ones strengths.

Okada is the absolute best. He makes everyone look great. 

Njpw booking style is so much better than wwe, both the winners and losers look good rather than nobody.

gonna watch Naito Kenny later.

12 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Hopeing Heyman betrays Lesnar and sides with someone like Samoa Joe.

I like the idea of heyman turning on Lesnar, but I dont think it should be Joe. He does not need Heyman talking for him and I wouldn't want him to either. I think one of Joe's strengths is his mic work and I wouldnt want heyman eating into it. Strowman wouldn't be a bad choice but I am unsure if that would flow well with the current storylines. If Brock does take an extended absence, potentially to work in the UFC again, it would make sense to keep Heyman around and have Lesnar come back against his new protege 

Archived