Texans @ Green Bay "Dont Get Hurt Bowl"

Leader

On 8/10/2019 at 10:20 AM, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler:  Ty Summers and Rashan Gary were both good early vs Texans and both faded as the game went on. Early returns were extremely promising though, especially on Summers, who was everywhere.

Yep, very accurate take.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:57 AM, Victor1124 said:

I want Gary to be really good and all but after watching him the entire first half, it kind of baffles me that someone could come to this conclusion. 

What?  That’s just silly.

8 minutes ago, Donzo said:

What?... Were you being sarcastic?

He’s an enormous Frack hater. He’s constantly spewing ignorant Frack rants… The Frack haters do love his nonsense, though.

I remember last year fenel was taking a lot of heat after Frack dominated pro bowler Duane Brown in the Seahawks game… I thought fenel was gonna have a stroke- lol.

I don't follow him since I rarely go on Twitter anyways. But I see his tweets here all the time and I've never seen him act that crazy. Someone else mentioned he hates Fackrell. I had honestly never seen him do it before. I was just saying in general

On 8/10/2019 at 11:22 AM, packfanfb said:

In thinking about the game, one encouraging thing I saw was our pass protection. Overall it was fantastic. I'm used to seeing our preseason games where our 2nd and 3rd string OLines just look terrible. Kizer and Boyle were clean all night.

Absolutely, the young OL players look real good. I just posted about this in OL thread... Jenkins looks like a rookie freaK! I remember Zack Martin and Quenton Nelson, from last year, immediately looking like Pro Bowl guards. Jenkins could be like that. I don’t know how Taylor is gonna keep him on the bench, and that would be bad for Taylor. He has no value as a backup.

Light was as good as advertised from early in camp. Paneky looks like he’s making a big year three jump… I thought Madison and de Beer, were so-so, but that is so much better than previous 3rd teamers.

Just now, Norm said:

I don't follow him since I rarely go on Twitter anyways. But I see his tweets here all the time and I've never seen him act that crazy. Someone else mentioned he hates Fackrell. I had honestly never seen him do it before. I was just saying in general

OK, fair enough. I don't do much twitter either.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:24 AM, Victor1124 said:

and when the coach says something nice about him or some random person tweets that he made a good play in practice, the Gary supporters come out of the wood work and tell everyone how they told us so and he will be the next Reggie White. It works both ways. Nobody is actually acting how you described; someone asked how Gary looked and people are just explaining what they saw. 

Nobody should take much from one preseason game but as someone who isn't as sure about Gary as you are,  my concern is that with all the training camp hype, he looked exactly like he did at Michigan and besides one quick rush he didn't show much at all against the reserves of a weak offensive line. Not saying that is something people should freak out about, a lot can change with getting more reps, more coaching, and playing in packages with our starting defense but this is still a Packers forum where we talk about how players perform after each game. 

Geez, that's not even close. Or, do you have link to people calling Garry the next Reggie White. 

I'm not  gonna go into detail here...  You have the typical player hate spin going here. You make “acknowledge, then ignore” statements coupled with ‘Ya, but” declarations.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:45 PM, skibrett15 said:

I think it's the age thing?

Fackrell also has some hilarious, "giff-able" moments which are pretty easy to point to.  I mean, if this team thought fackrell was any good they wouldn't have signed the folks they did.

Fackrell is fine depth.  Expecting more is a bit silly, but expecting him to be cut is equally silly.

So, are you saying he’s gonna regress this year? He was better than a “fine backup” last year.  

Just now, Donzo said:

Geez, that's not even close. Or, do you have link to people calling Garry the next Reggie White. 

I'm not  gonna go into detail here...  You have the typical player hate spin going here. You make “acknowledge, then ignore” statements coupled with ‘Ya, but” declarations.

Who is the dude that caught the two week ban for his nazi impersonation? That dude was obsessed. 

13 minutes ago, Donzo said:

What?... Were you being sarcastic?

He’s an enormous Frack hater. He’s constantly spewing ignorant Frack rants… The Frack haters do love his nonsense, though.

I remember last year fenel was taking a lot of heat after Frack dominated pro bowler Duane Brown in the Seahawks game… I thought fenel was gonna have a stroke- lol.

Fackrell was bad playing run D against backup TEs. It's not fiction. Cutting him is a bit premature as theres nothing behind him but the chances he sees a 2nd contract under Pettine are low.

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I watched it, what did we see that was good? He had maybe one pressure?

Was there a play that stuck out to you?

Nothing that would make think the 21 yr old kid isn't going to be a good player... He broke through the line  a few times,. the one early pressure was probably his best play.

Edited by Donzo
To complete the post

On 8/10/2019 at 11:07 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

I don't believe someone having a good game or not is determined by the stat sheet. I saw Gary beat his man, I saw him get doubled. He did his job for the most part.

I would as well.  But I wouldn't say he was great or bad.  The stats don't show up in the stat sheet, but he impacted the game.