Overrated-Underrated

Shady Slim

so here’s a fun game, without trolling or flaming each other and getting the thread locked, come in and say a team or a player or a coach or any football thing that’s being overrated, and then another that’s being underrated. simple. don’t get yourselves infracted. easy.

i’m gonna say the niners are my overrated - a lot of new pieces and i think they’ll start to win some games more towards the back of the year but given the changes, i’m treating this as practically as if it’s the first year of jimmy g and not the second-and-a-half, especially given that he had the injury

now

because i’m a big ol homer i’m gonna say the steelers are my u defeated - while they have taken hits to their offense, it’s still an excellent and talented group - conner showed that he can make up for bell with samuels sprinkled in and juju is a rising star, and i am sure diontae will come on as well because he’s a “steelers guy”; the ravens are not making the ploffs again i don’t think and cincy won’t either so the browns are the biggest challenge, and i just reckon they’ll be quite good this year and plucky but won’t start being division title contenders until  next year (though i can see them pocketing a ploff spot still this year)

Underrated

Quincy Enunwa, Jets WR 

Enunwa has a lot of problems staying healthy so it’s hard for many to see how good he is. He’s a prototypical #1 physically. 6’2 225 lbs and a 4.45 40. He is also the best blocking WR I’ve ever seen. He’s not super agile and doesn’t have great hands though. Still, if he could stay healthy, he would be well regarded.

Mike Daniels, Packers DL

Daniels is the Packers player I fear the most outside of Aaron. Great against the run and pass. He plays fierce and sets the tone for their defense. His play goes beyond a sack stat line - which isn’t even bad for what he’s asked to do. He should be considered just a notch below the elite players in the NFL. At least in years prior. I know some feel he’s slowing down and passing the star label to Kenny Clark.

Edited by Duluther
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Duluther said:

Quincy Enunwa, Jets WR 

Enunwa has a lot of problems staying healthy so it’s hard for many to see how good he is. He’s a prototypical #1 physically. 6’2 225 lbs and a 4.45 40. He is also the best blocking WR I’ve ever seen. He’s not super agile and doesn’t have great hands though. Still, if he could stay healthy, he would be well regarded.

He looks like a RB when he has the ball in his hands.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Underrated: Carolina Panthers, Kyler Murray, Brian Burns, Marlon Humphrey.

Overrated: San Francisco 49ers, Josh Rosen, Atlanta Falcons, Xavien Howard.

I don’t hate or even dislike the Dolphins anyway.

Is Josh Rosen rated as even an average QB right now? Maybe its because i think he’s terrible but i didnt think he could be overrated 

52 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is Josh Rosen rated as even an average QB right now? Maybe its because i think he’s terrible but i didnt think he could be overrated 

Maybe he called him overrated because there's people (including myself) who believes Rosen has the potential to be a franchise QB.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Maybe he called him overrated because there's people (including myself) who believes Rosen has the potential to be a franchise QB.

Bingo^.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

This. Rosen is Clausen 2.0. Complete and utter trash.

Overrated

Josh Allen. Same reasoning with Rosen; Allen isn't a total disaster like Rosen, but he's still pretty bad.

Jared Goff: This could be the only time where I've seen a system quarterback in the NFL. Goff would be a total bum on any other team.

Underrated

Washington Redskins. I like what they're building. Their defense is on the rise and Dwayne Haskins has a lot of promise.

Edited by Elky

Overrated

Houston-  Besides Fuller, the team was completely healthy last year.  While their defense is still great on the edge and at LB, they suffered some hits in the secondary.  They also didn't do enough to address the running game and offensive line and not sure they can maintain the ridiculous +13 turnover ratio.

Dallas-  They won 10 games and were 9-3 in touchdown or less.   They did this in a down division with two teams dealing with QB injuries and the other having one of the worst QB situations in the NFL.  Things will be tougher this year with a first place schedule and a healthier Eagles team.

LA Rams- I can see their win total regressing where they're still good enough to make the playoffs but 12 or 13 wins will be tough.  SF and AZ won't have Mullens and Rosen starting.  They didn't really play a lot of tough teams on the road last season.  This year they'll get the likes of Pitt, Clev, Car just to name a few.  They also lost a few key contributors on their line and still concerns about Gurley. 

Underrated

San Francisco- This team has nowhere to go up after injuries all over the place last year.  People forget how trendy of a sleeper they were at this time last year. 

Jacksonville- The Jags dealt with too many injuries last year but besides Telvin Smith, the team will start fresh.  Fournette is completely refreshed and will be the key to smash mouth football they want to do.  The defense will be back to near elite.  Also they now have a smart clutch QB in Foles who doesn't have to do alot in this system.

Carolina- The Panthers fell apart last year due to injuries especially at the QB spot.  Newton is way ahead of schedule and what he looks like in September will remain to be seen.  The defense also looks to be in the best shape it's been since that '15 season.

Denver-  This team is intriguing.  QB has been a problem since Manning retired.  Although Flacco isn't Drew Brees, he's still the best they've had since Manning.  If he stays healthy this team will be competitive.  Even if he doesn't stay healthy, there's still some promise in Lock but there's a lot to like all around the roster.  Royce Freeman is now in a running system that he'll do better in.  The defense could go back to being a top 5 unit.  Von and Chubb will be a force.  It's also possible that there will be much better all around coaching since Kubiak was around.