TV Mafia: Signup and Game Thread-Day three Ends at 9 PM Eastern Saturay

bcb1213

On 7/8/2019 at 3:14 PM, bcb1213 said:

Distraught bcb leaves the bar and goes into the street when he sees something, but what the…

“Whats up doc?”

But, but, man I must be drunk

Naw, our worlds have collided somehow. What was once fake is real, and let me tell ya, being real aint too bad! Theres a war about to start I tell you!

But but you’re a carto…

BANG!!!

Before bcb can finish his thoght a shot rings out from behind a car

Mama's wittle baby woves wabbit, wabbit, Mama's wittle baby woves wabbit stew!

It cant be…

The character hops off into the distance. A smallish man chases after it

Kill the wabbit kill the wabbit heheheheheh

I figured it out.

Live action vs cartoons

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Pickle moved towards the paper, suddenly it moved and used a pencil 

Pickle was mesmerized by what he was seeing.  This pencil was drawing.  What was it.  It was a cylinder! 

How strange.  Then quickly the paper drew a handle and a trigger and before pickle could limp away a shot rang out through the hospital 

Feels like some looney tunes flavor

This was hinted in the OP with bugs bunny/elmer fudd

On 7/10/2019 at 11:43 PM, Malfatron said:

Orca

On 7/10/2019 at 11:44 PM, Malfatron said:

I imagine you are mad

On 7/10/2019 at 11:45 PM, SwAg said:

lol

On 7/10/2019 at 11:45 PM, Malfatron said:

Sometimes i love you swag

On 7/10/2019 at 11:54 PM, Malfatron said:

Orca was redlettered

Why do you refuse to accept reality when it comes to orca

There is 0 reason why nacho would do this if he didnt find scum

On 7/10/2019 at 11:54 PM, Malfatron said:

If you think i am mafia with orca, so be it

On 7/10/2019 at 11:57 PM, Malfatron said:

Hes mafia too

Kept saying that TKN was doing this as powerless

Unless i misread that

Trying to catch up by jumping around

On 7/10/2019 at 11:59 PM, Malfatron said:

Yeah that did stick out to me too

I was kinda slowplaying things to kick it into gear d2

Now im drunk though

On 7/11/2019 at 12:02 AM, Malfatron said:

Lol you are lynched d2

If not hit tonight

Thinking back, the signs were there that nacho had a positive invest on you

You arent escaping

On 7/11/2019 at 12:04 AM, Malfatron said:

On 7/11/2019 at 12:13 AM, SwAg said:

To be fair, all we know is who you said your character was.

You're not exactly constrained in the extremely finite universe of "television."

On 7/11/2019 at 12:15 AM, Malfatron said:

I dont

On 7/11/2019 at 12:17 AM, SwAg said:

Sure you don't.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:33 AM, Malfatron said:

Oh....so you think im faking.

Lol

On 7/11/2019 at 12:35 AM, SwAg said:

No, I believe you're drunk.  I think you're playing it up though.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:36 AM, Malfatron said:

Maybe i have a plan

On 7/11/2019 at 12:41 AM, Malfatron said:

However more likely im making a grave mistake

Lets take it to random.org on who i am gonna put my move on.

5 people.

Mafia, see if im wifoming and roleblock/kill me if you think im gonna get one of yours

Leave me alone if you think im bluffing or gonna get a civ

On 7/11/2019 at 12:41 AM, Malfatron said:

You dont scare me

On 7/11/2019 at 12:45 AM, Malfatron said:

Now to refresh for 8 hours to see what happens

On 7/11/2019 at 12:52 AM, SwAg said:

Good luck with that, matts.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:56 AM, Malfatron said:

On 7/11/2019 at 1:01 AM, Malfatron said:

20 percent chance

On 7/11/2019 at 1:02 AM, SwAg said:

lol, I'm not afraid to die.

I basically told you all I was going to kill Malfatron, and I hardly made it a secret why.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:24 AM, bcb1213 said:

Night 1

Malf was doing his due dilligence walking around Bayside, making sure those kids were behaving.  He had a hot date with Ms Belding tonight and boy is he looking forward to it.  Lost in his thoughts he enters the pool area .  He doesn't notice the teenage boy standing in the corner.  He sees these types all the time.

This isn't a regular teenager though.  As Malf walks by the swimming area the teen turns towards him.  This character has an arrow on his head.  The next thing Malf knows is that this youngster has made some random movements with his hands and , wait what?  The water is rising.  This water surrounds Malf and drags him into the pool.  Malf tries to swim to the top but he is trapped under the current of water

Malf has been eliminated.  He was Mr Belding, The Principal, Good Guys Aligned

It is now day 2

With 15 alive and voting, it is 8 to lynch!

If you did not receive your night PM, please let me know

Here I am killing Malfatron as Aang.  I have a host-verified write-up demonstrating my ability, which I telegraphed.  Since I killed Malfatron, and had my action shown in the write-up, I was granted host dispensation from the rule that precluded claiming, but I clearly did not want to claim, so I tried to be subtle with it.

I, again, alluded to it after Dingo sacrificed himself to revive Malfatron.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:08 PM, SwAg said:

Jesus, I'm doing terrible this game.

Then the conversation shifted toward the discussion on modkills and the rules:

On 7/11/2019 at 9:06 PM, Malfatron said:

This would modkill the blocker

On 7/11/2019 at 9:08 PM, SwAg said:

Not necessarily, but he would know for sure since he would have been notified of an exception.

I said this because I received host dispensation to claim on D2 because my action appeared in the write-up, which made me think the roleblocker would receive a similar dispensation if he blocked something that would have occurred in a write-up.  I clearly did not want to claim, so I tried to allude to it, which I did earlier:

On 7/11/2019 at 4:37 PM, SwAg said:

I'm likely going back to Dingo/Ted or Dome short of some new development.  The contrast in Dingo's responses on D1 to D2 are stark, and Dome is continuing to play up this posting restriction that may or may not exist after floundering in our argument yesterday.

You could convince me on Orca too, since the rage on him character claiming seemed forced, and there is virtually zero chance of any counters ever occurring in this game because the universe is television.  Now he seems content with the attribution of town credit to his name that he didn't earn simply because he was the object of a fake red letter, and he didn't argue with me when I floated that concept last night to Malfatron.  Just seems like capitalizing on what could have been a disaster, and using his brother's erraticism to his advantage.

Also keen on the Shady angle I floated to push, and I want rack to participate before I kill him.

I killed Malfatron, so I was allowed to claim that I kill.

Then I followed it up by telling Malfatron that I'm disappointed with him on multiple occasions, which was my backhanded way of saying I killed him because he was acting like scum, and I expected more because Dingo revived him to be the savior we need.  I said it here and here.

Again, I kept referencing that people need verifiability in their role because I felt like people could claim anything in a near infinite universe of television, but also, I have a verifiable role, and was hoping to impart that I can verify myself.  This is one of several posts on the subject, and was the crux of my continuous argument against Orca.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:47 PM, SwAg said:

The crux of my point is that it’s silly to assume people are the characters they claim without some type of verification or believability toward the claim.  I think this one is won or lost on thread play because the theme lends itself toward fakes.  There are eighteen roles and a near infinite amount of characters worthy of inclusion.

I recognize right now we know more about Orca than other people, so we might not have the luxury of second guessing a D1 character claim made under duress, but my point has largely gone unacknowledged from others.

Fast forward to later, Malfatron is frustrated for people wanting his input, whenever he was revived over Nacho (who is likely The Cop) for his thread play.  And I indicated my frustration with that later on because when I was revived as the cleared Civ in Gopher's Game, I took up the mantle with absolute enthusiasm.

I further voiced this frustration here when Malfatron was wrong on basic facts.  And he then thought Mafia hit him -- and I told him he's wrong.

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Lol, i guess mafia hit me then

14 hours ago, SwAg said:

Is that the only explanation?

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:

No

13 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Serial killer

9 hours ago, SwAg said:

Avatar Aang, the Serial Killer.  Interesting take.  Any other possibilities that float to the surface?

I was pissed at how poorly I thought Malfatron was playing, and how he wasn't picking up on what I was saying.

Later on, I asked Malfatron if he still needed a pep talk to get his attention.  When he told me to go for it, I said:

6 hours ago, SwAg said:

Are you familiar with the story of Icarus, Son of Daedalus, who flew too close to the sun?

Again, sending more hints to Malfatron.  In this instance, I am Icarus, who flew too close to the sun.  I killed him off a poor D1 read, and now regret it.  And the imagery alludes to an arrow, which is my iconic and identifying mark as Aang.

I'm not going to bump all the post from the Night.  I was pushing Orca since N1 when I thought he was going for a lolclear based on Nacho fake red-lettering him.  He ignored my accusations for nearly the whole day, then whenever he came around to acknowledging it, portrayed me as lacking civility in the interactions, whenever I had not said anything that could even be liberally construed as uncivilized.  Then he began to play up the "no one listens to me" angle, and he doesn't care what I think, before disengaging.  Throughout this time, multiple other people voiced skepticism of Orca and seemed substantially likely to garner significant votes today.  Then, before anything could happen today, Orca claims to have a perfect result with no ambiguity on the day he is likely to die, making it a him or I issue.

I claimed my role immediately because I acquired votes from Orca, matts, Malfatron, and Forge in about a two minute span.

I have no idea wtf Malfatron even means by Orca's flavor making more sense than mine.  I literally have a host write-up showing me waterbending.  I killed Malfatron with my waterbending (whirlpool) on N1; on N2 I protected Malfatron with my earthbending (earth shield); and I still have my airbending and firebending left.

As soon as I claimed this, Orca claimed a Watcher variant for N1 for his verification -- someone targeted him N1, which makes his claim unverifiable because we don't know if a dead person targeted him.

There is a mountain of evidence to support me, and people are signing off based off postulation and conjecture.

We have to lynch Orca.  We know the Vig is dead (KSJ).  We know The Doctor is dead (Rick).  We know no scum are dead yet.  In an eighteen person game, there are guaranteed 4-6 scum.  If you lynch me, I'm flipping Town, and you know Town is going to focus on Orca, which basically allow someone else in his faction to kill whoever they want.  If there are six scum, it's LyLo right now.  If it's five scum, tomorrow is a stalemate with a two Town swing these phases, and then you're at the mercy of OT rules (not in OP, don't know what they are).  In either scenario, the situation is dire.  Apparently, for this to happen, all Orca has to do is not lose his mind and people will believe it.  

I got to five votes in 2 minutes, this almost freaking worked, and I cannot believe it.

I would say I'm beyond words, but I'm so incredulous that I managed to find them.

Actually, since you all talked about themes and flavor, I noticed all the characters so far are from actual and iconic television shows.

Anyone else have a character from a Netflix exclusive?

Just another (and weaker) brick in my thought process. 

I feel like I was right on Orca on N1.

25 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I basically told you all I was going to kill Malfatron, and I hardly made it a secret why.

Here I am killing Malfatron as Aang.  I have a host-verified write-up demonstrating my ability, which I telegraphed.  Since I killed Malfatron, and had my action shown in the write-up, I was granted host dispensation from the rule that precluded claiming, but I clearly did not want to claim, so I tried to be subtle with it.

I, again, alluded to it after Dingo sacrificed himself to revive Malfatron.

Then the conversation shifted toward the discussion on modkills and the rules:

I said this because I received host dispensation to claim on D2 because my action appeared in the write-up, which made me think the roleblocker would receive a similar dispensation if he blocked something that would have occurred in a write-up.  I clearly did not want to claim, so I tried to allude to it, which I did earlier:

I killed Malfatron, so I was allowed to claim that I kill.

Then I followed it up by telling Malfatron that I'm disappointed with him on multiple occasions, which was my backhanded way of saying I killed him because he was acting like scum, and I expected more because Dingo revived him to be the savior we need.  I said it here and here.

Again, I kept referencing that people need verifiability in their role because I felt like people could claim anything in a near infinite universe of television, but also, I have a verifiable role, and was hoping to impart that I can verify myself.  This is one of several posts on the subject, and was the crux of my continuous argument against Orca.

Fast forward to later, Malfatron is frustrated for people wanting his input, whenever he was revived over Nacho (who is likely The Cop) for his thread play.  And I indicated my frustration with that later on because when I was revived as the cleared Civ in Gopher's Game, I took up the mantle with absolute enthusiasm.

I further voiced this frustration here when Malfatron was wrong on basic facts.  And he then thought Mafia hit him -- and I told him he's wrong.

I was pissed at how poorly I thought Malfatron was playing, and how he wasn't picking up on what I was saying.

Later on, I asked Malfatron if he still needed a pep talk to get his attention.  When he told me to go for it, I said:

Again, sending more hints to Malfatron.  In this instance, I am Icarus, who flew too close to the sun.  I killed him off a poor D1 read, and now regret it.  And the imagery alludes to an arrow, which is my iconic and identifying mark as Aang.

I'm not going to bump all the post from the Night.  I was pushing Orca since N1 when I thought he was going for a lolclear based on Nacho fake red-lettering him.  He ignored my accusations for nearly the whole day, then whenever he came around to acknowledging it, portrayed me as lacking civility in the interactions, whenever I had not said anything that could even be liberally construed as uncivilized.  Then he began to play up the "no one listens to me" angle, and he doesn't care what I think, before disengaging.  Throughout this time, multiple other people voiced skepticism of Orca and seemed substantially likely to garner significant votes today.  Then, before anything could happen today, Orca claims to have a perfect result with no ambiguity on the day he is likely to die, making it a him or I issue.

I claimed my role immediately because I acquired votes from Orca, matts, Malfatron, and Forge in about a two minute span.

I have no idea wtf Malfatron even means by Orca's flavor making more sense than mine.  I literally have a host write-up showing me waterbending.  I killed Malfatron with my waterbending (whirlpool) on N1; on N2 I protected Malfatron with my earthbending (earth shield); and I still have my airbending and firebending left.

As soon as I claimed this, Orca claimed a Watcher variant for N1 for his verification -- someone targeted him N1, which makes his claim unverifiable because we don't know if a dead person targeted him.

There is a mountain of evidence to support me, and people are signing off based off postulation and conjecture.

We have to lynch Orca.  We know the Vig is dead (KSJ).  We know The Doctor is dead (Rick).  We know no scum are dead yet.  In an eighteen person game, there are guaranteed 4-6 scum.  If you lynch me, I'm flipping Town, and you know Town is going to focus on Orca, which basically allow someone else in his faction to kill whoever they want.  If there are six scum, it's LyLo right now.  If it's five scum, tomorrow is a stalemate with a two Town swing these phases, and then you're at the mercy of OT rules (not in OP, don't know what they are).  In either scenario, the situation is dire.  Apparently, for this to happen, all Orca has to do is not lose his mind and people will believe it.  

I got to five votes in 2 minutes, this almost freaking worked, and I cannot believe it.

I would say I'm beyond words, but I'm so incredulous that I managed to find them.

I'm restless.  On re-reading to make sure I said everything I wanted, I realized I took Forge at face value on his claim / remarks. 

If the double vote is gone, I'm right in the game distribution projections; if Forge is Town, can still use the double vote, and doesn't give it to someone stupid, then the game distribution for five is off.  If it's six, we're still ****ed if you lynch me.

I don't know what else I can do to convince people.  I get I might be dealing with a sound chamber at some point here, and I've played fairly poorly in terms of favorable results, but I feel like I've been genuine the whole game, and would prefer not to be traded, particularly with such high stakes.

Archived