NFCN Rivals - Packers Thread

dll2000

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

This has been a pretty cool division to watch over the years.  So many memorable players.  Lions also had Megatron and Barry, who are also all-time greats.

Lot's of great history Buck and having spent so many years in Green Bay I've gotten pretty indoctrinated into old Packer lore as well.

Over the years I've seen Lambeau Field grow from a time when the North end zone was open and you could see into the stadium proper from Lombardi avenue to the monster that it is today and how the area surrounding it has grown.

I also recall when a Kroll's hamburger was $1.50 not $5.50 and you could get a bowl of Chili Johns at lunch for $2.00.  :(

• Like 1

Oh, and FWIW although I never saw a football game in the old Met Stadium I did watch a couple of Twins games there and saw the home plate in the floor of Mall of the America's.  I've got family in and around the Twin Cities too.

I'm a Midwestern Chicago born and raised kid who became the black sheep and moved out west to Colorado, LOL.

So I posted in Packers forum that I suspected, but didn’t know,  that Rodgers sat out that preseason game with a ‘hurt’ back because he didn’t want to play in preseason despite his coaches wishes.  

I said it was consistent with Rodgers sending subtle messages to coach to express his displeasure with decisions he disagrees with. 

You would think I just blasphemed the Lord and uttered a crazy kook theory that couldn’t possibly be true in slightest. 

They said they read my posts on the forum and everything I say is worthless garbage and I should be banned from the site for saying what I said. 

Sheesh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

So I posted in Packers forum that I suspected, but didn’t know,  that Rodgers sat out that preseason game with a ‘hurt’ back because he didn’t want to play in preseason despite his coaches wishes.  

I said it was consistent with Rodgers sending subtle messages to coach to express his displeasure with decisions he disagrees with. 

You would think I just blasphemed the Lord and uttered a crazy kook theory that couldn’t possibly be true in slightest. 

They said they read my posts on the forum and everything I say is worthless garbage and I should be banned from the site for saying what I said. 

Sheesh. 

And...what have we learned today? xD

• Like 2

On 8/17/2019 at 8:03 AM, dll2000 said:

TBH it was a stupid theory and does not in any way line up with what Rodgers has done in the past. When you post stupid on a forum especially on the forum of the fans of the guy your blasting your going to get trolled out of there. As someone with over 3000 posts you shouldn't be in the least bit surprised. 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

TBH it was a stupid theory and does not in any way line up with what Rodgers has done in the past. When you post stupid on a forum especially on the forum of the fans of the guy your blasting your going to get trolled out of there. As someone with over 3000 posts you shouldn't be in the least bit surprised. 

I think it's clear that @dll2000 is among the growing crowd (which includes many in the media) that feels that Rodgers is displaying behavior that differs from what he's done in the past. Not that weird a concept, right or wrong. And really, by and large, nobody should get "trolled out" of any corner of this place. Shouldn't be acceptable forum conduct. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Says the person coming in here bashing another persons opinion, so why don't you take your own advice and leave.

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Why is it stupid and why would what Rodgers has done "in the past" necessarily mean things haven't changes in "Tundraville"?  So because he's never done it before means he can't do it now?  Sure thing and Brett Favre was never a dikhead prima donna until suddenly he was.  There are a lot of veteran players who don't favor playing in a preseason game surrounded by lesser talent.

Rodgers publicly stated he wasn't in favor of camp scrimmages with an opposing team in direct contravention of what LaFleur said.  It's not really much of stretch to take that one step farther and feel like he has nothing to prove by playing in a preseason game against rookies trying to make a roster who won't respect his "aura" and "his legendary status" and may take a knee out just for ***** and grins.

To be honest with you I'd tend to agree with him not playing.  Besides, I want him 100% on Sept. 5th so both teams are at full strength.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 8:03 AM, dll2000 said:

Sheesh. 

I apologize for the rude posts.  Feel free to PM either myself or Packerraymond if you feel that you're being attacked in the future.

• Like 1

Looks like Rashan Gary is living up to the hype...

Patriots' Chase Winovich pulling ahead of former teammate Rashan Gary in preseason

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-patriots-chase-winovich-pulling-ahead-of-former-teammate-rashan-gary-in-preseason

NFL teams somewhat took a side between the people participating in the above-mentioned argument, with the Packers taking Gary 12th overall, while Winovich slid to the middle of the third round, where he was selected by the Patriots. So far this preseason, both have been on the field a lot, and thus their production seems to be very similar to their college tape. Gary has played 61 snaps and earned an overall grade of 56.5, which ranks 40th among rookie edge defenders, while Winovich’s grade of 92.2 on 66 snaps leads all rookie edge defenders.

Pass-rush was not Gary’s forte in college, either, and he has yet to make an impact rushing the passer, as he picked up just one hurry on 29 pass-rushing snaps while he also beat his blocker on another play where the QB got rid of the ball before he could have got there. Gary not only failed to make an impact rushing the passer, he also struggled in run defense in his first two games, failing to set the edge multiple times, which led to a run defense grade of 58.4 as he recorded no tackles on 32 run plays.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I apologize for the rude posts.  Feel free to PM either myself or Packerraymond if you feel that you're being attacked in the future.

And it continues. Goes on and on. Behavior that should NOT be allowed here gets green lit. Because, you know, Packers fans simply have to be *******s. That's the way of things...

31 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Looks like Rashan Gary is living up to the hype...

Patriots' Chase Winovich pulling ahead of former teammate Rashan Gary in preseason

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-patriots-chase-winovich-pulling-ahead-of-former-teammate-rashan-gary-in-preseason

NFL teams somewhat took a side between the people participating in the above-mentioned argument, with the Packers taking Gary 12th overall, while Winovich slid to the middle of the third round, where he was selected by the Patriots. So far this preseason, both have been on the field a lot, and thus their production seems to be very similar to their college tape. Gary has played 61 snaps and earned an overall grade of 56.5, which ranks 40th among rookie edge defenders, while Winovich’s grade of 92.2 on 66 snaps leads all rookie edge defenders.

Pass-rush was not Gary’s forte in college, either, and he has yet to make an impact rushing the passer, as he picked up just one hurry on 29 pass-rushing snaps while he also beat his blocker on another play where the QB got rid of the ball before he could have got there. Gary not only failed to make an impact rushing the passer, he also struggled in run defense in his first two games, failing to set the edge multiple times, which led to a run defense grade of 58.4 as he recorded no tackles on 32 run plays.

Love to hear about what PFF thinks about the play of rookies in August

FAAAAAART

• Like 1