The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Bullpen continues to be complete ****

Part of it is that now CC is just using Hader as a traditional closer.  He didn’t need to pitch on Sunday in a 7-4 game. If there’s trouble in the ninth, have him ready, but I don’t need to see him come in with a three-run lead and the bases empty. Especially not if it means he can’t pitch the next day. 

Then there’s the obvious issue of pitching to Suarez with first base open and a bum hitting behind him.

• Like 1

It is past time for Stearns to address this pitching staff if we want to make any kind of playoff run in 2019.  If he doesn't do something soon then it is time to sell and sell bigly.  :(  I felt this way before Woody got hurt BTW.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Part of it is that now CC is just using Hader as a traditional closer.  He didn’t need to pitch on Sunday in a 7-4 game. If there’s trouble in the ninth, have him ready, but I don’t need to see him come in with a three-run lead and the bases empty. Especially not if it means he can’t pitch the next day. 

Then there’s the obvious issue of pitching to Suarez with first base open and a bum hitting behind him.

If Counsell feels he has to use Hader with a 3 run lead on Sunday that speaks volumes on how he feels about his pen.

Did CC have any other options in the 9th last night besides JJ?

Edited by Pugger

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

This is why we miss Knebel. 

I'm on the fence right now as to whether we buy or sell. It'd suck to waste a Bonds level year from Yelich.

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is why we miss Knebel. 

I'm on the fence right now as to whether we buy or sell. It'd suck to waste a Bonds level year from Yelich.

Yes, losing Knebel really hurt this year.   IF we are buyers we are going to need a starter and a reliever going forward.

20 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes, losing Knebel really hurt this year.   IF we are buyers we are going to need a starter and a reliever going forward.

There's part of me that says let's give Jimmy Nelson a season of reps so he can get his muscle memory back, get Dubon some time so no more bad utility IFs, get Shaw up to try and get him primed for a trade in the offseason, and just keeping throwing relievers at the wall until we've got some more consistency.

But I can't get over us tanking around Yelich.

BK's 2019 Brewers Trade Deadline
- Trade INF Mauricio Dubon and RHP Nash Walters to the San Francisco Giants for LHP Will Smith
- Trade OF Corey Ray to the Chicago White Sox for RHP Alex Colome
- Trade OF Tristen Lutz, 3B Lucas Erceg, RHP Trey Supak and OF Korry Howell to the Detroit Tigers for LHP Matt Boyd

Tell me where I screwed up @ramssuperbowl99

Edited by beekay414

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

BK's 2019 Brewers Trade Deadline
- Trade INF Mauricio Dubon and RHP Nash Walters to the San Francisco Giants for LHP Will Smith
- Trade OF Corey Ray to the Chicago White Sox for RHP Alex Colome
- Trade OF Tristen Lutz, 3B Lucas Erceg, RHP Trey Supak and OF Korry Howell to the Detroit Tigers for LHP Matt Boyd

Tell me where I screwed up @ramssuperbowl99

I don't even know whether or not I want to buy man. We obviously only need pitching, so I'm fine with it. The Boyd deal is probably an underpay but who knows what the market's going to look like with teams hoarding prospects more and more.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't even know whether or not I want to buy man. We obviously only need pitching, so I'm fine with it. The Boyd deal is probably an underpay but who knows what the market's going to look like with teams hoarding prospects more and more.

Yeah, I was thinking about switching Supak out for Ashby but wanted to post that offer first. Could include one of our international signings instead of Howell too.

Tristen Lutz, Lucas Erceg, Aaron Ashby and Eduarqui Fernandez? 

I also don't necessarily want us to buy. But, if we don't, I'd call Shaw back up and get what we can for Moustakas if we're not going to extend him. I know we'd be worried about sending the wrong message but, god damn, we'd be fools to not capitalize on Moose's season.

Edited by beekay414