Texans @ Green Bay "Dont Get Hurt Bowl"

Leader

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Yeah, I just can't be a fan of his past his PR ability. I don't see that quick short burst to make him a slot guy. He has great speed but still to me just isn't a great outside threat. I won't cry if he makes the 53 but hope we have another guy that can show.

Shepherd doesn't possess the same skillsket as Davis, but I wouldn't cry if Shep earned a spot on the 53 at the expense of Davis. More years of cheap, and if he has the savvy and mind Rodgers has been praising, he could be a nice affordable weapon for the next 4-5 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Shepherd doesn't possess the same skillsket as Davis, but I wouldn't cry if Shep earned a spot on the 53 at the expense of Davis. More years of cheap, and if he has the savvy and mind Rodgers has been praising, he could be a nice affordable weapon for the next 4-5 years.

Good point and agree. Can he return for the ST units it seems J Davis has been doing that. After 89 fumbled there on that KR J Davis was promptly out for the next KR.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

From skillet to skillsket. 

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

guy's just trying to earn a spot etc.  Can't really fault lonnie even though you wish it didn't happen.

He was just amped up, first day against another NFL team that kind of stuff

Edited by Norm

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

guy's just trying to earn a spot etc.  Can't really fault lonnie even though you wish it didn't happen.

I understand guys playing hard, but he's a 2nd round pick...his dirty hits/"flexing" and posting about it on social media are completely uncalled for. I fault him for being an idiot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

Yeah, I just can't be a fan of his past his PR ability. I don't see that quick short burst to make him a slot guy. He has great speed but still to me just isn't a great outside threat. I won't cry if he makes the 53 but hope we have another guy that can show.

I've always wanted them to use him more in inside drag and post patterns - as opposed to being pressed up against a sideline.
Get Davis the ball in behind (or in between) the LB's and let him line up the seams between the Safeties. That I'd like to see.

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

was kizer any good?

His bad moments were less bad - off-target throws or dipping his head to get 2 yards on 3rd and 1. Spiked the ball on a super-well defended WR screen that last year would've been an INT, so that was nice to see. His TD was great, escaped the pocket and running to his right.

I went to bed after the 1st half. Did Shepherd return any kicks or punts? In the 1st half I remember seeing Jawill and I think Redding, anybody else??

I think it was noteworthy that de Beer got the start at right tackle over Pankey. If I recall correctly on the same day when Spriggs was waived Bulaga was given a day off and that meant at practice Light started at left tackle whilst Pankey got the nod at right tackle. Pankey did not do enough to parlay that opportunity to earn the start in the 1st preseason game. As far as I can tell de Beer was only in for the 1st quarter. Pankey ended up taking more snaps at left and right tackle as the game went on.

I assume Nijman played some in the 2nd half. How did he do? 

I liked the look of Bolton in some of the 1st half plays. He got washed out on the running play leading up to the Greene fumble but he turned around and worked his way back and put in a key block for Hollman to continue his progress forward. He moves around very well and that helped him in pass defence. I think he made a block on a potential TD pass in the red zone. If Burks is out for any length of time then Bolton has a real shot.

Whilst Ty Summers did very well in the 1st half i'm still not sure if he has a shot of making the roster. Even with Burks injury.  The way I see it they will only keep 2 pure ILB and 2 versatile coverage type ILB. At the moment Martinez and Crawford makes up the former and Burks and Jones makes up the latter. Summers fits into the pure category and he will need Martinez or Crawford to get an injury. I think Crawford is locked in as our key ST player. With so much nickle and dime defence it doesn't make much sense to stock up on ILB nowdays.