NFCN Rivals - Packers Thread

dll2000

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

They should have hired Arians and LaFleur after Rodgers retired.  

Ooooo.....I dunno.

Arians is kind of Ditka-like isn't he?  A little abrasive maybe?

He has the track record but would he and Rodgers have meshed personality wise?

So far Rodgers doesn't seem to be showing a whole lot of respect for LaFleur as a play caller and the season hasn't even begun.  Maybe they work it out and maybe they don't but if they do I gotta a feeling much of the give will need to come from LaFleur.

5 minutes ago, soulman said:

Ooooo.....I dunno.

So far Rodgers doesn't seem to be showing a whole lot of respect for LaFleur as a play caller and the season hasn't even begun.  Maybe they work it out and maybe they don't but if they do I gotta a feeling much of the give will need to come from LaFleur.

Manning, Rothelisberger and Palmer all swear by the guy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

LOL - The best LT in the league would maybe start on the Bears? Can't wait to watch the Bears flame out ala the Jags. 

No doubt Bahktiari could start in Chicago but then Leno is no chump so we'd have great depth.

As for that second sentence I sure hope you're not gonna hold your breath for 17 weeks waitin' for that to happen.  9_9  You read too much.  This is the strongest, deepest team Chicago has had since the '80s.

And why for love of Mike Ditka do GB fans find it entertaining to slide on in over here just to debate our personal opinions with us.  They're only opinions not gospel truth.  We can think whatever we choose to think.  Mind control may be something used to convince the "Tundrites" they're a SB caliber team but it won't work here.

If you're team can beat up our team then show it on the field.  It won't get settled in a sports forum.

Edited by soulman

31 minutes ago, soulman said:

Ooooo.....I dunno.

Respect? You only read Florio's Vikings homer takes or what? That is a clueless take. At least I can admit the Bears are a good team, you just twist the narrative to whatever you want. 

Here's a few quotes from multiple Rodgers interviews...

“What I can say is him and I are friends,” Rodgers said of LaFleur

"I feel great about the communication. I mean, he’s in every meeting. We spend time one-on-one talking about stuff. He’s the main voice in the offensive room, but he really appreciates open conversation and ideas and creativity. So, it’s been a great relationship, a great start to it, and I look forward to that growing and getting into that rhythm with him as a play-caller.”

“It helps if I say, ‘Hey, what are we doing this for? Why are we doing this concept? And then (LaFleur) can show me 20 clips on it and you’re like, huh, that makes sense.’ For me, I’m a visual learner in that sense, so I can figure it out on paper and I’m fine with that but I like to see it as well and it helps to kind of lock it into my brain. So, the more questions I ask, the more film he shows, the better I feel about concepts, the better he feels knowing I’m confident in what we’re doing and that’s how the relationship grows I think.”

"I like the scheme," Rodgers said. "I mean, I do. I like the scheme a lot. I like the stresses that it puts on defenses, I like the marriage of the run game with the action. I like our concepts from both stack alignments, bunch alignments and from wide alignments. I think it's going to be very tough to get a bead on what we're doing.

LOL - The best LT in the league would maybe start on the Bears? Can't wait to watch the Bears flame out ala the Jags. 

He’s good but he’s not the best LT in the league IMO. And yes, I say that knowing he was named first team all pro. I also don’t think Davante, while really good, is a top 5 WR despite his being 2nd in the league in TD receptions. Leno is pretty underrated too IMO. He’s not a superstar among LTs but neither is Bakhtiari to me. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Well except me, apparently. 

The point of my post, which apparently was lost in your being offended by me thinking our pro bowl alternate LT is also a good player, was that the Packers roster in 2018 had a bunch of holes. They themselves validated that this offseason by trying to bring in guys via FA who they think can fill them. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Respect? You only read Florio's Vikings homer takes or what? That is a clueless take. At least I can admit the Bears are a good team, you just twist the narrative to whatever you want. 

Hey, my take is based on Rodgers own words and LaFleur's own word no one else's so don't try to read my mind OK?  You'll only get lost wandering around in the dust and cobwebs and ex-wives and lovers.

So here's my basis.

LaFleur insists his scheme is more structured and leaves less room if any for his QB to be changing play calls at the line.  So says he they'll need to work that part out.

Rodgers lays claim in his quote to being one of the very few QBs in the NFL who can AND has done that successfully and he doesn't think preventing him from doing it is wise.

That's it and my take on it is that so far Rodgers is not "all in" on LaFleur as his play caller.  It's no more and no less than that.

Now, Rodgers may have a right to feel that way.  He's undoubtedly headed for the HOF some day and his HC ran the NFL's 25th ranked offense last year.  Maybe they've gotten past it already or have for now.  If it all works and they win it's all good but what happens if they don't?  How will Rodgers begin to deal with it then if his instincts are being reigned in?  It's a legit question.

But again it's only an opinion I've developed and opinions aren't wrong.  They're just an opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s good but he’s not the best LT in the league IMO. And yes, I say that knowing he was named first team all pro. I also don’t think Davante, while really good, is a top 5 WR despite his being 2nd in the league in TD receptions. Leno is pretty underrated too IMO. He’s not a superstar among LTs but neither is Bakhtiari to me. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Well except me, apparently. 

The point of my post, which apparently was lost in your being offended by me thinking our pro bowl alternate LT is also a good player, was that the Packers roster in 2018 had a bunch of holes. They themselves validated that this offseason by trying to bring in guys via FA who they think can fill them. 

Your post is fair and I am not here to disagree with Leno being a good player or the Packers having holes in 2018, because those are true. The fact is though Bakh is an Elite player and there is no question the Bears would start him over Leno. That is just a homer take, which is fine, we all have them. The rest of your post is more than fair but I will be optimistic about LaFleur and the FA signings until they give me reason not to be. Bears fans should be plenty optimistic about their team as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

Hey, my take is based on Rodgers own words and LaFleur's own word no one else's so don't try to read my mind OK?  You'll only get lost wandering around in the dust and cobwebs and ex-wives and lovers.

So here's my basis.

LaFleur insists his scheme is more structured and leaves less room if any for his QB to be changing play calls at the line.  So says he they'll need to work that part out.

Rodgers lays claim in his quote to being one of the very few QBs in the NFL who can AND has done that successfully and he doesn't think preventing him from doing it is wise.

That's it and my take on it is that so far Rodgers is not "all in" on LaFleur as his play caller.  It's no more and no less than that.

Now, Rodgers may have a right to feel that way.  He's undoubtedly headed for the HOF some day and his HC ran the NFL's 25th ranked offense last year.  Maybe they've gotten past it already or have for now.  If it all works and they win it's all good but what happens if they don't?  How will Rodgers begin to deal with it then if his instincts are being reigned in?  It's a legit question.

But again it's only an opinion I've developed and opinions aren't wrong.  They're just an opinion.

All good man, I came to your forum to pass the work day by. Thanks for the laugh and I would say good luck but I wouldn't really mean it so that'd just be a waste of time. 

• Like 1

Can't wait to watch the Bears flame out ala the Jags. 

30 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

At least I can admit the Bears are a good team, you just twist the narrative to whatever you want. 

You can't wait for Chicago to flame out ala Jax but you admit they're a good team?

Tell me.  What would you have posted if you thought they sucked like a Dyson?  xD

• Like 1

They are for public practices, first off. Secondly why would you want to put a scheme on tape for another team prior to the season, keep the looks as unscounted as you can. Never said everything was perfect but there are many more reports about how LaFleur/Rodgers are getting along than some stupid argument over a joint practice. 

If I were you I'd me much more worried about Rich Campbell saying that Matt Nagy was visibly upset about Mitch's accuracy against the second string defense than any Packer fan will ever be about this nonsense. 

You mean a coach getting on his QB about a completed pass that he felt should have been a deep shot instead?  Had nothing to do with accuracy.  He wanted Mitch to go downfield.  And when a coach had the respect of his players (as Nagy clearly does) he can do that when he wants to for effect.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

All good man, I came to your forum to pass the work day by. Thanks for the laugh and I would say good luck but I wouldn't really mean it so that'd just be a waste of time. 

Hey brother.  I lived in Green Bay for 15 years and have two daughters, a grandson, a brother-in-law, and many many old and dear friends who will always be die hard Packer fans so I am Under Armored for Packers/Bears debates.  xD

In fact I'll spend about 5 weeks in Wisconsin in Sept. and Oct. visiting family and friends and taking care of business.  I'm sure we'll all have some glorious face to face debates as well me in my Bears jacket and they in their GB garb. 

Once the season begins all will be revealed and my guess is the NFCN will be a very tightly packed bunch.  No walk across wins.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, soulman said:

I don't think Fangio wanted any part of that deal where his QB wants to run his own show.

But I do agree that coaches like LaFleur are who you hire to develop young QBs like Mariota.

For guys like Rodgers you need established winners with schemes he'll respect.  Unfortunately they're in short supply and Vince Lombardi isn't coming back.

That's why I was terrified they'd get Gase.

15 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Outside of Rodgers, Adams, HHCD and maybe Bahktiari (sp?) would any position players from the 2018 Packers team start on the 2019 Bears? I guess Daniels over Nichols too. Is this version of Jimmy Graham better than a healthy Trey Burton at this point? I’d say probably not. So 5 position players out of 23 (considering nickel CB as well). How many wins does that 2018 roster get with a replacement level starting QB instead of Rodgers? Not many. 

They aren't playing the Bears, or a comparable team (if there is one) every week, though. 

Edited by Heinz D.

9 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

The mental gymnastics in this thread is astounding.

You realize we're comparing a 12-4 team and a 6-9-1 team. Right? 

6 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

They are for public practices, first off. Secondly why would you want to put a scheme on tape for another team prior to the season, keep the looks as unscounted as you can. Never said everything was perfect but there are many more reports about how LaFleur/Rodgers are getting along than some stupid argument over a joint practice. 

If I were you I'd me much more worried about Rich Campbell saying that Matt Nagy was visibly upset about Mitch's accuracy against the second string defense than any Packer fan will ever be about this nonsense. 

The accumulation of news about LaFleur vs. Rodgers could well be blown up, to some degree, by the media. But to ignore it entirely is simply deflection.

Your tidbit about Nagy is also meaningless. And, if I got continuing hints at a Nagy/Trubisky rift, it would scare the hell out of me. 

5 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Eh,  I wouldn't make too much of it. They might just be keeping their special stuff off the tape and not letting anything slip out a la John Fox. 

chuckle.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Hey brother.  I lived in Green Bay for 15 years and have two daughters, a grandson, a brother-in-law, and many many old and dear friends who will always be die hard Packer fans so I am Under Armored for Packers/Bears debates.  xD

In fact I'll spend about 5 weeks in Wisconsin in Sept. and Oct. visiting family and friends and taking care of business.  I'm sure we'll all have some glorious face to face debates as well me in my Bears jacket and they in their GB garb. 

Once the season begins all will be revealed and my guess is the NFCN will be a very tightly packed bunch.  No walk across wins.

That’s great. I am actually in a similar boat myself. I married a Bears family and actually lived in Schaumburg for 10 years before heading back to Wisconsin. I’m still getting used not living and working with mostly Bears fans. Most Bears fans are great and most of my friends/family are so I’m used to the back and forth. All in good fun.

• Like 2