Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

48 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He's aging and declining.  Doesn't fit the timeline of our team.  

Neither does throwing the ball.

46 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You could argue that with a lot of guys. I'd listen to an argument about a certain ex Cowboy still sitting at home. 

Michael Irvin? :D

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He hasn't been injured badly in years. Any first could end up being a bust, with Clowney your getting a good to great run defender and a guy who has gotten near double-digit sacks the last two years.

The idea is to trade Kerrigan before he starts to decline, same with Trent and Peterson and to do good by them by putting them on a Super Bowl contender.

Heck, the way I really feel about the state of the Redskins w/ or w/o these guys this year, I’d trade Reed to the Texans too if they take him. They can afford it.

That gets us back another pick. 

I don't understand this push for Clowney.  We will immediately have to sign clowney to a very expensive long term deal.  He has a scary injury history.  We are rich at that position right now.  We have real needs, OLB is not it.  Neither does this move solve our future LT situation.

I will never understand why people are so happy to discard Kerrigan.  Statistically, Ryan Kerrigan is a superior player and he has generally had crap on the field with him as opposed to JJ Watt.   Kerrigan takes care of himself and has a minimal injury history.  I expect his career will be longer than Clowneys.  I would much rather resign a core player like him especially since we are losing TW.  The grass is not always greener.  Pay our own guys!

I hope those calling for Haskins to start so soon take notice to Luck retiring. A big key in Luck retiring is the punishment he took because of the Oline he played with earlier in his career. He took alot of punishment. You don't only provide playmakers for the QB to hand the ball off to/throw to but those who can protect him from getting hit as well or you can find yourself in this situation. 

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

I don't understand this push for Clowney.  We will immediately have to sign clowney to a very expensive long term deal.  He has a scary injury history.  We are rich at that position right now.  We have real needs, OLB is not it.  Neither does this move solve our future LT situation.

I will never understand why people are so happy to discard Kerrigan.  Statistically, Ryan Kerrigan is a superior player and he has generally had crap on the field with him as opposed to JJ Watt.   Kerrigan takes care of himself and has a minimal injury history.  I expect his career will be longer than Clowneys.  I would much rather resign a core player like him especially since we are losing TW.  The grass is not always greener.  Pay our own guys!

Clowney is younger by 5 years. The last two years he hasn't been injured. You pay him in his prime, just like we paid TWill & Kerrigan in their prime.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Clowney is younger by 5 years. The last two years he hasn't been just. You pay him in his time, just like we paid TWill & Kerrigan in their prime.

I hear you, I just don't know how you compare when you put it in context of Clowney's injuries.  Another knee issue and he will likely never be the same.  IMO Clowney is fools gold.  We just drafted sweat.  Kerrigan is not as flashy as Clowney and isn't the take over a game kind of guy, but he will also be cheaper and his consistency is something we really need on and off the field.

Archived