The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

So this is just July but, anyone hitting after Travis Shaw or replacing Shaw in the lineup...

25-165 (.152), 7 HR, 16 RBI, 17 R, 57 K (34.5% K%), 15 BB (8.3% BB%)

That includes a Thames pinch hit HR btw. Also doesn't include pitchers.

Edited by bkobow05

9 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

So who would we want more?  Escobar or Dozier?  What do their contracts/control look like? What would be differences in compensation for either?  Would both be pencilled in at short?  Or maybe 2nd with Villar playing short?

Both are free agents after the year so I'm sure the compensation would be similar. I'd probably want Dozier more due to his 2nd half tendencies recently but Escobar makes sense too with his ability to "play" short. If we can't manage Machado, I'd go after both tbh.

https://fancredsports.com/articles/jon-heyman-mets-expected-to-go-outside-for-next

If they do go outside, some names already are surfacing on the rumor mill, but it's early and undoubtedly many more will surface. Two that could be a reach are Brewers GM David Stearns and Indians GM Mike Chernoff, who are having great success. Both are New Yorkers (Chernoff is actually from New Jersey, but that’s close enough). However, to pry away a current GM – the Cubs' Jed Hoyer is another big name floating around – Mets ownership might have to use the president title, and even if they are willing to do that, there’s no guarantee those targets' current bosses would let them go.

I was wondering when this **** would start.