Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

Just saw a clip of Cole Holcomb impersonating his coach Ryan- took too full pillows under his shirt and he was still not nearly as rotund but so funny. Like this kid! 

holcomb_outfit.jpg

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/cole-holcomb-impersonated-rob-ryan-during-rookie-skits-and-ryan-totally-approves

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He was a terrible second round pick lol

Maybe, I've heard he's having a much better camp but it's true you still don't hear his name a lot in terms of making splash/highlight twitter plays. 

It's going to be interesting to see what he does this year vs the Gun & Marijuana college busted Tim Williams in Baltimore who may start at ROLB for them.

Edited by turtle28

Went to training camp yesterday.

Quinn had a solid day all around. Keenum worked with the first team and Colt the 2nd. Neither showed anything great. Line had a rough day. Haskins had the best throw of the day on a BOMB to Terry. Moreland is gonna play, I am convinced of that, definitely. Saw NOTHING from Doctson nor Ryan Anderson. Harmon had a rough start and closed out strong. Woodrum fed him on three straight plays to score and end practice on a TD.

Funniest moment: Larry Michaels is walking around handing out bumper stickers to kids. Some dude asks for one. Larry responds "their for the kids, it's kids day." Dude responds "Larry, the kids don't have a car, they can't drive." Larry responds "then I hope they put them all on your car."

Skintangibles check.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Just saw a clip of Cole Holcomb impersonating his coach Ryan- took too full pillows under his shirt and he was still not nearly as rotund but so funny. Like this kid! 

holcomb_outfit.jpg

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/cole-holcomb-impersonated-rob-ryan-during-rookie-skits-and-ryan-totally-approves

He's a dead ringer for Rob in that picture. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Quinn had a solid day all around. Keenum worked with the first team and Colt the 2nd. Neither showed anything great. Line had a rough day. Haskins had the best throw of the day on a BOMB to Terry. Moreland is gonna play, I am convinced of that, definitely. Saw NOTHING from Doctson nor Ryan Anderson. Harmon had a rough start and closed out strong. Woodrum fed him on three straight plays to score and end practice on a TD.

Funniest moment: Larry Michaels is walking around handing out bumper stickers to kids. Some dude asks for one. Larry responds "their for the kids, it's kids day." Dude responds "Larry, the kids don't have a car, they can't drive." Larry responds "then I hope they put them all on your car."

Skintangibles check.

Thanks for the report.  Can't say the reports on the QBs, Anderson or Doctson are really surprising.  I bet all four aren't on the roster next season.  

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Skintangibles check.

Woo hoo! Moreland!

Former 2nd round pick OT, Jason Springs cut by the packers, he cleared waivers and was put on IR. If he is released with an injury settlement, should we give him a workout? 

He has good athleticism for an OT but he never developed into a starter. Maybe Callahan can develop him...

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Former 2nd round pick OT, Jason Springs cut by the packers, he cleared waivers and was put on IR. If he is released with an injury settlement, should we give him a workout? 

He has good athleticism for an OT but he never developed into a starter. Maybe Callahan can develop him...

Great measurables that resulted in him being way over drafted- but plays more show dog that junkyard dog. I wouldnt't waste my time on him 

Wes Martin just needs coaching and reps. He is a good option. Id play him all game at LG and give him opportunities to develop. We've got a highly touted Ol coacy from his succeswith Dallas. Is he a really good coach or more a product of the talent Dallas had on the OL? Callahan is on the hot seat on this one.

• Like 1

so reports are trents willing to sit out games and sources close to him say that hes done, period. with that being said i am still trying to gauge a market value for him and what I came up with is that the last LT to be traded that was a star tackle was Duane Brown to the seahawks. I want to say that seattle traded a 3rd and a future 2nd to get him. Now heres the thing Brown was also 31 when he was traded and I think we can all agree that Trent is a better tackle than Brown is. So that being said if he really plans to not play I hold him out and wait for a 1st round pick for him

• Like 1