Packers Bar in Tampa?

GBPACKMAN4LIFE

Hey all, I am from Spokane, WA, but I got a new job that has me in Tampa for 3 out of the next 4 weeks. I was on PackersEverywhere.com looking for a Packers bar here in Tampa, and it's giving me three recommendations, but I don't see anything on the websites or Google reviews about them being a "Packers bar." 

• Babalouie's Grille & Sports Garden
  • Press Box
  • The Sail Pavilion

Anybody from the Tampa area able to speak to a good place to watch a Packers (preseason) game? 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, GBPACKMAN4LIFE said:

Hey all, I am from Spokane, WA, but I got a new job that has me in Tampa for 3 out of the next 4 weeks. I was on PackersEverywhere.com looking for a Packers bar here in Tampa, and it's giving me three recommendations, but I don't see anything on the websites or Google reviews about them being a "Packers bar." 

• Press Box
  • The Sail Pavilion

Anybody from the Tampa area able to speak to a good place to watch a Packers (preseason) game? 

Thanks!

There's plenty of places with multiple screens.....but I've never been to a quote/unquote Packer Bar - or that I know at least. When and if I go....where do I go to anyway? Ahhh...Smokey Bones. No reason other than it's around the corner from the house, I can park myself in front of a screen a few feet inside the bar and get good food/drinks. The folks behind the bar are pleasant - realize why you're there and dont pester you to eat/drink and move on. So you leave them a good tip - everybody goes home happy and they smile at you when you come back. Whats not to like? :)

Of those you've listed - the Press Box has the biggest name and probably draws the biggest crowds. Dont know as I've not been there for some time, but its been around the longest. Last time I was there was a Lakers/Celtics playoff game (at the Garden) - so that'll give you a sense of timing. The place was hopping (!) and we beat their *** which made it more than memorable. There's nothing quite like Lakers and Celtic fans in close quarters during a Playoff game LOL. It'll surely test your sense of sportsmanship! Has something of a "hole in the wall" interior however - but if you're there just for the screen........

Of those listed - I'd recommend The Sail - simply based on location. I've never been there so cant tell you screen locations and such but it looks like a nice set up - out on the water with a wrap around outside porch of some kind.

2 hours ago, GBPACKMAN4LIFE said:

• Press Box
  • The Sail Pavilion

Thanks!

Yeah I'm from Florida and there are no Packers bars. We do have a decent fan base down here and you may see even a few Packers fans license plates. Almost any mid to major size franchise bar will usually show a Packers Game.

I recommend Ale House if all else fails.

There's definitely one in St. Pete.  Went to Tampa with my GF to see the Bengals play the Buccs.  She's a Packer fan so we went to this Packer bar nearby to take in Ohio State then Wisconsin, the week Barrett blew his ACL and the week before Cardale went ham on the Badgers before the playoff run.  the place was all Wisconsin themed, so mostly Packers, but they had plenty of Badger and brewer stuff.  Obviously there were a ton of badger fans.

I think the name definitely incorporated Wiscy in the name.  But if you are at the right place, the windows are all Packers.  

Definitely check ahead, as this was like 5 years ago,

Just now, Norm said:

I figured you were just mad the last time you were in Tampa you had nowhere to hang. But that's cool. I get it.

All good, I love the banter with Packer fans and some of my best friends and immediate family are Packer backers....

1 hour ago, dafreak said:

Revised, sometimes I forget how sensitive this world has become....

Could there be a more ****** bag way to not admit fault?

Either leave the post and let the world judge you for it, or change it and give an authentic apology for using hurtful language. I really don't even care which one you pick, but the route you picked is just the worst of all worlds. 

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Could there be a more ****** bag way to not admit fault?

Either leave the post and let the world judge you for it, or change it and give an authentic apology for using hurtful language. I really don't even care which one you pick, but the route you picked is just the worst of all worlds. 

Geez dude, you do love your victim status- awful!

Besides, if there was an issue, which there wasn't, they worked it out.