Bitcoin

BayRaider

7 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

IOTA and GNT are ones I really like. Very nice technologies. Same thing for WaBi.

Currently all my crypto money is in XRP and GNT (with just a little BTC that I'm still trying to decide what to do with). Both long term holds based on the technology potential.

Right now I just have IOTA and AION.  Getting GNT as soon as my ETH purchase goes through.  After that I'm done.  Just going to hold on those for a while and see what happens, like you I like the technology long term for those specific ones.  Just hope those don't take a huge hit when the downturn comes.

Also, granted I'm still a novice at this, but not really a fan of Coinbase adding Bitcoin cash.

41 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Right now I just have IOTA and AION.  Getting GNT as soon as my ETH purchase goes through.  After that I'm done.  Just going to hold on those for a while and see what happens, like you I like the technology long term for those specific ones.  Just hope those don't take a huge hit when the downturn comes.

Also, granted I'm still a novice at this, but not really a fan of Coinbase adding Bitcoin cash.

From what I've read, a lot of people are talking about Coinbase and there BTH move being really sketchy, like a calculated move to hinder BTC and pump up their own product. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

From what I've read, a lot of people are talking about Coinbase and there BTH move being really sketchy, like a calculated move to hinder BTC and pump up their own product. 

Yeah, I see a lot of 'insider trading' and coinbase is a scam threads out there.  From everything else I've read tho, people knew that Coinbase was talking about adding bitcoin cash around January 1st.  They are mad because of the huge buy and spike in Bitcoin cash right before Coinbase announced they would start selling it.  I think if people just hold on bitcoin, the wave will pass.  But let's see.  You're probably smart though to take your doubled earnings out...

14 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I just sold some of my BTC...going to look into a couple of the cryptos you and Heimdallr mentioned, IOTA, GNT, AION.

@TheVillain112 any preference of those three? 

I've got about $1500 to work with from my sale of BTC.

Believe me when I tell you, I'm not the one to take advice on what to buy from. xD

A week ago I was trying to figure out how to use metamask to buy AION on Etherdelta.  Was real close to losing about $2k if I closed my browser while using that exchange.  My experience buying IOTA on the binance exchange wasn't a lot of fun either.  They allowed me to buy it but I can't withdraw it.  Apparently it's been 2 weeks since they've allowed any withdrawal of IOTA. Which for me is fine since I do want to hold long term anyway.  Just preferred to keep it in my wallet...

Yea I'm still learning the ropes. 

Right now I'm struggling to get in touch with Gatehub to deactivate my 2FA authentication because I accidentrally deleted the authentication app and don't have the key.

I sold my a good bit of BTC because of the profit already made and wanting to be more active to just learn how to use these different trading platforms. 

Right now I have accounts with Coinbase, Gatehub, CEX.IO, and Bittrex, and saying it's a pain having to go through exchanges and the process of actually getting into a position to make buys is an understatement. 

One undervalued coin I like is called Oyster Pearl.

Considering I don't have a lot of capital to work with, I've been looking for a coin that can give you that rare 100x potential.

Coin is currently at 4.7 cents up from 0.5 cents (half a penny) 3 weeks ago.

Why do I think this coin can go up so much?

- Solid product. Eliminates the need for ads for websites and also provides anonymous storage for users on Tangle using the IOTA network. If IOTA is a success, this should be as well. Read their whitepaper.

- Very active devs. The lead dev always posts in the Telegram channel. He's a cool and intelligent guy. Telegram has over 2800 members as well, some bigger cryptos don't even have that much.

- Very nice website.

- Only a 1.5M marketcap! This could easily become a 200M marketcap project. All successful cryptos reach about the 50-200 threshold rather easily.

- 108M Supply and 31M in circulation. Was suppose to be a 500M supply but all unbought tokens were burned during the ICO. 5 cents for a 108M supply token is quite a steal.

- Only exchange it's on is EtherDelta. The worst exchange imaginable. Once it gets to better exchanges, the price should leap quite a bit.

This is my boom or bust coin and I think it's way more likely it booms and booms big. However, do your own research on it and make your own decision regarding your investment. I bought around $600 worth for 15k tokens at 4.0 cents. Gonna hold to $5 if it ever reaches that.

If you're looking for small 2x-5x gains I think the safest bet is Litecoin. Even safer than Bitcoin. I'd be surprised if Litecoin doesn't hit $600 in 2018 and $1500 maybe early 2019.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If anything, that proves Jordan Belfort BELIEVES in Bitcoin. He is the biggest scammer of our generation. By telling people Bitcoin is a bubble, people will sell and the price will take a mega dip and he gets to buy at super cheap prices. All Jordan Belfort thinks about is scammy ways to make money.

He does believe in Bitcoin, but his warning was spot on.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

@BayRaider That sounds like a really good one. As soon as it hits Bittrex I'll get on board.... 

Why do you like Litecoin so much?

- Silver to Bitcoins Gold. That's always been Charlies vision. One day he thinks Litecoin will be used as every day transactions where as Bitcoin will be used as a value hold. Like gold. 

- Litecoin is 4x faster than Bitcoin and more efficient. It's actually Bitcoin but better in every possible way. Uses way less power, more secure, etc. One Bitcoin Transaction uses the same amount of power as 10 days of one home in the United States. Think about that for a second. 

- While each crypto has their own purpose, Bitcoin and Litecoin are the only two trying to be an actual currency. There's no reason to pick Bitcoin over Litecoin as an everyday transaction. 

- Charlie Lee is a really well educated guy and he's finally doing more public appearances. 

- This could be most important, Bitcoin already had it's big boom. If Bitcoin is in a bubble, Litecoin definitely isn't. It's the safest hold at the moment IMO. 

54 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

One undervalued coin I like is called Oyster Pearl.

Considering I don't have a lot of capital to work with, I've been looking for a coin that can give you that rare 100x potential.

Coin is currently at 4.7 cents up from 0.5 cents (half a penny) 3 weeks ago.

Why do I think this coin can go up so much?

- Solid product. Eliminates the need for ads for websites and also provides anonymous storage for users on Tangle using the IOTA network. If IOTA is a success, this should be as well. Read their whitepaper.

- Very active devs. The lead dev always posts in the Telegram channel. He's a cool and intelligent guy. Telegram has over 2800 members as well, some bigger cryptos don't even have that much.

- Very nice website.

- Only a 1.5M marketcap! This could easily become a 200M marketcap project. All successful cryptos reach about the 50-200 threshold rather easily.

- 108M Supply and 31M in circulation. Was suppose to be a 500M supply but all unbought tokens were burned during the ICO. 5 cents for a 108M supply token is quite a steal.

- Only exchange it's on is EtherDelta. The worst exchange imaginable. Once it gets to better exchanges, the price should leap quite a bit.

This is my boom or bust coin and I think it's way more likely it booms and booms big. However, do your own research on it and make your own decision regarding your investment. I bought around $600 worth for 15k tokens at 4.0 cents. Gonna hold to $5 if it ever reaches that.

If you're looking for small 2x-5x gains I think the safest bet is Litecoin. Even safer than Bitcoin. I'd be surprised if Litecoin doesn't hit $600 in 2018 and $1500 maybe early 2019.

I'm probably going to try and grab some of this. Is Etherdelta hard to use or unsafe in a way? What makes it so awful?

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

I'm probably going to try and grab some of this. Is Etherdelta hard to use or unsafe in a way? What makes it so awful?

It's safe you just have to know what you are doing and read everything correctly. Watch multiple youtube videos on it and use Google Chrome with MetaMask. 

Some people put sell orders backwards like instead of 10000 Pearl for 1 ETH you might see 10000 ETH for 1 Pearl. And people dont know what they are doing, actually have that much, and get destroyed. 

Like I said just study up and you'll be fine.