The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I was thinking about switching Supak out for Ashby but wanted to post that offer first. Could include one of our international signings instead of Howell too.

Tristen Lutz, Lucas Erceg, Aaron Ashby and Eduarqui Fernandez? 

Fernandez is hurt right? Can't imagine he gets dealt now.

22 hours ago, beekay414 said:

BK's 2019 Brewers Trade Deadline
- Trade INF Mauricio Dubon and RHP Nash Walters to the San Francisco Giants for LHP Will Smith
- Trade OF Corey Ray to the Chicago White Sox for RHP Alex Colome
- Trade OF Tristen Lutz, 3B Lucas Erceg, RHP Trey Supak and OF Korry Howell to the Detroit Tigers for LHP Matt Boyd

Tell me where I screwed up @ramssuperbowl99

No reason to buy. This team isn't close to good enough.

I would offer Corey Ray + Lucas Erceg + Joe Gray (he'll be a total flop here, we never develop his type, no idea why we keep trying), and 1 rookie/DSL lotto ticket and get the best controllable pitcher you can get, be it pen or starter.

We need to sell Ray and Erceg before they are worthless so I have no issue moving them for pitching. Turang, Lutz, Brown, Supak would be off limits to me. No reason to blow them on this roster. If someone gives you good value for Gresham, I'd consider selling high.

We also need to sell Moose and Grandal for pitching. AA or AAA level only. I'll take someone's Zack Brown or Supak for them as headliners. Not necessarily top 100 guys but definite potential to be in a rotation next year. We can sign late 20s/early 30s hitters every damn year, who doesn't want to come in and rake at Miller Park? We can't get pitching, this deadline should be all about re-tooling for next year via dealing bats for controllable pitchers. I'd listen to a deal for any hitter minus Yelich and Hiura if it gets me pitching.

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

No reason to buy. This team isn't close to good enough.

I would offer Corey Ray + Lucas Erceg + Joe Gray (he'll be a total flop here, we never develop his type, no idea why we keep trying), and 1 rookie/DSL lotto ticket and get the best controllable pitcher you can get, be it pen or starter.

We need to sell Ray and Erceg before they are worthless so I have no issue moving them for pitching. Turang, Lutz, Brown, Supak would be off limits to me. No reason to blow them on this roster. If someone gives you good value for Gresham, I'd consider selling high.

We also need to sell Moose and Grandal for pitching. AA or AAA level only. I'll take someone's Zack Brown or Supak for them as headliners. Not necessarily top 100 guys but definite potential to be in a rotation next year. We can sign late 20s/early 30s hitters every damn year, who doesn't want to come in and rake at Miller Park? We can't get pitching, this deadline should be all about re-tooling for next year via dealing bats for controllable pitchers. I'd listen to a deal for any hitter minus Yelich and Hiura if it gets me pitching.

Can guarantee we buy. It's not in Stearns' nature to sell when we're still technically in it. 

10 hours ago, SplashDive said:

What would a package from the Rays even look like for Jesus?  Can't be much

We'll get Anthony Banda back. Just watch lol. Though I don't even think we'd entertain the idea of selling low on him. He's not even in arbitration yet so we have no incentive to trade him right now.