Texans @ Green Bay "Dont Get Hurt Bowl"

Leader

8 hours ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I watched the condensed game (40 min) on Gamepass. I was impressed by Summers ability to read the plays. He was in the right place and right time for most of the part. I don't think he is the fastest ILB but he seems to knows his limitations and plays to his skills.

I didn't realize that Summers has an absolutely elite RAS too.

What exactly is the knock on this guy? 6'1", 240 - he's not undersized, elite athlete, good instincts.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What exactly is the knock on this guy? 6'1", 240 - he's not undersized, elite athlete, good instincts.

He played in the Big 12, a conference not known for defense, and he played mostly Edge.  I figure that "convert small but athletic edges to ILB" is an exploitable market inefficiency though.  Like I was all over moving that Northern Illinois edge Tampa took to ILB this offseason.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:10 PM, vegas492 said:

Jesus, relax.  Moore your cousin?

We saw different games last night.  And I'm talking about the game last night, not practices.  And I"m not talking about drops.  Never mentioned that, but you went there very quickly.

I don't see a player having fun and playing free, loose and with confidence.  I see a player who is playing tight.  Everything about him looks strained and not effortless.

I mean last night, I think that Shepard and Lazard looked better than Moore.  

I once thought that Moore would make it over Kumerow.  I"m not sure that is true now.  It Moore makes it over him, it will be based on potential, not current level of play.

And...I'll take your internet wager or signature bet that Moore becomes a 1200 yard receiver by his fourth year in the NFL.  Because, he's Adams and Nelson.  In fact, Adams had a sub 900 yard season in year #4.  I"ll move the wager to that.  Moore in year 4 at 900 yards.  Forget Nelson you were just talking silly.  Forget 4'th round pick versus second round picks.  Let's do this.  I'm pumped!

What are you talking about? You’ve been the one on a multi-day rant about Moore- so, who needs to calm down? I simply replied to your silly post about Moore with some real good comps. I’m sorry it bothered you so much.

If you’re seeing Moore playing “tight”, then that’s what you want to see. He definitely showed some frustration after his TD catch, but that’s about it… Kizer threw a couple bad passes his way and he was a pro about it, no attitude.

For your wager, sure why not. It doesn’t much matter, I doubt the board is here in a couple years. It gets about 1/5 the posts and about 1/10 the football content it used to. And, your track record is pretty awful on your player hate... For example, I remember how much you bellyached about Crosby in the Playoffs. I also remember how proud of yourself you were when you called him “Crossbar” rather than Crosby (haha). After you tagged him with that handle, he didn’t miss a kick for few years on his way to setting the NFL record for most consecutive successful postseason field goals… oopsie!

So, Moore is Adams and Nelson? Are you really that senseless about comps or are you just throwing a strawman out there?

On 8/9/2019 at 12:56 PM, JBURGE said:

Sorry but vegas is right here. Moore is playing with low confidence and he is still body catching (or trying to). We will see how he looks after the next few preseason games, but I would say he's not rostered if he doesn't improve on last night. He had multiple drops, and 2 of his catches he bobbled

Well, no. Vegas said other things, things that were wrong. 

How do you know he has “low confidence”?... I saw frustration after his TD catch. He was normal before and after that.

And, how did he have multiple drops? Kizer had a couple bad throws that Moore tried to catch, I don’t see how’d you’d classify them as drops…  The one was thrown too far in front of him and he stumbled trying to lean out for it… Then on the throw Kizer threw about four feet behind him, are you really gonna peg Moore with a drop on that throw? He was lucky he even touched it… Lastly, on his one true drop, it was wasn’t even a drop. With the defensive penalty, it was a non-play. :D

On 8/9/2019 at 2:09 PM, HyponGrey said:

I'll admit it. I absolutely thought Jordy was gonna bust because his drops infuriated me. He learned me something good. 

I was OK with Jordy and Adams; I thought Jones might not get a 2nd contract because of the drops.

On Jordy’s drops, one bothers me to this day, and it was well into his career… It was the game in Buffalo about four or five years ago. There were a lot of drops that game that led to a loss. Though, Rodgers had a couple INTs, too The worst one was the long one to Jordy that could have won the game. It would have been like a 94-yard TD with Jordy running clear… The ball bounced off his hands like a super-ball off the pavement- it still bugs me thinking about it...  The Bills DB's were very cocky about, too.

5 minutes ago, Donzo said:
On 8/9/2019 at 12:56 PM, JBURGE said:

Sorry but vegas is right here. Moore is playing with low confidence and he is still body catching (or trying to). We will see how he looks after the next few preseason games, but I would say he's not rostered if he doesn't improve on last night. He had multiple drops, and 2 of his catches he bobbled

Well, no. Vegas said other things, things that were wrong. 

How do you know he has “low confidence”?... I saw frustration after his TD catch. He was normal before and after that.

And, how did he have multiple drops? Kizer had a couple bad throws that Moore tried to catch, I don’t see how’d you’d classify them as drops…  The one was thrown too far in front of him and he stumbled trying to lean out for it… Then on the throw Kizer threw about four feet behind him, are you really gonna peg Moore with a drop on that throw? He was lucky he even touched it… Lastly, on his one true drop, it was wasn’t even a drop. With the defensive penalty, it was a non-play. :D

This is just disingenuous. Even if you don't want to classify them as drops, they are catches someone who makes an NFL 53 needs to make.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:29 PM, Norm said:

Ben not usually a hot take guy either...

What?... Were you being sarcastic?

He’s an enormous Frack hater. He’s constantly spewing ignorant Frack rants… The Frack haters do love his nonsense, though.

I remember last year fenel was taking a lot of heat after Frack dominated pro bowler Duane Brown in the Seahawks game… I thought fenel was gonna have a stroke- lol.