NFCN Rivals - Packers Thread

dll2000

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Fackrell had just destroyed their other tackle twice.

They started fighting after the same ****** lit 3 different people up in a non full go ******* practice.

The ol’ “you should see the other guy” routine. Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

When the "Tundrans" begin jeering in place of cheering that tells me reality has begun to replace blind hope.

I'll be back there in Sept. and Oct. to capture the true pulse of that "faithful".

If the team does fall apart, it's going to get ugly. Quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

If the team does fall apart, it's going to get ugly. Quickly. 

Hopefully it starts out that way for them though and we get to find out. 🤷‍♂️

I always find this personality stuff to be fascinating. When you have a great talent like Rodgers a huge reason they reach the levels of play they do is that the ego they possess drives them to be better than everyone else. The flip side of that is that it often times that same ego rubs guys the wrong way, especially in the face of the adversity that comes with a lack of success. 

I think LaFleur is going to be a good NFL coach. I think he’s a bright offensive mind. With that, I have a lot of doubts about his ability to flourish in Green Bay, through no fault of his own. I have thought from day one that Green Bay hiring a young coach with limited NFL credentials who wanted and needed to assert himself as the leader in a locker room containing such a strong personality at QB as Rodgers who is both untradeable and uncuttable was a mistake. Rodgers has the power because of that contract and he knows it. The only card LaFleur really has would be to bench Rodgers and that’s never going to happen, so if push comes to shove eventually he’s going to have to bend knee to Rodgers. Everyone knows it, and if the team struggles to win games it’s going to undermine his authority. I think they needed someone with more skins on the wall who could command at least some of Rodgers’ respect right away. Fangio would have been a great hire for them IMO because despite not being an offensive coach he wouldn’t have taken any ****. 

• Like 1

I don't think Fangio wanted any part of that deal where his QB wants to run his own show.

But I do agree that coaches like LaFleur are who you hire to develop young QBs like Mariota.

For guys like Rodgers you need established winners with schemes he'll respect.  Unfortunately they're in short supply and Vince Lombardi isn't coming back.

3 hours ago, malak1 said:

The ol’ “you should see the other guy” routine. Lol.

That is completely irrelevant to what I posted. Fackrell sucks ***. But he has just beaten a guy  twice but they didn't post that and they didn't start fighting because they were getting whooped. It was in response to a returner getting lit up and the player that hit him already had done some bull**** and was kicked out of practice and held out the next day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Rogers said he couldn't wait for Texans to leave. 

This after his coach said he loved it and wants to do it twice next year.  LOL. 

That's not what he said. But yeah he didn't like it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Rogers said he couldn't wait for Texans to leave. 

This after his coach said he loved it and wants to do it twice next year.  LOL. 

I take it as a good sign when our QB says practicing against one of the NFL's top defenses is tough but also very beneficial.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soulman said:

I don't think Fangio wanted any part of that deal where his QB wants to run his own show.

I don’t think he did either - just saying that he would have been a hire that made more sense there to me.

Even beyond the Rodgers drama that roster needed a lot though. Like the Deadspin article said, even getting to 6-9-1 took a blown chip shot FG in OT to tie MIN, a miracle comeback against us week 1 and struggle wins against bottom-of-the-league teams in SF and NYJ despite AR only throwing 2 picks all season. They were a few favorable bounces switched around from being a very ugly 3-13 last year despite Rodgers playing in every game. Hell, lowly Detroit swept them and they finished on a 3-7 stretch despite Rodgers showing no glaring signs of issues with his knee after their week 7 bye. That’s a whole lot of meh right there. 

Outside of Rodgers, Adams, HHCD and maybe Bahktiari (sp?) would any position players from the 2018 Packers team start on the 2019 Bears? I guess Daniels over Nichols too. Is this version of Jimmy Graham better than a healthy Trey Burton at this point? I’d say probably not. So 5 position players out of 23 (considering nickel CB as well). How many wins does that 2018 roster get with a replacement level starting QB instead of Rodgers? Not many. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think he did either - just saying that he would have been a hire that made more sense there to me.

Even beyond the Rodgers drama that roster needed a lot though. Like the Deadspin article said, even getting to 6-9-1 took a blown chip shot FG in OT to tie MIN, a miracle comeback against us week 1 and struggle wins against bottom-of-the-league teams in SF and NYJ despite AR only throwing 2 picks all season. They were a few favorable bounces switched around from being a very ugly 3-13 last year despite Rodgers playing in every game. Hell, lowly Detroit swept them and they finished on a 3-7 stretch despite Rodgers showing no glaring signs of issues with his knee after their week 7 bye. That’s a whole lot of meh right there. 

Outside of Rodgers, Adams, HHCD and maybe Bahktiari (sp?) would any position players from the 2018 Packers team start on the 2019 Bears? I guess Daniels over Nichols too. Is this version of Jimmy Graham better than a healthy Trey Burton at this point? I’d say probably not. So 5 position players out of 23 (considering nickel CB as well). How many wins does that 2018 roster get with a replacement level starting QB instead of Rodgers? Not many. 

Oh yeah.....agreed.  Basically they could have used another Belichick and there are none.

Having two HOF QBs back to back is a once in an generation kind of deal and there is no 3rd HOF type QB to be had right now.  Favre and Rodgers in combination with a perennially weak NFCN allowed more than one under staffed GB team to succeed well to win the division but not in the playoffs against stiffer competition.

The division has caught up and IMHO at least two teams have surpassed GB on paper and I believe in reality as well.  The 2018 win against us was a gift.  If Fuller holds onto the ball and gets his pick Rodgers "great rally" is shot in the *** and the same with Jackson going for the pick as opposed to making sure he played the man and made the stop.

There was a lot more luck than good in that comeback and later in the season it showed.