Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

34 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Lmao at acting like 8-8 would be difficult. This team was most likely going to win 9 games with Alex Smith who was absolutely dreadful last year. With a running game and an improved defense 8 wins is definitely in the realm of possibility. And I honestly don’t think the drop off from Smith to Keenum will be that big. I think Case can do exactly why Alex was going. 

i think it really depends on the o-line and if we can run the football

15 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

i think it really depends on the o-line and if we can run the football

Losing Trent is a big negative but we at least have potential at LG now and the rest of the line is pretty damn solid. I can’t see this team being anywhere near as bad as the predictions. Maybe I’m just being a homer but I think we win 7 and end up with two first round picks next year after Trent is traded. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Lmao at acting like 8-8 would be difficult. This team was most likely going to win 9 games with Alex Smith who was absolutely dreadful last year. With a running game and an improved defense 8 wins is definitely in the realm of possibility. And I honestly don’t think the drop off from Smith to Keenum will be that big. I think Case can do exactly why Alex was going. 

There are no receivers, aging and injury prone TE's, an offensive line with tons of questions and a secondary thats not going to be strong against the pass.  And lets not forget that we are sure to suffer injuries just like the past couple seasons at one of the worst rates in the NFL.  8 wins is the absolute maximum, and that's being generous.  

Keenum was 6-10 last year, despite having Emmanuel Sanders on pace for a top 10 year as a receiver, Phillip Lindsay with a 1,000 yard rushing season and Courtland Sutton averaging almost 17 YPC.  Their defense was very similar to ours this year- a strong front seven, solid corners but no safeties to speak of.  Another 6-10 season might be a success depending on injuries.  We don't nearly have the talent that Denver had on their offense last year.  

We are getting lots of disagreements on our season record, so let me change directions a bit to see if we can have something closer to consensus:

- Jordan Reed will miss games due to injury

- Vernon Davis will make some nice catches but will also drop some easy ones that cost us a game

- Case will start the year but will not finish the year as starting QB. Haskins will start some games and look both very good and very bad as rookies do

- Flowers will get benched 

- Both Richardson and Quinn will miss games with injuries

-  both MVP and guice will start games at RB, but MVP will lead the team in rushing yards and be our most important offensive player 

- Chris Thompson will miss some games due to injury

- Our DL will be the strength of the team

- Norman will get at least one unsportsmanlike penalty and at least 6 illegal contact/pass interference penalties 

- Dunbar will lead the team in interceptions 

- by the end of the year almost all fans will want Norman gone to be replaced by Moreland 

- Kerrigan leads the team in sacks and ties or  breaks his season sack record 13.5 ( thank the DLine and Sweat)

- Tress Way will punt great

- our longest winning streak will be 2 games

- Jay will say at press conferences: “likes the way the team prepared, I like the guys effort, we can’t have so many penalties, Injuries hurt, but it’s next man up”

- Doc will get one warning for posting inappropriate images

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26686576/2019-nfl-power-rankings-projected-wins-playoff-chances-1-32 

Projected wins: 6.2
Chance to make playoffs: 10.0 percent

14 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

We are getting lots of disagreements on our season record, so let me change directions a bit to see if we can have something closer to consensus:

- Jordan Reed will miss games due to injury

- Vernon Davis will make some nice catches but will also drop some easy ones that cost us a game

- Case will start the year but will not finish the year as starting QB. Haskins will start some games and look both very good and very bad as rookies do

- Flowers will get benched 

- Both Richardson and Quinn will miss games with injuries

-  both MVP and guice will start games at RB, but MVP will lead the team in rushing yards and be our most important offensive player 

- Chris Thompson will miss some games due to injury

- Our DL will be the strength of the team

- Norman will get at least one unsportsmanlike penalty and at least 6 illegal contact/pass interference penalties 

- Dunbar will lead the team in interceptions 

- by the end of the year almost all fans will want Norman gone to be replaced by Moreland 

- Kerrigan leads the team in sacks and ties or  breaks his season sack record 13.5 ( thank the DLine and Sweat)

- Tress Way will punt great

- our longest winning streak will be 2 games

- Jay will say at press conferences: “likes the way the team prepared, I like the guys effort, we can’t have so many penalties, Injuries hurt, but it’s next man up”

- Doc will get one warning for posting inappropriate images

I think this is a post everyone can agree with for once and I commend you for that Doc.

Archived