The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

In light of the last two days, I feel it's a good time to post this:

In exchange for Carlos Gomez, Mike Fiers, Jonathan Lucroy, Jeremy Jeffress and Tyler Thornburg, we received Domingo Santana, Josh Hader, Brett Phillips, Lewis Brinson, Luis Ortiz, essentially Anthony Swarzak, Travis Shaw, Mauricio Dubon, Adrian Houser and Josh Pennington (lemme know if I'm missing someone @bkobow05 or @ramssuperbowl99 )..

The teams that we traded those five players to have gotten a combined 5.1 WAR out of them. We've gotten 5 WAR out of Santana and Shaw this season and have a combined five million years of team control left amongst the entire group.

Oh yeah, and the two most valuable (when traded) players have been waived (Gomez) and just traded for a PTBNL (Lucroy).

The PTBNL in the Shaw trade.

Just now, SplashDive said:

I actually like the move.  Coming back to where he was comfortable for essentially nothing.

It's a great move. It cost us nothing but a few bucks and an org guy.

Jeffress still has tons of talent and put it together in Milwaukee once. He fell apart because the support system wasn't there in Texas, so as long as the Brewers help him off the field I look at him as a potential positive asset. He's got 2 years left of team control, will have a chance to rebound and show he can be a ~$4M RP guy next year over the next few months, won't be more than a middle relief option to right away, and isn't named Carlos Torres.

What's not to love?

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's a great move. It cost us nothing but a few bucks and an org guy.

Jeffress still has tons of talent and put it together in Milwaukee once. He fell apart because the support system wasn't there in Texas, so as long as the Brewers help him off the field I look at him as a potential positive asset. He's got 2 years left of team control, will have a chance to rebound and show he can be a ~$4M RP guy next year over the next few months, won't be more than a middle relief option to right away, and isn't named Carlos Torres.

What's not to love?

Exactly

51 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And now you can update it noting that we got Jeffress back for apparently just Taylor Scott.

Just hilarious. What an absolutely brutal trade for the Rangers.

Anyways I love the Jeffress trade for everything Rams said. Just no risk.

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Not really weird, the reports were wrong and despite pressure Stearns said "no" to damaging the system to add a piece now.

Beane wanted depth more than a real top-5 guy.

Good to read there.  I like Stearns sticking to his guns.