Are there sure-fire RBs outside the Top-4?

JaguarCrazy2832

Of the list posted who’s the one you trust the most?

for me there’s a tier (and I hate tiers) of Bell, Johnson, Gordon assuming the holdout ends, Gurley and Conner. Mixon is close but I hate the offense. Outside of that id really shoot for Mack, to take a chance on RB1 numbers from outside the first round  

On 7/26/2019 at 7:09 PM, BillSabre said:

How exactly did Conner get lost in this conversation??? I’m taking him over everybody being talked about..... including DJ. 

I think he is due for some regression. He was unbelievable last year and I think he played above his skill level. 

I dont know what to make of the offense or their team in general. I think he will have the most touches of the RBs they have there but I do believe they also will work all three guys they have into the rotation more than they did last year. I think he got worn down a little bit towards the end of the year. I think they will monitor him more and make sure not to wear him down. The steelers have traditionally had one RB that gets all of the touches but I really do think that changes this year. 

I dont dislike the player, but hes not a guy I target in a place it will take to draft him. He wont make it out of the first round. There are just so many other guys i would rather have in the first two rounds. I would rather go Deandre Hopkins and Davante Adams in the first two rounds than take him, if I am drafting at the turn. 

As stated, there are so many RBs out there this year. Its the year to snag all of the elite WR/TE talent early, then take RBs with upside in the middle rounds. RBs are also easy to find on the wire too. Spend your resources elsewhere 

3 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Of the list posted who’s the one you trust the most?

for me there’s a tier (and I hate tiers) of Bell, Johnson, Gordon assuming the holdout ends, Gurley and Conner. Mixon is close but I hate the offense. Outside of that id really shoot for Mack, to take a chance on RB1 numbers from outside the first round  

I think Mixon is borderline tier 1 this year. He is a really good fit for that offense and should have a huge amount of the touches. Someone in that offense has to get the ball, and he should catch a ton of passes, especially if they are losing and they need to catch up, defenses will be giving them the underneath dump off. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I think Mixon is borderline tier 1 this year. He is a really good fit for that offense and should have a huge amount of the touches. Someone in that offense has to get the ball, and he should catch a ton of passes, especially if they are losing and they need to catch up, defenses will be giving them the underneath dump off. 

If AJ Green was healthy I'd feel better about Mixon for sure. Tough break for them both

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why is that? 

I like Conner but I hate how Pitts may use him. I noticed last year when they went to the  hurry up, they took him out and actually put in Switzer. So I'm expecting Samuels to be on passing downs/hurry up offense and Conner to be more 2 down back who gets all the goal line carries.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I wished I'd feel comfortable about the latter you mentioned but I fear Gio will take up that role again this year...

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

is anyone opposed to starting off WR/WR then following up the next three rounds with the likes of(Freeman, Kerryon, Fournette, Ingram, Montgomery)? I feel like this maybe a route to go this year for me personally....

Not opposed to it at all if you aren’t picking top-4. Not sure if love those options specifically but no issues with WR if you pick later

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not opposed to it at all if you aren’t picking top-4. Not sure if love those options specifically but no issues with WR if you pick later

I am picking fourth, actually. I am getting a new keeper as well this year. So assume I get one of those four(Adams, Nuke, Odell and could add JuJu to the list) and then draft another WR but of course this all depends on who is on the board. If DJ is on the board at 4 then I'm RUNNING up to pick him. I have entertained the idea of Nick Chubb at 4 as well. In redraft leagues, my picks 4 is really pick 16 if that helps.

7 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I am picking fourth, actually. I am getting a new keeper as well this year. So assume I get one of those four(Adams, Nuke, Odell and could add JuJu to the list) and then draft another WR but of course this all depends on who is on the board. If DJ is on the board at 4 then I'm RUNNING up to pick him. I have entertained the idea of Nick Chubb at 4 as well. In redraft leagues, my picks 4 is really pick 16 if that helps.

Oh well in a keeper league, forget my 4th pick stuff. Not sure what the new keeper stuff means, who are you keeping anyways?

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Oh well in a keeper league, forget my 4th pick stuff. Not sure what the new keeper stuff means, who are you keeping anyways?

Well to simplify thing in my home league, we allow owners to recycle their keepers every 3 years. The best player on my team is/was Fournette so I will be recycling my keeper. We call it the keeper lottery, we'll take the teams who choose to do this and randomly decide the "keeper lottery order". So the TOP three players that should be on the board are: Adams, Nuke, and Odell. So I am hoping to get either one...If not someone like David Johnson would be my worst case scenario.

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Well to simplify thing in my home league, we allow owners to recycle their keepers every 3 years. The best player on my team is/was Fournette so I will be recycling my keeper. We call it the keeper lottery, we'll take the teams who choose to do this and randomly decide the "keeper lottery order". So the TOP three players that should be on the board are: Adams, Nuke, and Odell. So I am hoping to get either one...If not someone like David Johnson would be my worst case scenario.

DJ is hardly a worst case scenario though