90210 Reboot

KewlBeanz

At first I was hoping for a Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life kind of story continuation, but I’m eager to see how they try to pull off this satirical mockumentary take.  If this is what brought them back together then I’m onboard too.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Maybe the sitcom industry should just die out if this is the best they can do. Or if they are not even going to try anymore might as well do something somewhat entertaining like Saved By the Bell that came from that era. 

90210 was never a sitcom.  In fact it was the first dramatic TV show that tried to address real life issues that teenagers were going through like addiction, sex, racism, suicide, gun violence etc. 

4 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Never watched but it did lead to one of my favorite jokes ever:

I haven't really watched the re-boot that the CW did of whose line, but the original show on ABC in the late 90's early 00's was phenomenal. Funniest show I had ever seen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

This feels like a tasteless cash grab for nostalgia after Luke Perry's death.  I never liked the original so I will be passing on this. 

It was already well underway before he died and publicly announced the month before he died.  Luke was rumored to have a planned cameo but died before he could film it.  The entire cast has remained really close throughout the years.  It’s pretty messed up to think they’d pounce on their friend’s death for money.  Thanks for chiming in on something you never even liked though. 

tenor.gif

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

This feels like a tasteless cash grab for nostalgia after Luke Perry's death.  I never liked the original so I will be passing on this. 

Definitely a nostalgic cash grab, but as @thrILL! said, it was planned before he passed.

Its crazy....Garbrille Carteres (sp?) in the original was 30 years old playing a high school student.    I still remember a parody done on SNL or MadTV where they had an elderly woman playing her part LMAO.   

• Like 2