Training Camp

Rockice_8

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Trumaine Johnson is hurt again and when to return is unknown.   Forget PK for now.  Find new CB or a couple.

CB is going to be the Jets #1 problem this year.   Darnold and Co.  is going have to outscore teams this year.

On 8/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

Missed opportunity but we move forward. 

The kicker we brought in today missed 2 kicks. 

Still can't believe we let our special team pro bowlers walk. We had the money. Douglas is doing it right by waiting for preseason cuts to approach. 

I said it before that the secondary was going to be an issue this season unless we made some moves. I'm not going to blame GW if the defense doesn't perform this season. At least Maye is returning. Hopefully, he can stay healthy. Makes the center of our 3-4 defense better with Adams, Maye, Mosley, and Williamson. 

• Like 1

I think Douglas will do something at CB before week 1. So I wont panic yet. Also we don't know the extent of Tru's hamstring. Could be good to go week 1 or it could linger. Time will tell. But I do think Douglas adds a CB we will be ok with before week 1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Douglas will do something at CB before week 1. So I wont panic yet. Also we don't know the extent of Tru's hamstring. Could be good to go week 1 or it could linger. Time will tell. But I do think Douglas adds a CB we will be ok with before week 1.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us add 2.  We are that desperate.

I'd say we add a vet FA like Cooper, House, or Amerson and look to pry LeBlanc (hurt his foot and might not be ready to start the season), MIlls, or Douglas from PHI via trade.  I'd also look at Dennard or Waynes to see if either if available as both or in the last year of their deals and might not be able to be resigned by their teams.

I don't think JD wants to give up a ton of picks but I'd bet he'd be willing to offer up a late rounder for Mills/LeBlanc.  Douglas and Waynes probably cost at least a 3rd which might be too rich for Douglas to offer.  Both look like starting caliber CB's though so I'd probably consider it knowing we'd get a young CB for a 3rd especially Douglas who would be a welcomed addition at 23.

• Like 1